Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

B corp status

This thread currently has 4,986 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
January 2, 2024, 11:53am
Guest User

Says probably the worst, most out of touch poster in the history of the fishy

Hahaha, you continue to make a fool of yourself, please carry on, I find it highly amusing.

Reply: 40 - 84
January 2, 2024, 11:56am
Guest User
Quoted from LH
Can we just clear up whether wanting to build a stadium at Peaks Parkway with an enabling development of a vast amount of new residential property was a vanity project. Or does it only apply to seeking accreditation that means you’re a sustainable business that’s good to work for? Thanks.

Mate, too many big words for our local garbage posting idiots.

Reply: 41 - 84
chaos33
January 2, 2024, 11:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from male private Nale

What are you on about ? B-Corp and the amount of money time and effort this club is wasting on pushing through the vanity project of Jason Deadwood ?

You are correct that I don’t know the finite accounting and hours spent on it, and neither do you. However if they have only spent £1 and 1 hour on it , then it’s £1 and 1 hour too much.

The club is in turmoil.

That’s it. Nothing. Just a repeat of your position (whatever it is) because it’s err… ‘lefty’. I mean, what’s that?
Tell us one thing that’s bad about it. Why it’s not positive. Why it’s a waste of money. Come on….read something, construct an actual position to be discussed instead of the usual rambling bitter spite…

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 84
January 2, 2024, 11:58am
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33

That’s it. Nothing. Just a repeat of your position (whatever it is) because it’s err… ‘lefty’. I mean, what’s that?
Tell us one thing that’s bad about it. Why it’s not positive. Why it’s a waste of money. Come on….read something, construct an actual position to be discussed instead of the usual rambling bitter spite…

Oh come on mate, that really is too difficult for the little troll to comprehend.

Reply: 43 - 84
dapperz fun pub
January 2, 2024, 1:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,935
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 140381

I seem to recall it was unanimous on here that we’d had a very good close season regarding transfers. Conteh in particular was going for £1,000,000’s.

And as we saw yesterday, it is insane to play in this style unless we sign at least 6-7 players who can do it. And I’m not sure we can do that at the arsë end of league two.

We looked ok early season but we look dog excrement now , I only post what I see like most on here.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 84
January 2, 2024, 1:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

We looked ok early season but we look dog excrement now , I only post what I see like most on here.  

So how we played in the first 40 minutes was dog excrement?  I don't think so.  We went 2-1 down due to individual errors then the majority of the players gave up, for whatever reason.  That first 40 minutes showed that we CAN play good football, we just need to continue to play that way for the full 90 minutes.

Reply: 45 - 84
forza ivano
January 2, 2024, 1:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,178
Gold Stars: 265
I think Jason said yesterday that the delay in being accredited was down to BCorp being slow in processing applications, which he's had a moan about to them. That means the application was obviously done and dusted months ago.

The business case is made in their intro

Achieving B Corp™ status also has firm business benefits. Research from ONS shows that certified businesses grow 28 times faster than the national economic growth of 0.5%.

The other benefits is that being the only football club with BCorp status is a U.S.P. (unique selling point) and may well open doors which previously would've been closed to us; that might include investors, sponsors & suppliers who would be more willing to deal with us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 84
TAGG
January 2, 2024, 2:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,954
Gold Stars: 126
This B corp jiggery wokery needs binning soon as.
100% effort needs to be put into the playing side of the club.
The fans have done there side turning up in numbers week in week out
All this nonsense is taking away resources from the playing side.
Get it right on the pitch first than sick this other crap in later if you want.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 84
forza ivano
January 2, 2024, 2:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,178
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from TAGG
This B corp jiggery wokery needs binning soon as.
100% effort needs to be put into the playing side of the club.
The fans have done there side turning up in numbers week in week out
All this nonsense is taking away resources from the playing side.
Get it right on the pitch first than sick this other crap in later if you want.

what bit of 'the application has gone in and is awaiting a decision' do you not understand?

The work has been done, and was completed months ago. There is absolutely zero evidence it has taken away resources from the playing side. The application costs £250, ffs

Why don't you try and do just a basic bit of research before spouting off?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 84
Maringer
January 2, 2024, 2:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
Yes, it's clearly a disgrace that Stockwood has had the players filling in all the paperwork for the B Corp application rather than working hard in training. A massive distraction for them...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › B corp status

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.