9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 2, 2024, 10:29am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
This thread is proving the point of what JS said yesterday about the forum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 84
chaos33
January 2, 2024, 10:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from male private Nale

I just have told you , this left wing drivel is all about the egos of those that run the club.

But ‘for the many’ is the mantra yeah ?

Pffft. You’ve got nothing. You don’t know what it is, how much it costs….nothing. You can’t make even a basic argument.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 84
HertsGTFC
January 2, 2024, 10:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
This thread is proving the point of what JS said yesterday about the forum.

You beat me to it!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 84
Son of Cod
January 2, 2024, 11:03am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Stockwood alluded to this yesterday, saying that we need to be assessed slightly different as football isn't like any other business.

Ah okay, I've not listened to that interview.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 84
January 2, 2024, 11:08am
Guest User
Quoted from male private Nale
B-Corp is this showers only concern, then stockwood can go to his guardian luvvies and say look what I have achieved in that northern excrement hole I got out of at first opportunity.

“The plebs lapped up my ‘for the many’ mantra whilst I stealthily raised prices in a manner any tory would be proud of . “

This club is in turmoil but the happy clappers won’t realise until it’s too late.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, usual garbage from this poster.

Reply: 34 - 84
January 2, 2024, 11:11am
Guest User
Quoted from diehardmariner
intercourse me!!

Are we really going to do this at every single bump in the road?  

Yes, the performance yesterday (35 minutes onwards) was absolute dog-excrement.  Yes, Artell is going to really have his work cut out to bring in players who fit his approach because there's far too many of the current crop who can't cut it consistently.  Yes, it's another season that will feel like a rebuild etc. which is demoralising as intercourse.

But none of that has anything to do with the clubs aspirations of getting B-Corp status, just like how the striving for such has no negative impact on the stuff that has happened on the pitch, is happening on the pitch and will continue to happen on the pitch.  

If you don't see the value in getting B-Corp status, fine.  Personally I think that's a bit narrow minded and the type of mindset that has seen the club stuck in the doldrums (that's being kind!) for the previous 20 years, but it's your opinion and you're absolutely entitled to it.  But if you seriously think there's a linkage between trying to get the accreditation and a 6-1 home defeat in the middle of a clear and obvious transition period then I'm at a loss for words.

Do you really think that Luke Waterfall got rinsed for pace at 1-0 up yesterday because we want B-Corp status?  Do you really think the lack of balance in the squad, both in terms of attributes and mental characteristics is a result of B-Corp aspirations as opposed to a the recruitment done in the summer?

By all means there's fair criticism after yesterday on the players performance, I think it's probably harsh but I can see why people would criticise Artell for his persistence with an approach when we clearly don't have the players to do it all the time and I could even understand people getting frustrated with the ownership this weird recruitment summer we had with a clear conflict between the style of play the club want and the style the manager wanted, resulting in this mismatch.   But the club seeking a certification that will be of absolutely zero harm to anyone is not something to whinge about.

Well said mate.

Reply: 35 - 84
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
January 2, 2024, 11:40am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from 123614

Says probably the worst, most out of touch poster in the history of the fishy

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 84
male private Nale
January 2, 2024, 11:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from 123614

Ooh it’s normally only 3 blahs, cheers for the extra one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 84
male private Nale
January 2, 2024, 11:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from chaos33

Pffft. You’ve got nothing. You don’t know what it is, how much it costs….nothing. You can’t make even a basic argument.

What are you on about ? B-Corp and the amount of money time and effort this club is wasting on pushing through the vanity project of Jason Deadwood ?

You are correct that I don’t know the finite accounting and hours spent on it, and neither do you. However if they have only spent £1 and 1 hour on it , then it’s £1 and 1 hour too much.

The club is in turmoil.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 84
LH
January 2, 2024, 11:53am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,533
Gold Stars: 173
Can we just clear up whether wanting to build a stadium at Peaks Parkway with an enabling development of a vast amount of new residential property was a vanity project? Or does it only apply to seeking accreditation that means you’re a sustainable business that’s good to work for? Thanks.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › B corp status

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.