TheRealJohnLewis
December 19, 2023, 1:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Stew0_0
Does anyone else think Harry's role would be best just set in behind a striker(s). Either in a 4-3-2-1 or a 4-3-1-2. Think Harry has a guy for goal and the energy to link midfield and attack. Think he would be wasted at full back and as said above we more than covered at RB

I agree, that's where he got most of his goals last season when playing more advanced when McAtee was injured.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 55
forza ivano
December 19, 2023, 5:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,205
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from toontown

I suspect that efete is too poor in ball control, passing and calmness under pressure to fit in well with an Artell team that knocks it about directly in front of their own goal personally. On the other hand maybe Artell will get hold of him and improve him in those areas. No doubt he is an incredible athlete and a very good 1 on 1 defender.

Michee was at Norwich for 7 years, whose set up could be compared to a bigger version of Crewe's, and play a similar way. There's no way that Michee could do 7 years there without having good basic football skills. And remember ,if the stories are true, he's received v. little 'coaching' in the last 3 years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 55
Maringer
December 19, 2023, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,553
Gold Stars: 185
One thing I'd say is that there's a difference between having the skills to pay the bills in training and doing the same on the field of play. Once the adrenaline gets pumping and you've got opponents piling in to make tackles, it's hard to keep a lid on things and play calmly. There's a reason why the very best players always look as cool as cucumber, even when surrounded by opponents trying to get the ball off them.

I've seen anything in Efete's time at the club which indicates he's a good ball player who is very capable of keeping possession under pressure, unfortunately. In fact, he is at his best driving forward with the ball rather than playing short-range passes around at the back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 55
lew chaterleys lover
December 19, 2023, 6:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,725
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Maringer
One thing I'd say is that there's a difference between having the skills to pay the bills in training and doing the same on the field of play. Once the adrenaline gets pumping and you've got opponents piling in to make tackles, it's hard to keep a lid on things and play calmly. There's a reason why the very best players always look as cool as cucumber, even when surrounded by opponents trying to get the ball off them.

I've seen anything in Efete's time at the club which indicates he's a good ball player who is very capable of keeping possession under pressure, unfortunately. In fact, he is at his best driving forward with the ball rather than playing short-range passes around at the back.

There is the reason he hasn't improved, right there. Spending too much time in training paying his bills instead of practicing.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 55
SheepGTFC
December 20, 2023, 7:40am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +280
Gold Stars: 6
I really like Clifton, I feel the role for the team he plays both on and off the pitch is very important. The only thing I think he can improve on is goal contributions. This season so far he's got 1 goal and 1 assist from 23 appearances. That's just nitpicking though, it's not his primary role.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 55
BrMarin
December 20, 2023, 3:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +96
Gold Stars: 8
I was quite surprised Harry didn't move to a club higher up in the summer when there were rumours of interest.

Does anyone else think that he agreed to stay in the summer because Hursty promised him a central role?

It seems strange to me that Hursty didn't play him on the left this season when he was so effective there last season, even when he was struggling to get results at the end.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Harry Clifton

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.