6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
December 17, 2023, 2:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
And yet he is a regular under successive managers and was wanted by other teams before signing his new contract.

Maybe managers see what fans don't, and you need all types of player to make a balanced side.

He was our top scorer last season  and I think the goals will start to come again if he stays as a regular in this team with it's more attacking mindset.

He may well give the ball away  but they all do and he hardly ever does it in really dangerous areas. If his passing was as good as the rest of his game  he wouldn't be here probably.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 55
smokin joe
December 17, 2023, 2:54pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -128
SO WE HAVE GOT TO TWENTY MANAGERS TO flipping MANY
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 55
toontown
December 17, 2023, 4:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
I've thought for a long time right back or right wing back might well be his best position.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 55
acko338
December 17, 2023, 5:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
I think that Harry needs to be allowed to run at the opposition midfielders and defenders to get space for the likes of Hunt to have more time for forward seeking passes.

I like the idea of all of the squad having to raise their game to their full potentials to get into the side under Artell, and using training sessions to improve any required skills that will benefit the team.

Harry is no different to any other player - get in the side and then make it hard for the manager to drop you.

Better players using better skills = better results and happier fans and management.

No names ., but I can think of 5 players who could improve certain skills by only 10 % to make a a far better team effort.

We also need to have players who don't drop out to continual niggles.

Is there any conditioning work needed for these players, whose skill attributes would be useful if more available?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 55
ska face
December 17, 2023, 6:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from acko338
I think that Harry needs to be allowed to run at the opposition midfielders and defenders to get space for the likes of Hunt to have more time for forward seeking passes.

Not sure that’s really his strength. Doesn’t have the pace to roast someone nor the technical ability to beat someone one-on-one with a trick or guile. Once he gets beyond the defender, he’s very one footed and lacks end product. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him get offered 12 months in January but think we need better.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 55
The Caterham Mariner
December 17, 2023, 6:02pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +80
Gold Stars: 8
Help me (not Qualified  or A pundit) .!!!! if i was a "Town " Manager / Head Coach
But you have to love him he does put in a shift on the pitch
GRIMSBY born and bred  -Yes  sells stories etc
In the new thinking  of DA  i say keep him defence / midfield
Supporting  strikers .
YES He's one of our own
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 55
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 17, 2023, 6:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,274
Gold Stars: 306
The fact that anyone wants to even debate this is outrageous.

He's been such a good player for us since getting into the team, he sweats blood for the club and he deserves us being patient if he's searching for form.

Artell should be working with him to get the best out of him for the team.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 55
MuddyWaters
December 17, 2023, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
The fact that anyone wants to even debate this is outrageous.

He's been such a good player for us since getting into the team, he sweats blood for the club and he deserves us being patient if he's searching for form.

Artell should be working with him to get the best out of him for the team.

For several seasons, Harry has been the best of a bad bunch. Recent games have shown that we’ve got more gifted players who might suit how DA wants to play. Our midfield needs a balance between attacking threat and defensive cover, maybe Harry provides both.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 55
headingly_mariner
December 17, 2023, 7:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Comfortably our best player last year. What he lacks technically he makes up for in athleticism and attitude.

He's our only player that is capable of getting up and down into both boxes and is completely different to our other options.

When he leaves he will be missed and he will eventually play higher up, but hopefully that is with us.  

He had a good game yesterday, the best of the 3 starting midfielders and he created the best chance of the day for Holohan.
He's absolutely tireless and if you watch him he's always trying to do the right thing, not the easy thing.  
I genuinely think he'll thrive under Artell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 55
golfer
December 17, 2023, 7:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,432
Gold Stars: 116
Help me (not Qualified  or A pundit) .!!!! if i was a "Town " Manager / Head Coach
But you have to love him he does put in a shift on the pitch
GRIMSBY born and bred  -Yes  sells stories etc
In the new thinking  of DA  i say keep him defence / midfield
Supporting  strikers .
YES He's one of our own
UTM

That doesn't even rhyme.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Harry Clifton

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.