9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
January 1, 2024, 10:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
I know we had an unfortunate result today but are we any closer to achieving B corp status, it seems to have gone a bit quiet

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
male private Nale
January 1, 2024, 10:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
B-Corp is this showers only concern, then stockwood can go to his guardian luvvies and say look what I have achieved in that northern excrement hole I got out of at first opportunity.

“The plebs lapped up my ‘for the many’ mantra whilst I stealthily raised prices in a manner any tory would be proud of . “

This club is in turmoil but the happy clappers won’t realise until it’s too late.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 84
Yoda
January 1, 2024, 10:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,141
Gold Stars: 71
Would we be the first b corp status team in the national league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 84
TAGG
January 1, 2024, 11:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,949
Gold Stars: 126
intercourse the B corp
Left wing loads of absolute balderdash.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 84
realist
January 1, 2024, 11:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Who cares?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 84
dapperz fun pub
January 1, 2024, 11:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,963
Gold Stars: 82
Are any pro clubs b corp ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 84
Yoda
January 1, 2024, 11:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
No one is bothered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 84
mariner91
January 1, 2024, 11:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,666
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from male private Nale
B-Corp is this showers only concern, then stockwood can go to his guardian luvvies and say look what I have achieved in that northern excrement hole I got out of at first opportunity.

“The plebs lapped up my ‘for the many’ mantra whilst I stealthily raised prices in a manner any tory would be proud of . “

This club is in turmoil but the happy clappers won’t realise until it’s too late.

But at least stadium security has improved since you left eh?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 84
AncientExiledMariner
January 1, 2024, 11:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
I try to be polite at times, but intercourse me, some folk talk a load of excrement at times. Yes, the game was excrement, but aren't you an adult? Learn some emotional management. You don't need a scapegoat to channel your frustration into.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 84
lew chaterleys lover
January 2, 2024, 8:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
I actually think it will do us more harm than good, and is a bit of a vanity project for the owner who wants to continually show how elevated his principles are.

He seems to want to deal with people who share these lofty ESG type commitments. Most people have sound values, certainly any that he would deal with regularly,  but most people and businesses are not interested in these artificial constructs but prefer to conduct themselves in a more rational way than forever making sure they are on the right side of the B Corp regulations.

He mentioned many months ago about not wanting / needing new investment until they are the right  people and I suspect he means he only wants to work with people who have "values" that align with his in this particular way.

I, like most of us, am intensely proud of my set of values and the way I lead my life but I wouldn't need a list of rules attached to it given to me by a third party.

He obviously feels it will open some doors to us unavailable to other clubs, but I would have thought his personal reputation and business acumen would have done that in the first few years without using valuable resources and time on it at the moment.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 84
January 2, 2024, 8:41am
Guest User
Ah, we’ve hounded Hurst out, hounded Debbie Cook out and now it’s Stockwood. I see.
Reply: 10 - 84
mariner91
January 2, 2024, 8:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,666
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from 140381
Ah, we’ve hounded Hurst out, hounded Debbie Cook out and now it’s Stockwood. I see.

I think Hurst hounded himself out by winning only three games in three months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 84
January 2, 2024, 8:54am
Guest User
Looking at the run of games and in light of yesterday’s performance, I think that record is going to be smashed. And in some style. And I see it’s going to be Stockwood everyone goes after, rather than Artell. Nothing ever changes on here.
Reply: 12 - 84
HerveJosse
January 2, 2024, 9:08am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from 140381

And Debbie thought the job was so wonderful and loved everybody so much that she decided to leave after 2 and a half years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 84
dapperz fun pub
January 2, 2024, 9:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 140381
Looking at the run of games and in light of yesterday’s performance, I think that record is going to be smashed. And in some style. And I see it’s going to be Stockwood everyone goes after, rather than Artell. Nothing ever changes on here.

Artel has inherited a group of players who look below the required standard for league football  how’s it is fault  ? Long ball short ball tippy tappy ball I’m not sure how we should play cos they struggle with basic passing and basic positional sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 84
dapperz fun pub
January 2, 2024, 9:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

And Debbie thought the job was so wonderful and loved everybody so much that she decided to leave after 2 and a half years

Exactly this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 84
January 2, 2024, 9:19am
Guest User
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Artel has inherited a group of players who look below the required standard for league football  how’s it is fault  ? Long ball short ball tippy tappy ball I’m not sure how we should play cos they struggle with basic passing and basic positional sense.

I seem to recall it was unanimous on here that we’d had a very good close season regarding transfers. Conteh in particular was going for £1,000,000’s.

And as we saw yesterday, it is insane to play in this style unless we sign at least 6-7 players who can do it. And I’m not sure we can do that at the arsë end of league two.
Reply: 16 - 84
diehardmariner
January 2, 2024, 9:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
intercourse me!!

Are we really going to do this at every single bump in the road?  

Yes, the performance yesterday (35 minutes onwards) was absolute dog-excrement.  Yes, Artell is going to really have his work cut out to bring in players who fit his approach because there's far too many of the current crop who can't cut it consistently.  Yes, it's another season that will feel like a rebuild etc. which is demoralising as intercourse.

But none of that has anything to do with the clubs aspirations of getting B-Corp status, just like how the striving for such has no negative impact on the stuff that has happened on the pitch, is happening on the pitch and will continue to happen on the pitch.  

If you don't see the value in getting B-Corp status, fine.  Personally I think that's a bit narrow minded and the type of mindset that has seen the club stuck in the doldrums (that's being kind!) for the previous 20 years, but it's your opinion and you're absolutely entitled to it.  But if you seriously think there's a linkage between trying to get the accreditation and a 6-1 home defeat in the middle of a clear and obvious transition period then I'm at a loss for words.

Do you really think that Luke Waterfall got rinsed for pace at 1-0 up yesterday because we want B-Corp status?  Do you really think the lack of balance in the squad, both in terms of attributes and mental characteristics is a result of B-Corp aspirations as opposed to a the recruitment done in the summer?

By all means there's fair criticism after yesterday on the players performance, I think it's probably harsh but I can see why people would criticise Artell for his persistence with an approach when we clearly don't have the players to do it all the time and I could even understand people getting frustrated with the ownership this weird recruitment summer we had with a clear conflict between the style of play the club want and the style the manager wanted, resulting in this mismatch.   But the club seeking a certification that will be of absolutely zero harm to anyone is not something to whinge about.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 84
diehardmariner
January 2, 2024, 9:31am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

Have you stayed in the same job your whole life?  
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 84
LH
January 2, 2024, 9:39am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,535
Gold Stars: 173
You don’t even need to know the results to see how we’ve done in a game you just need to come on here and read the thread titles:

Lose: B-Corp
Draw: Boats on the Humber today
Win: Play off away leg ticket allocations.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 84
paulmblythe
January 2, 2024, 9:39am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from HerveJosse

Shes clearly ambitious. Would you turn down a higher profile job with better financial rewards if you where ambitious too?  I know i certainly wouldn't if it felt right despite me enjoying my current role.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 84
Yoda
January 2, 2024, 9:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Fans are entitled to moan after the worst defeat at home for 77 years and we all know it could of been worse at Mansfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 84
male private Nale
January 2, 2024, 9:52am
Table Wine Drinker
People saying it has no impact on the playing side of things ? How do they know ? How much money is being rinsed trying to achieve this vanity project which could be better spent elsewhere ? Like on a CB that wouldn’t get rinsed when 1-0 up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 84
chaos33
January 2, 2024, 9:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
But you don’t know anything and you’ve got a strong opinion. Why don’t you tell us?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 84
jamesgtfc
January 2, 2024, 9:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,984
Gold Stars: 190
People saying it has no impact on the playing side of things ? How do they know ? How much money is being rinsed trying to achieve this vanity project which could be better spent elsewhere ? Like on a CB that wouldn’t get rinsed when 1-0 up?

We can only spend 55% of our income on the playing budget. How much have we spent on this 'B-Corp Vanity Project' given that B-Corp is more about values, culture, transparency and accountability?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 84
diehardmariner
January 2, 2024, 10:05am
Vodka Drinker

https://bcorporation.uk/b-corp-certification/pricing/

Good luck finding a top quality centre-back for that money.

Something like B-Corp isn't about chucking money at it to get the certificate.  It will be and is done from existing resources, it's about changing (or at least confirming) how you operate.  

Even if the club has to change some of the things they do to meet B-Corp, it'll make us a better organisation in the long term.  I know long-term is a concept you're probably unfamiliar with but to break it down, it's the complete opposite of the bodge-it-today-someone-elses-problem-in-the-future approach that you were involved with previously.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 84
diehardmariner
January 2, 2024, 10:06am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Yoda
Fans are entitled to moan after the worst defeat at home for 77 years and we all know it could of been worse at Mansfield.

Correct.  There's plenty to moan about.

I don't think B-Corp is one of them though.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 84
Son of Cod
January 2, 2024, 10:17am
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
I actually think it will do us more harm than good, and is a bit of a vanity project for the owner who wants to continually show how elevated his principles are.

He seems to want to deal with people who share these lofty ESG type commitments. Most people have sound values, certainly any that he would deal with regularly,  but most people and businesses are not interested in these artificial constructs but prefer to conduct themselves in a more rational way than forever making sure they are on the right side of the B Corp regulations.

He mentioned many months ago about not wanting / needing new investment until they are the right  people and I suspect he means he only wants to work with people who have "values" that align with his in this particular way.

I, like most of us, am intensely proud of my set of values and the way I lead my life but I wouldn't need a list of rules attached to it given to me by a third party.

He obviously feels it will open some doors to us unavailable to other clubs, but I would have thought his personal reputation and business acumen would have done that in the first few years without using valuable resources and time on it at the moment.

Nice to see a rational and well thought out argument against this application. I do wonder if the fact that it's taking so long is more of an indictment on football in general. The company I work for got B Corp status last year and while I wasn't involved in the process, everyone had to attend a one hour long presentation about what this meant for the company and they briefly touched upon some of the hoops they'd had to jump through and there were a few instances whereby I thought that could possibly prove to be a stumbling block for a football club. You could have all the good intentions in the world, but if your industry is a rat infested cesspit then it's gonna be more difficult.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 84
jamesgtfc
January 2, 2024, 10:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,984
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Son of Cod

Nice to see a rational and well thought out argument against this application. I do wonder if the fact that it's taking so long is more of an indictment on football in general. The company I work for got B Corp status last year and while I wasn't involved in the process, everyone had to attend a one hour long presentation about what this meant for the company and they briefly touched upon some of the hoops they'd had to jump through and there were a few instances whereby I thought that could possibly prove to be a stumbling block for a football club. You could have all the good intentions in the world, but if your industry is a rat infested cesspit then it's gonna be more difficult.

Stockwood alluded to this yesterday, saying that we need to be assessed slightly different as football isn't like any other business.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 84
male private Nale
January 2, 2024, 10:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
But you don’t know anything and you’ve got a strong opinion. Why don’t you tell us?

I just have told you , this left wing drivel is all about the egos of those that run the club.

But ‘for the many’ is the mantra yeah ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 84
ginnywings
January 2, 2024, 10:29am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
This thread is proving the point of what JS said yesterday about the forum.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 84
chaos33
January 2, 2024, 10:44am
Barley Wine Drinker

I just have told you , this left wing drivel is all about the egos of those that run the club.

But ‘for the many’ is the mantra yeah ?

Pffft. You’ve got nothing. You don’t know what it is, how much it costs….nothing. You can’t make even a basic argument.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 84
HertsGTFC
January 2, 2024, 10:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
This thread is proving the point of what JS said yesterday about the forum.

You beat me to it!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 84
Son of Cod
January 2, 2024, 11:03am
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Stockwood alluded to this yesterday, saying that we need to be assessed slightly different as football isn't like any other business.

Ah okay, I've not listened to that interview.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 84
January 2, 2024, 11:08am
Guest User

Blah, blah, blah, blah, usual garbage from this poster.

Reply: 34 - 84
January 2, 2024, 11:11am
Guest User
Quoted from diehardmariner
intercourse me!!

Are we really going to do this at every single bump in the road?  

Yes, the performance yesterday (35 minutes onwards) was absolute dog-excrement.  Yes, Artell is going to really have his work cut out to bring in players who fit his approach because there's far too many of the current crop who can't cut it consistently.  Yes, it's another season that will feel like a rebuild etc. which is demoralising as intercourse.

But none of that has anything to do with the clubs aspirations of getting B-Corp status, just like how the striving for such has no negative impact on the stuff that has happened on the pitch, is happening on the pitch and will continue to happen on the pitch.  

If you don't see the value in getting B-Corp status, fine.  Personally I think that's a bit narrow minded and the type of mindset that has seen the club stuck in the doldrums (that's being kind!) for the previous 20 years, but it's your opinion and you're absolutely entitled to it.  But if you seriously think there's a linkage between trying to get the accreditation and a 6-1 home defeat in the middle of a clear and obvious transition period then I'm at a loss for words.

Do you really think that Luke Waterfall got rinsed for pace at 1-0 up yesterday because we want B-Corp status?  Do you really think the lack of balance in the squad, both in terms of attributes and mental characteristics is a result of B-Corp aspirations as opposed to a the recruitment done in the summer?

By all means there's fair criticism after yesterday on the players performance, I think it's probably harsh but I can see why people would criticise Artell for his persistence with an approach when we clearly don't have the players to do it all the time and I could even understand people getting frustrated with the ownership this weird recruitment summer we had with a clear conflict between the style of play the club want and the style the manager wanted, resulting in this mismatch.   But the club seeking a certification that will be of absolutely zero harm to anyone is not something to whinge about.

Well said mate.

Reply: 35 - 84
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
January 2, 2024, 11:40am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from 123614

Says probably the worst, most out of touch poster in the history of the fishy

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 84
male private Nale
January 2, 2024, 11:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Ooh it’s normally only 3 blahs, cheers for the extra one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 84
male private Nale
January 2, 2024, 11:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Pffft. You’ve got nothing. You don’t know what it is, how much it costs….nothing. You can’t make even a basic argument.

What are you on about ? B-Corp and the amount of money time and effort this club is wasting on pushing through the vanity project of Jason Deadwood ?

You are correct that I don’t know the finite accounting and hours spent on it, and neither do you. However if they have only spent £1 and 1 hour on it , then it’s £1 and 1 hour too much.

The club is in turmoil.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 84
LH
January 2, 2024, 11:53am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,535
Gold Stars: 173
Can we just clear up whether wanting to build a stadium at Peaks Parkway with an enabling development of a vast amount of new residential property was a vanity project? Or does it only apply to seeking accreditation that means you’re a sustainable business that’s good to work for? Thanks.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 84
January 2, 2024, 11:53am
Guest User

Says probably the worst, most out of touch poster in the history of the fishy

Hahaha, you continue to make a fool of yourself, please carry on, I find it highly amusing.

Reply: 40 - 84
January 2, 2024, 11:56am
Guest User
Quoted from LH
Can we just clear up whether wanting to build a stadium at Peaks Parkway with an enabling development of a vast amount of new residential property was a vanity project. Or does it only apply to seeking accreditation that means you’re a sustainable business that’s good to work for? Thanks.

Mate, too many big words for our local garbage posting idiots.

Reply: 41 - 84
chaos33
January 2, 2024, 11:56am
Barley Wine Drinker

What are you on about ? B-Corp and the amount of money time and effort this club is wasting on pushing through the vanity project of Jason Deadwood ?

You are correct that I don’t know the finite accounting and hours spent on it, and neither do you. However if they have only spent £1 and 1 hour on it , then it’s £1 and 1 hour too much.

The club is in turmoil.

That’s it. Nothing. Just a repeat of your position (whatever it is) because it’s err… ‘lefty’. I mean, what’s that?
Tell us one thing that’s bad about it. Why it’s not positive. Why it’s a waste of money. Come on….read something, construct an actual position to be discussed instead of the usual rambling bitter spite…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 84
January 2, 2024, 11:58am
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33

That’s it. Nothing. Just a repeat of your position (whatever it is) because it’s err… ‘lefty’. I mean, what’s that?
Tell us one thing that’s bad about it. Why it’s not positive. Why it’s a waste of money. Come on….read something, construct an actual position to be discussed instead of the usual rambling bitter spite…

Oh come on mate, that really is too difficult for the little troll to comprehend.

Reply: 43 - 84
dapperz fun pub
January 2, 2024, 1:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 140381

I seem to recall it was unanimous on here that we’d had a very good close season regarding transfers. Conteh in particular was going for £1,000,000’s.

And as we saw yesterday, it is insane to play in this style unless we sign at least 6-7 players who can do it. And I’m not sure we can do that at the arsë end of league two.

We looked ok early season but we look dog excrement now , I only post what I see like most on here.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 84
January 2, 2024, 1:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

We looked ok early season but we look dog excrement now , I only post what I see like most on here.  

So how we played in the first 40 minutes was dog excrement?  I don't think so.  We went 2-1 down due to individual errors then the majority of the players gave up, for whatever reason.  That first 40 minutes showed that we CAN play good football, we just need to continue to play that way for the full 90 minutes.

Reply: 45 - 84
forza ivano
January 2, 2024, 1:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Gold Stars: 265
I think Jason said yesterday that the delay in being accredited was down to BCorp being slow in processing applications, which he's had a moan about to them. That means the application was obviously done and dusted months ago.

The business case is made in their intro

Achieving B Corp™ status also has firm business benefits. Research from ONS shows that certified businesses grow 28 times faster than the national economic growth of 0.5%.

The other benefits is that being the only football club with BCorp status is a U.S.P. (unique selling point) and may well open doors which previously would've been closed to us; that might include investors, sponsors & suppliers who would be more willing to deal with us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 84
TAGG
January 2, 2024, 2:14pm

Vodka Drinker
This B corp jiggery wokery needs binning soon as.
100% effort needs to be put into the playing side of the club.
The fans have done there side turning up in numbers week in week out
All this nonsense is taking away resources from the playing side.
Get it right on the pitch first than sick this other crap in later if you want.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 84
forza ivano
January 2, 2024, 2:19pm

Exile
Quoted from TAGG
This B corp jiggery wokery needs binning soon as.
100% effort needs to be put into the playing side of the club.
The fans have done there side turning up in numbers week in week out
All this nonsense is taking away resources from the playing side.
Get it right on the pitch first than sick this other crap in later if you want.

what bit of 'the application has gone in and is awaiting a decision' do you not understand?

The work has been done, and was completed months ago. There is absolutely zero evidence it has taken away resources from the playing side. The application costs £250, ffs

Why don't you try and do just a basic bit of research before spouting off?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 84
Maringer
January 2, 2024, 2:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,560
Gold Stars: 185
Yes, it's clearly a disgrace that Stockwood has had the players filling in all the paperwork for the B Corp application rather than working hard in training. A massive distraction for them...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 84
TAGG
January 2, 2024, 2:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

what bit of 'the application has gone in and is awaiting a decision' do you not understand?

The work has been done, and was completed months ago. There is absolutely zero evidence it has taken away resources from the playing side. The application costs £250, ffs

Why don't you try and do just a basic bit of research before spouting off?

Where did I mention money ye blert?
The effort they put into all this woke nonsense could have been better spent with the on field matters.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 84
lew chaterleys lover
January 2, 2024, 2:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
I think Jason said yesterday that the delay in being accredited was down to BCorp being slow in processing applications, which he's had a moan about to them. That means the application was obviously done and dusted months ago.

The business case is made in their intro

Achieving B Corp™ status also has firm business benefits. Research from ONS shows that certified businesses grow 28 times faster than the national economic growth of 0.5%.

The other benefits is that being the only football club with BCorp status is a U.S.P. (unique selling point) and may well open doors which previously would've been closed to us; that might include investors, sponsors & suppliers who would be more willing to deal with us

He obviously believes in it which is fair enough, but it is such a niche thing with a tiny amount of firms accredited throughout the world, and a vanishingly small number in the UK. Hands up those of us had ever heard of it?

I would have thought serious business people would be happy to be involved with a Stockwood business given his reputation with or without it, and like everything else there are ongoing financial commitments with it.

It might be a trailblazing initiative with us being the first and only football club with it, but whether it will have any real world benefits I'm not sure. Are any of his other companies accredited does anybody know?
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 84
diehardmariner
January 2, 2024, 2:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

The effort they put into all this woke nonsense could have been better spent with the on field matters.

I'm gonna go out on a whim here but I don't think the lad/lass who led on the certification (happy to be corrected but I think it is/was Adam Smith leading on it) is probably best placed to get on the training pitch and tell Luke Waterfall how to barge his man off the pitch rather than let him zoom round him and/or show Anthony Glennon how to not lose possession 35 yards out from your own goal in a central position.

I don't understand why there's this belief that the things we do off the pitch like B-Corp, working on the culture, improving the set-up, the fan experience can only be done in isolation and at a different time from stuff on the pitch.   They're literally two completely different entities.  Dave Artell, Paul Hurst, Ben Davies, Dave Moore, Harry Clifton....none of them will probably have any real awareness of what's going on with the B-Corp certification.  Even if they are, it's out of our hands now altogether.  Other than Smith/Stockwood/Debbie Cook looking at their e-mails every day to see if there's any update, we're not really putting anything (and nor can we) extra into it at the minute anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 84
chaos33
January 2, 2024, 2:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

FFS. What is woke and how does it apply to B Corp?
Let’s hear it. Let’s hear one of you actually talk some  sense instead of spouting off some dog whistle, daily express, GB news bilge. What the f*** does what you’ve been told to be angry about have to do with a business model and culture blueprint?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 84
forza ivano
January 2, 2024, 3:04pm

Exile
Quoted from TAGG

you are really are as thick as pigsh!t aren't you?
You mentioned 'resources' ,money is a resource

btw - who's 'they' who s putting all the effort in? Harry, Luke, Artell, pearson, Hutchinson, Davies, Neil Woods?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 84
GibMariner
January 2, 2024, 5:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Massive distraction, a whole bunch of systems and controls to install then to be monitored and reported on. Total Bollllooox. Wrong type of business to apply this to!!!

Although i heard JS say he was a trusty of B Corp in the Walsall Prematch interview. Really, is that right???

If so then why is it taking so long?
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 84
LocalLadGTFC
January 2, 2024, 5:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,229
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from forza ivano

you are really are as thick as pigsh!t aren't you?
You mentioned 'resources' ,money is a resource

btw - who's 'they' who s putting all the effort in? Harry, Luke, Artell, pearson, Hutchinson, Davies, Neil Woods?

Come on mate, it's obvious he means it's a pisstake that Stockwood ain't out on the training ground working with Mullarkey on how to put a cross in that beats the first man !!!
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 56 - 84
barralad
January 2, 2024, 5:17pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Quoted from GibMariner
Massive distraction, a whole bunch of systems and controls to install then to be monitored and reported on. Total Bollllooox. Wrong type of business to apply this to!!!

Although i heard JS say he was a trusty of B Corp in the Walsall Prematch interview. Really, is that right???

Just to be clear- are you claiming that the playing side of GTFC is being distracted (massively) by the B Corp process?
If so just wow!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 84
HerveJosse
January 2, 2024, 5:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from GibMariner

Yes he was a trustee of B Lab U.K. the quango/ charity that runs B Corp certification . Resigned in Nov 2021 . Perhaps he should of stayed on until we got our certificate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 84
GibMariner
January 2, 2024, 5:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from barralad

Just to be clear- are you claiming that the playing side of GTFC is being distracted (massively) by the B Corp process?
If so just wow!

No yet, but it will be when implimented and the confomances of systems insalled need to be maintined to keep the acreditation. Any positives from such a labouros system can be implimented aside of B Corp.

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 84
chaos33
January 2, 2024, 5:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GibMariner

No yet, but it will be when implimented and the confomances of systems insalled need to be maintined to keep the acreditation. Any positives from such a labouros system can be implimented aside of B Corp.

You know nothing about it!
‘Conformances’ is a good one.
You just want a stick and someone to hit with it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 84
lew chaterleys lover
January 2, 2024, 5:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

Yes he was a trustee of B Lab U.K. the quango/ charity that runs B Corp certification . Resigned in Nov 2021 . Perhaps he should of stayed on until we got our certificate

Ah, I wondered why he is so wedded to it when no one else in football, and elsewhere really , is remotely bothered.

There is always a reason lurking somewhere when something so left field occurs.

He has such a good reputation in business I don't think he needs it but if he is/has been involved personally that explains it.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 84
golfer
January 2, 2024, 5:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,445
Gold Stars: 116
B Corp is  supposed to improve employee retention . I hope it doesn't apply to player retention.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 84
chaos33
January 2, 2024, 5:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
In terms of the on-pitch challenges facing us, B-corp is a complete red herring. It’s not of priority status. It’s nothing to do with what we’re all mostly concerned about and occupied with. Nobody is talking about it presently - least of all Stockwood, or Artell or Harry f*cking Clifton or John Tondeur.
It’s just the usual bunch of wangs blathering on about something they know nothing about, but have decided is ‘woke’ or ‘lefty’ as a cause of the substandard performances of our playing squad because that’s the only level on which they can operate. Dog whistled to death by their favourite media outlets they do the ‘don’t think, just feel’ act to a tee. There isn’t even a sensible and timely conversation to be had about B Corp at this point because it’s not relevant. It’s not salient. It’s sideshow for clots.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 84
Swansea_Mariner
January 2, 2024, 6:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,455
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from golfer
B Corp is  supposed to improve employee retention . I hope it doesn't apply to player retention.

Lol just spat my tea out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 84
dapperz fun pub
January 2, 2024, 6:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 123614

So how we played in the first 40 minutes was dog excrement?  I don't think so.  We went 2-1 down due to individual errors then the majority of the players gave up, for whatever reason.  That first 40 minutes showed that we CAN play good football, we just need to continue to play that way for the full 90 minutes.

The games 90 mins not 40 as you point out , we can’t maintain the required standard for the entire game spells of being ok ish aren’t good enough. Individual errors are normally down to poor positioning , not reading the game well enough , lack of pace , lack of strength etc a lot of our players can’t pass a ball to a team mate at pro level that is amazing.  Another season and we’re hoping to finish 3 rd from bottom , if we want to compete at the top end most of these players must be replaced and that includes fan favourites
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 84
chaos33
January 2, 2024, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I don’t think anyone will disagree with that mate. It’s a fact.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 84
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2024, 6:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,263
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from golfer

Given the revolving office door we won’t be getting it anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 84
pen penfras
January 2, 2024, 6:41pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
B Corp isn't necessary, doesn't make sense for a football club and you can do all the things it stands for without signing up to some accreditation system that takes a lot of time and a bit of money to implement.

It is a distraction, not to the footballing side but to the fans. It gets people thinking that these values matter whilst we offer minimum wage for jobs that pay 50k elsewhere. It's total nonsense, but at the end of the day it's not the reason we're this excrement.

Much bigger questions are why is a new training ground taking so long? What happened to the new stadium this consortium publicised before purchasing the club? And why do we claim to be spending more than ever whilst looking as bad as ever? Even the pub team Holloway built wasn't this bad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 84
moosey_club
January 2, 2024, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from diehardmariner

I don't understand why there's this belief that the things we do off the pitch like B-Corp, working on the culture, improving the set-up, the fan experience can only be done in isolation and at a different time from stuff on the pitch.   They're literally two completely different entities.  Dave Artell, Paul Hurst, Ben Davies, Dave Moore, Harry Clifton....none of them will probably have any real awareness of what's going on with the B-Corp certification.  Even if they are, it's out of our hands now altogether.  Other than Smith/Stockwood/Debbie Cook looking at their e-mails every day to see if there's any update, we're not really putting anything (and nor can we) extra into it at the minute anyway.

Because to some .....
in 1978/79 we had players who spent a third of their day in the Ritz Cafe and another third in the pub or bookies.....they didn't need b Corp to win titles and promotion....

And to those people...... nothing in the world of football, or even the world,  has changed since then so that formula should still
work .

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 84
Maringer
January 2, 2024, 6:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I like the way that a lot of the posters are saying that they don't understand what B Corp is all about without admitting they don't understand what B Corp is all about.

Trying to improve the way in which a company deals with its employees, customers, the wider community and the environment sounds like a good idea to me. But hey, what do I know?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 84
January 2, 2024, 7:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from GibMariner

Is this the first AI fishy poster? Wonder what it’ll post once it’s got to grips with the language?
Reply: 71 - 84
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2024, 7:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
I like the way that a lot of the posters are saying that they don't understand what B Corp is all about without admitting they don't understand what B Corp is all about.

Trying to improve the way in which a company deals with its employees, customers, the wider community and the environment sounds like a good idea to me. But hey, what do I know?

That’s fair enough and an admirable ambition but the question is whether it’s important in the sphere of team sport.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 84
January 2, 2024, 7:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from pen penfras
B Corp isn't necessary, doesn't make sense for a football club and you can do all the things it stands for without signing up to some accreditation system that takes a lot of time and a bit of money to implement.

It is a distraction, not to the footballing side but to the fans. It gets people thinking that these values matter whilst we offer minimum wage for jobs that pay 50k elsewhere. It's total nonsense, but at the end of the day it's not the reason we're this excrement.

Much bigger questions are why is a new training ground taking so long? What happened to the new stadium this consortium publicised before purchasing the club? And why do we claim to be spending more than ever whilst looking as bad as ever? Even the pub team Holloway built wasn't this bad.

If you listened to the Fans Forum in November, you would have heard the owners state that the hold up was legal problems with third parties, and nothing that GTFC can do anything about.

Reply: 73 - 84
rancido
January 2, 2024, 8:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 123614

If you listened to the Fans Forum in November, you would have heard the owners state that the hold up was legal problems with third parties, and nothing that GTFC can do anything about.

I am going through personal experiences where legal problems can hold up a property transfer. My partner passed away in July and her solicitors are still waiting for probate to be granted so her estate ( sale of property) can proceed.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 84
Maringer
January 2, 2024, 8:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That’s fair enough and an admirable ambition but the question is whether it’s important in the sphere of team sport.

Surely, aiming to treat staff and customers well is an admirable ambition for every single company, regardless of what they do? It doesn't matter if we benefit from it particularly ourselves - everybody we come into contact with should benefit, which has to be a good thing.

We've all got experience of dealing with businesses which behave appallingly and treat staff and customers like crap. Less of that would be a good thing, I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 84
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2024, 8:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Surely, aiming to treat staff and customers well is an admirable ambition for every single company, regardless of what they do? It doesn't matter if we benefit from it particularly ourselves - everybody we come into contact with should benefit, which has to be a good thing.

We've all got experience of dealing with businesses which behave appallingly and treat staff and customers like crap. Less of that would be a good thing, I think.

Having spent various parts of my working life on the dreaded BS5750, ISO9002 and a bit of SAP, I can categorically state that the companies who strived for certification were no better (and possibly worse) than those who didn’t.

Running a company from a textbook isn’t always conducive to great customer experience.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 84
Maringer
January 2, 2024, 8:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Hmmm. Well, I'm not convinced that the B Corp stuff is quite as stringent as the other standards you mention. That said, I only work in a small business, so have never had to deal with the standards or SAP (apart from when the Royal Mail website falls down when you're about to file your daily manifest!).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 84
Northbank Mariner
January 2, 2024, 9:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,492
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from rancido

I am going through personal experiences where legal problems can hold up a property transfer. My partner passed away in July and her solicitors are still waiting for probate to be granted so her estate ( sale of property) can proceed.

Sod all the arguing and sniping, back biting fishies...really sorry to hear about your loss pal, puts this and other threads into perspective.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 84
moosey_club
January 2, 2024, 9:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Having spent various parts of my working life on the dreaded BS5750, ISO9002 and a bit of SAP, I can categorically state that the companies who strived for certification were no better (and possibly worse) than those who didn’t.

Running a company from a textbook isn’t always conducive to great customer experience.

Depends on the company and the motivation for gaining those accreditations. Having worked for various companies who have held or wanted to attain   many varying accreditations, especially safety related,  purely because a big client demanded they hold them to do business then it's a purely a piece of paper that only means a pay cheque, they aren't interested in the ethos of it, just that it gives them the opportunity to do business, behind the scenes will remain disorganised and probably not a nice place to work.
Our management team want to change the whole ethos of the club, how employees are viewed and valued, putting all that in place should help make it a nicer place to work, attract and retain staff and therefore become more stable.  In theory anyway.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 84
wuffing
January 2, 2024, 10:05pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Maringer

B Corp Status. Research the company/set up and see who is funding/behind it and that will tell you all you need to know.  

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 84
golfer
January 2, 2024, 10:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,445
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Maringer

If I was your boss I would sack you in the morning with no holiday pay or notice and tell you to mind your own business - trouble causer  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 84
HertsGTFC
January 2, 2024, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
This thread, JS says he doesn’t want to talk to people on The Fishy, (some) people on The Fishy who quite possibly haven’t been anywhere near BP this season then have a pop at 1878 for something that is values led & not impacting the poor performances on the pitch.

Then they start having a pop at each other 🙄

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 84
DB
January 2, 2024, 11:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from rancido

Please accept my condolences. I hope you are ok and things move a bit faster for you.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 84
rancido
January 3, 2024, 7:59am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from DB

Please accept my condolences. I hope you are ok and things move a bit faster for you.

Thank you. I will add that the reason behind my post wasn't about my personal life but to point out how legal obstructions can hold up a property transfer ie town's acquisition of a new training facility. It's easy to criticise how slow the new training ground is proceeding but until you know all the background stuff then you don't know all the circumstances.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 84
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › B corp status

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.