Harry Clifton

This thread currently has 5,381 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 18, 2023, 10:02am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m not sure recent pitch conditions have been terribly helpful.

Christ on a bike, he's a professional footballer in the 4th division. If he can only cross the ball in August and April we shouldn't have signed him.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 55
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 18, 2023, 10:03am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
If he’s so poor it’s remarkable that he keeps getting picked by managers who might know a bit more than us on the Fishy.

Are there managers who know more than us?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 55
Theimperialcoroner
December 18, 2023, 10:41am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102

Are there managers who know more than us?

I mean know one know more about anything ever than the Fishy Cognoscenti, but I’ll bow to Artells and Hursts on this one.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 55
Bigdog
December 18, 2023, 12:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from TAGG
Get one of there's 'Harry' thread every season.
Some people can't wait to have a dig.

And the timing of it..

Best he's played for a good while on Saturday. Definitely the most energetic player on the pitch. And if you don't think a footballing side need hardworking runners like Harry to enable a passing game, then I don't think you understand the game of football tbh. Several times he broke into good positions in the box when our "footballers" didn't or couldn't pick him out with a pass..

I'm pretty relaxed with how things are going, probably like most on here, but there's always one or two that seem to want to dig a player out from nowhere. And to pick a position out like right back to improve is just insane at this time..

In January I expect we'll bring a centre half in out of necessity, and maybe bring one or two in that Artell specifically wants if they're available, not because he needs them. We'll probably watch Artell assessing the whole squad until the summer.. Harry will mostly start, and won't play a single game at right back..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 55
diehardmariner
December 18, 2023, 12:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
He's just out of form and with that probably lacking a little bit of belief in himself.  

That's it.  

You don't become a bad player overnight.   Problem for the lad is that he never gets a proper rest.  Even on the back of his recent injury/strain, he came back into the squad and played the final 30 minutes against Sutton.  Then straight into a full game against MK Dons on the following Tuesday.

I know the lad is an athlete and I'm sure he's not the type to go into the manager saying 'I need a rest'.  But he probably needs a proper one.   You can't always play yourself back into form.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 55
davmariner
December 18, 2023, 12:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
I thought he was good on Saturday and looked dangerous. Picked up the ball well on the half turn and drove forward. A couple of things didn’t quite come off but would rather him be playing for us than against us.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 55
diehardmariner
December 18, 2023, 12:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from davmariner
I thought he was good on Saturday and looked dangerous. Picked up the ball well on the half turn and drove forward. A couple of things didn’t quite come off but would rather him be playing for us than against us.

Absolutely.

Follows on from the point that we miss him more when he doesn't play.  
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 55
Bigdog
December 18, 2023, 12:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
He's just out of form and with that probably lacking a little bit of belief in himself.  

That's it.  

You don't become a bad player overnight.   Problem for the lad is that he never gets a proper rest.  Even on the back of his recent injury/strain, he came back into the squad and played the final 30 minutes against Sutton.  Then straight into a full game against MK Dons on the following Tuesday.

I know the lad is an athlete and I'm sure he's not the type to go into the manager saying 'I need a rest'.  But he probably needs a proper one.   You can't always play yourself back into form.

He looked in form on Saturday..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 55
DaleH
December 18, 2023, 12:58pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from Hagrid
We’ve got two right backs who are more than good enough. Efete was playing well till his injury.

Don’t need a midfielder putting there.

Was he ?

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 55
Bigdog
December 18, 2023, 1:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from DaleH

Was he ?

Had several good games at left back, a couple of good ones at right back and a shocker at Slough when he was playing through injury. When he gets his chance under Artell, I expect him to flourish with new instructions.. There's a higher ceiling to work with than Mullarkey due to physical attributes. If Artell can get him confident and playing with shackles truly off then we might have the right back that played so well against Plymouth and Southampton every week. I'm definitely interested to see what Artell can do with Michee. Might turn out to be an absolute monster or he may not.. time will tell..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Harry Clifton

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.