Reply: 20 - 65
acko338
January 12, 2024, 5:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
Obikwu gives a very good interview, interestingly saying that he has been tracked since the start of the season but there was a delay in Town acting.

Very well spoken, and eloquent in wanting to help the team by setting himself a 10 goal target.

All 3 seem eager to impress and get playing, but at least haven't "glowed" about this being a project.

Another long throw in Doug, so we now hopefully have another attacking option.

Let's see how the bench looks tomorrow?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 65
golfer
January 12, 2024, 5:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,444
Gold Stars: 116
3 interesting players but who can we drop out of our excellent in form team.?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 65
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
January 12, 2024, 5:24pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +848
Gold Stars: 118
Well, by the sounds of it, 'Sniffer' Wood has either a cold or has a constant dribbling nose. If he has a cold, and his breathing is affected, as it is with most people, he might not make the starting XI, or even the bench.

Will be interesting to see if DA instantly goes for 2 up front with Obikwu and Rose, or if he is going to load the midfield to counter the Notts County midfield.

Im pretty sure Tharme will shoehorn himself into the starting XI, but out of Rodgers and Maher, I'd drop Rodgers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 65
IlkleyMariner
January 12, 2024, 5:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 69
Firstly the positions filled are spot on
Secondly the young striker from Coventry has been on the radar for some time
Whether the other two signings will get in and perform think the jury is out but we will back them
Expect all three to feature in the squad but may not start
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 65
Limerick Mariner
January 12, 2024, 5:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from 123614

Some mixed references to him on the Blackpool forum.  Some mention of him being a bit slow, and another saying he would not fit in with their passing style of play!  But the main consensus is that he is not League One quality but could be ok in League Two.

And it’s killed off another round of Ryan Bennett speculation…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 65
crusty ole pie
January 12, 2024, 5:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,352
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

And it’s killed off another round of Ryan Bennett speculation…

Hallelujah
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 65
It Bites
January 12, 2024, 5:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,222
Gold Stars: 265
They look like 3 good signings and we’re not shopping in the bargain basement
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 65
IlkleyMariner
January 12, 2024, 5:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 69
Think it’s great that despite all the bad things that have gone on in the background, the club has signed three players and kept things in proportion. The accident at Tetley Lock last weekend was heartbreaking.

It’s a pity that the fishy posts expressing sympathy for the family and the club could not be replicated on other topics. Some of the name calling and criticism of fellow fishy followers is quite unacceptable and juvenile. I know of at least one respectable contributor who has received abuse who has simply withdrawn as a contributor. I won’t name them unless they want me to, but they have provided accurate information about the club unlike some of the incoherent ramblings of other members.

I’m sorry that such a useful fans forum gets discredited by a relatively small number of idiots who don’t know how to express themselves. If you can’t post comments in an acceptable and accurate way, please go away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 65
It Bites
January 12, 2024, 6:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,222
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Think it’s great that despite all the bad things that have gone on in the background, the club has signed three players and kept things in proportion. The accident at Tetley Lock last weekend was heartbreaking.

It’s a pity that the fishy posts expressing sympathy for the family and the club could not be replicated on other topics. Some of the name calling and criticism of fellow fishy followers is quite unacceptable and juvenile. I know of at least one respectable contributor who has received abuse who has simply withdrawn as a contributor. I won’t name them unless they want me to, but they have provided accurate information about the club unlike some of the incoherent ramblings of other members.

I’m sorry that such a useful fans forum gets discredited by a relatively small number of idiots who don’t know how to express themselves. If you can’t post comments in an acceptable and accurate way, please go away.

As someone who suffers from mental problems , I soon discovered is best not to take any forum or social to heart . If they’re not saying it to my face I’m not bothered . Even to my face it’s their problem not mine
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Three is the Number

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.