9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
January 2, 2024, 6:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
I like the way that a lot of the posters are saying that they don't understand what B Corp is all about without admitting they don't understand what B Corp is all about.

Trying to improve the way in which a company deals with its employees, customers, the wider community and the environment sounds like a good idea to me. But hey, what do I know?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 84
January 2, 2024, 7:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from GibMariner

No yet, but it will be when implimented and the confomances of systems insalled need to be maintined to keep the acreditation. Any positives from such a labouros system can be implimented aside of B Corp.

Is this the first AI fishy poster? Wonder what it’ll post once it’s got to grips with the language?
Reply: 71 - 84
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2024, 7:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,250
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Maringer
I like the way that a lot of the posters are saying that they don't understand what B Corp is all about without admitting they don't understand what B Corp is all about.

Trying to improve the way in which a company deals with its employees, customers, the wider community and the environment sounds like a good idea to me. But hey, what do I know?

That’s fair enough and an admirable ambition but the question is whether it’s important in the sphere of team sport.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 84
January 2, 2024, 7:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from pen penfras
B Corp isn't necessary, doesn't make sense for a football club and you can do all the things it stands for without signing up to some accreditation system that takes a lot of time and a bit of money to implement.

It is a distraction, not to the footballing side but to the fans. It gets people thinking that these values matter whilst we offer minimum wage for jobs that pay 50k elsewhere. It's total nonsense, but at the end of the day it's not the reason we're this excrement.

Much bigger questions are why is a new training ground taking so long? What happened to the new stadium this consortium publicised before purchasing the club? And why do we claim to be spending more than ever whilst looking as bad as ever? Even the pub team Holloway built wasn't this bad.

If you listened to the Fans Forum in November, you would have heard the owners state that the hold up was legal problems with third parties, and nothing that GTFC can do anything about.

Reply: 73 - 84
rancido
January 2, 2024, 8:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,569
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 123614

If you listened to the Fans Forum in November, you would have heard the owners state that the hold up was legal problems with third parties, and nothing that GTFC can do anything about.

I am going through personal experiences where legal problems can hold up a property transfer. My partner passed away in July and her solicitors are still waiting for probate to be granted so her estate ( sale of property) can proceed.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 84
Maringer
January 2, 2024, 8:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That’s fair enough and an admirable ambition but the question is whether it’s important in the sphere of team sport.

Surely, aiming to treat staff and customers well is an admirable ambition for every single company, regardless of what they do? It doesn't matter if we benefit from it particularly ourselves - everybody we come into contact with should benefit, which has to be a good thing.

We've all got experience of dealing with businesses which behave appallingly and treat staff and customers like crap. Less of that would be a good thing, I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 84
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2024, 8:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,250
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Maringer

Surely, aiming to treat staff and customers well is an admirable ambition for every single company, regardless of what they do? It doesn't matter if we benefit from it particularly ourselves - everybody we come into contact with should benefit, which has to be a good thing.

We've all got experience of dealing with businesses which behave appallingly and treat staff and customers like crap. Less of that would be a good thing, I think.

Having spent various parts of my working life on the dreaded BS5750, ISO9002 and a bit of SAP, I can categorically state that the companies who strived for certification were no better (and possibly worse) than those who didn’t.

Running a company from a textbook isn’t always conducive to great customer experience.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 84
Maringer
January 2, 2024, 8:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Hmmm. Well, I'm not convinced that the B Corp stuff is quite as stringent as the other standards you mention. That said, I only work in a small business, so have never had to deal with the standards or SAP (apart from when the Royal Mail website falls down when you're about to file your daily manifest!).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 84
Northbank Mariner
January 2, 2024, 9:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,447
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from rancido

I am going through personal experiences where legal problems can hold up a property transfer. My partner passed away in July and her solicitors are still waiting for probate to be granted so her estate ( sale of property) can proceed.

Sod all the arguing and sniping, back biting fishies...really sorry to hear about your loss pal, puts this and other threads into perspective.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 84
moosey_club
January 2, 2024, 9:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Having spent various parts of my working life on the dreaded BS5750, ISO9002 and a bit of SAP, I can categorically state that the companies who strived for certification were no better (and possibly worse) than those who didn’t.

Running a company from a textbook isn’t always conducive to great customer experience.

Depends on the company and the motivation for gaining those accreditations. Having worked for various companies who have held or wanted to attain   many varying accreditations, especially safety related,  purely because a big client demanded they hold them to do business then it's a purely a piece of paper that only means a pay cheque, they aren't interested in the ethos of it, just that it gives them the opportunity to do business, behind the scenes will remain disorganised and probably not a nice place to work.
Our management team want to change the whole ethos of the club, how employees are viewed and valued, putting all that in place should help make it a nicer place to work, attract and retain staff and therefore become more stable.  In theory anyway.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › B corp status

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.