Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back ...on the train  (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back ...on the train  (merged)

This thread currently has 6,228 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
December 16, 2023, 7:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Faulty Train. Currently stuck just past bristol in a stationary train. Yay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 55
HertsGTFC
December 16, 2023, 7:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Interesting to hear Artell’s post match when he talked about asking Shaun & Ben to take 5 mins to think about what changes to make and present him with their options & credit to him listened made the changes.

He’s not only coaching players he’s coaching the coaches, different level this guy for sure.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 55
Bigdog
December 16, 2023, 7:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mappers
Arthur is a very good player was one of the main things I took from this and the MK Dons game , the ball seems to be stuck to his foot when he dribbles / receives it ; I hope he gets a long run in the team as I think once this more creative/technical style settles in he could be a really key player.

Yes he's a good player, but I thought he was a bit indecisive and ponderous with the ball and could have been a bit more direct and decisive than he was. Frustrated me a bit today....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 55
IlkleyMariner
December 16, 2023, 7:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
I’m delighted
Predicted 1-1 and Rose to score in prediction league.

Long way off the leader but still half a season to go….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 55
acko338
December 16, 2023, 7:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,223
Gold Stars: 33
I think that Hunt needed to be subbed earlier, and the reason being that he can make great passes, but can also get caught on the ball by more physical opponents with nudges and pushes that the ref was not seeing.

Holohan came on like a locomotive train, with something to prove and immediately impacted the game.

10 minutes earlier on, who knows?

My other bug bear - shoot on sight, especially if in the centre and around the box area.  

Morris nearly scored with a 25 yard screamer, why don't our players take a chance?

If 1 in 5 score a goal, great, confident players will get the crowd going as well !

The positions are being made - take the shot !!!

Make Mullarkay practice centres, please  getting where needed, end product needs improvement !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 55
Lord Gadiform
December 16, 2023, 7:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +113
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from RonMariner

Yes, we are certainly resilient. It seems the mind set of the players is really improving.

When I saw the score flash with Bogle's goal I was confident that all was not lost. A couple of months ago it was game over when ever we went behind and when we scored first it seemed only a matter of time before we conceded. So things definitely looking up.

You can assess the mindset of the players and the likely outcome of the game based on a score flash? Think that’s an emotional response and fantasy rather than any kind of considered or rational argument.

It's no fish ye're buying: It's men's lives.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 55
DB
December 16, 2023, 8:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
I’m delighted
Predicted 1-1 and Rose to score in prediction league.

Long way off the leader but still half a season to go….

I'll put the full table & results on tomorrow, but not as far off the lead as you think. You are only 22 points behind the leader and scored 11 points today.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 55
Mappers
December 16, 2023, 9:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,331
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from DB

I'll put the full table & results on tomorrow, but not as far off the lead as you think. You are only 22 points behind the leader and scored 11 points today.

Great work mate much appreciated by all I'm sure
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 55
Spurn boy
December 16, 2023, 9:25pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from acko338
I think that Hunt needed to be subbed earlier, and the reason being that he can make great passes, but can also get caught on the ball by more physical opponents with nudges and pushes that the ref was not seeing.

Holohan came on like a locomotive train, with something to prove and immediately impacted the game.

My other bug bear - shoot on sight, especially if in the centre and around the box area.  

Morris nearly scored with a 25 yard screamer, why don't our players take a chance?

If 1 in 5 score a goal, great, confident players will get the crowd going as well !

Make Mullarkay practice centres, please  getting where needed, end product needs improvement !

Morris had 3 efforts from outside the box, one bobbled about 5 yards wide and two flew high over the bar because he was closed down by town defenders and he wasn’t allowed the time and space, we did have chances and Holohan should have done better when he blasted over from 6 yards. Eisa did have a couple of efforts that lacked direction and pace and Newport restricted him to having to pass instead off shooting.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 55
Kris2
December 16, 2023, 9:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from acko338

I think our players did take chances, Newport closed the ball down every time and blocked shots from the edge of the area, they also successfully crowded Eisa out from cutting inside for a shot which they'd clearly done their homework on.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back ...on the train  (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.