Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › B corp status
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

B corp status

This thread currently has 4,985 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
January 2, 2024, 8:41am
Guest User
Ah, we’ve hounded Hurst out, hounded Debbie Cook out and now it’s Stockwood. I see.
Reply: 10 - 84
mariner91
January 2, 2024, 8:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,651
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from 140381
Ah, we’ve hounded Hurst out, hounded Debbie Cook out and now it’s Stockwood. I see.

I think Hurst hounded himself out by winning only three games in three months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 84
January 2, 2024, 8:54am
Guest User
Looking at the run of games and in light of yesterday’s performance, I think that record is going to be smashed. And in some style. And I see it’s going to be Stockwood everyone goes after, rather than Artell. Nothing ever changes on here.
Reply: 12 - 84
HerveJosse
January 2, 2024, 9:08am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from 140381

And Debbie thought the job was so wonderful and loved everybody so much that she decided to leave after 2 and a half years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 84
dapperz fun pub
January 2, 2024, 9:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,935
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 140381
Looking at the run of games and in light of yesterday’s performance, I think that record is going to be smashed. And in some style. And I see it’s going to be Stockwood everyone goes after, rather than Artell. Nothing ever changes on here.

Artel has inherited a group of players who look below the required standard for league football  how’s it is fault  ? Long ball short ball tippy tappy ball I’m not sure how we should play cos they struggle with basic passing and basic positional sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 84
dapperz fun pub
January 2, 2024, 9:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,935
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from HerveJosse

And Debbie thought the job was so wonderful and loved everybody so much that she decided to leave after 2 and a half years

Exactly this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 84
January 2, 2024, 9:19am
Guest User
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Artel has inherited a group of players who look below the required standard for league football  how’s it is fault  ? Long ball short ball tippy tappy ball I’m not sure how we should play cos they struggle with basic passing and basic positional sense.

I seem to recall it was unanimous on here that we’d had a very good close season regarding transfers. Conteh in particular was going for £1,000,000’s.

And as we saw yesterday, it is insane to play in this style unless we sign at least 6-7 players who can do it. And I’m not sure we can do that at the arsë end of league two.
Reply: 16 - 84
diehardmariner
January 2, 2024, 9:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
intercourse me!!

Are we really going to do this at every single bump in the road?  

Yes, the performance yesterday (35 minutes onwards) was absolute dog-excrement.  Yes, Artell is going to really have his work cut out to bring in players who fit his approach because there's far too many of the current crop who can't cut it consistently.  Yes, it's another season that will feel like a rebuild etc. which is demoralising as intercourse.

But none of that has anything to do with the clubs aspirations of getting B-Corp status, just like how the striving for such has no negative impact on the stuff that has happened on the pitch, is happening on the pitch and will continue to happen on the pitch.  

If you don't see the value in getting B-Corp status, fine.  Personally I think that's a bit narrow minded and the type of mindset that has seen the club stuck in the doldrums (that's being kind!) for the previous 20 years, but it's your opinion and you're absolutely entitled to it.  But if you seriously think there's a linkage between trying to get the accreditation and a 6-1 home defeat in the middle of a clear and obvious transition period then I'm at a loss for words.

Do you really think that Luke Waterfall got rinsed for pace at 1-0 up yesterday because we want B-Corp status?  Do you really think the lack of balance in the squad, both in terms of attributes and mental characteristics is a result of B-Corp aspirations as opposed to a the recruitment done in the summer?

By all means there's fair criticism after yesterday on the players performance, I think it's probably harsh but I can see why people would criticise Artell for his persistence with an approach when we clearly don't have the players to do it all the time and I could even understand people getting frustrated with the ownership this weird recruitment summer we had with a clear conflict between the style of play the club want and the style the manager wanted, resulting in this mismatch.   But the club seeking a certification that will be of absolutely zero harm to anyone is not something to whinge about.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 84
diehardmariner
January 2, 2024, 9:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from HerveJosse

Have you stayed in the same job your whole life?  
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 84
LH
January 2, 2024, 9:39am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
You don’t even need to know the results to see how we’ve done in a game you just need to come on here and read the thread titles:

Lose: B-Corp
Draw: Boats on the Humber today
Win: Play off away leg ticket allocations.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › B corp status

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.