TAGG
January 2, 2024, 2:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,949
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from forza ivano

what bit of 'the application has gone in and is awaiting a decision' do you not understand?

The work has been done, and was completed months ago. There is absolutely zero evidence it has taken away resources from the playing side. The application costs £250, ffs

Why don't you try and do just a basic bit of research before spouting off?

Where did I mention money ye blert?
The effort they put into all this woke nonsense could have been better spent with the on field matters.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 84
lew chaterleys lover
January 2, 2024, 2:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from forza ivano
I think Jason said yesterday that the delay in being accredited was down to BCorp being slow in processing applications, which he's had a moan about to them. That means the application was obviously done and dusted months ago.

The business case is made in their intro

Achieving B Corp™ status also has firm business benefits. Research from ONS shows that certified businesses grow 28 times faster than the national economic growth of 0.5%.

The other benefits is that being the only football club with BCorp status is a U.S.P. (unique selling point) and may well open doors which previously would've been closed to us; that might include investors, sponsors & suppliers who would be more willing to deal with us

He obviously believes in it which is fair enough, but it is such a niche thing with a tiny amount of firms accredited throughout the world, and a vanishingly small number in the UK. Hands up those of us had ever heard of it?

I would have thought serious business people would be happy to be involved with a Stockwood business given his reputation with or without it, and like everything else there are ongoing financial commitments with it.

It might be a trailblazing initiative with us being the first and only football club with it, but whether it will have any real world benefits I'm not sure. Are any of his other companies accredited does anybody know?
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 84
diehardmariner
January 2, 2024, 2:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from TAGG

The effort they put into all this woke nonsense could have been better spent with the on field matters.

I'm gonna go out on a whim here but I don't think the lad/lass who led on the certification (happy to be corrected but I think it is/was Adam Smith leading on it) is probably best placed to get on the training pitch and tell Luke Waterfall how to barge his man off the pitch rather than let him zoom round him and/or show Anthony Glennon how to not lose possession 35 yards out from your own goal in a central position.

I don't understand why there's this belief that the things we do off the pitch like B-Corp, working on the culture, improving the set-up, the fan experience can only be done in isolation and at a different time from stuff on the pitch.   They're literally two completely different entities.  Dave Artell, Paul Hurst, Ben Davies, Dave Moore, Harry Clifton....none of them will probably have any real awareness of what's going on with the B-Corp certification.  Even if they are, it's out of our hands now altogether.  Other than Smith/Stockwood/Debbie Cook looking at their e-mails every day to see if there's any update, we're not really putting anything (and nor can we) extra into it at the minute anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 84
chaos33
January 2, 2024, 2:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from TAGG

FFS. What is woke and how does it apply to B Corp?
Let’s hear it. Let’s hear one of you actually talk some  sense instead of spouting off some dog whistle, daily express, GB news bilge. What the f*** does what you’ve been told to be angry about have to do with a business model and culture blueprint?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 84
forza ivano
January 2, 2024, 3:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from TAGG

you are really are as thick as pigsh!t aren't you?
You mentioned 'resources' ,money is a resource

btw - who's 'they' who s putting all the effort in? Harry, Luke, Artell, pearson, Hutchinson, Davies, Neil Woods?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 84
GibMariner
January 2, 2024, 5:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Massive distraction, a whole bunch of systems and controls to install then to be monitored and reported on. Total Bollllooox. Wrong type of business to apply this to!!!

Although i heard JS say he was a trusty of B Corp in the Walsall Prematch interview. Really, is that right???

If so then why is it taking so long?
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 84
LocalLadGTFC
January 2, 2024, 5:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,229
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from forza ivano

you are really are as thick as pigsh!t aren't you?
You mentioned 'resources' ,money is a resource

btw - who's 'they' who s putting all the effort in? Harry, Luke, Artell, pearson, Hutchinson, Davies, Neil Woods?

Come on mate, it's obvious he means it's a pisstake that Stockwood ain't out on the training ground working with Mullarkey on how to put a cross in that beats the first man !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 56 - 84
barralad
January 2, 2024, 5:17pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from GibMariner
Massive distraction, a whole bunch of systems and controls to install then to be monitored and reported on. Total Bollllooox. Wrong type of business to apply this to!!!

Although i heard JS say he was a trusty of B Corp in the Walsall Prematch interview. Really, is that right???

Just to be clear- are you claiming that the playing side of GTFC is being distracted (massively) by the B Corp process?
If so just wow!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 84
HerveJosse
January 2, 2024, 5:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from GibMariner

Yes he was a trustee of B Lab U.K. the quango/ charity that runs B Corp certification . Resigned in Nov 2021 . Perhaps he should of stayed on until we got our certificate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 84
GibMariner
January 2, 2024, 5:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from barralad

Just to be clear- are you claiming that the playing side of GTFC is being distracted (massively) by the B Corp process?
If so just wow!

No yet, but it will be when implimented and the confomances of systems insalled need to be maintined to keep the acreditation. Any positives from such a labouros system can be implimented aside of B Corp.

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › B corp status

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.