9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
October 29, 2023, 4:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,958
Gold Stars: 228
The Head Coach advert could be that 1878 want to try and protect Ben Davis, Steve Croudson, Shaun and the back room staff from getting fired if a new manager wants his “own team” it would also keep the cost of the whole change process down I suspect.

Like Ginny said it’s just words as long as the Head Coach picks the team then I’m not sure there’s too much difference.

Be interesting to see if that bloke who worked for FIFA & in The Middle East is involved in the process or indeed becomes part of the day to day set up.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 83
Wiley2405
October 29, 2023, 4:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
If we were to go down that route I’d like an experienced ex pro in the DOF role with a young up and coming manager as ‘head coach’
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 83
LH
October 29, 2023, 4:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from ginnywings

Careful with the positivity there LH.

OK, it was put a bit bluntly but at a rough guess probably 80-90% of managerial exits are via p45.

If it’s not going the way it was hoped it would with a DOF/HC system who takes the hit? Who is the real boss? Who bears the brunt of the supporters’ gripes? Ultimately both have a share of blame therefore both go.

One thing I would speculate on now is that they probably know who their DOF target is. The question is are they going to employ a duo known to each other or matchmake them?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 83
forza ivano
October 29, 2023, 4:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,211
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from HertsGTFC
The Head Coach advert could be that 1878 want to try and protect Ben Davis, Steve Croudson, Shaun and the back room staff from getting fired if a new manager wants his “own team” it would also keep the cost of the whole change process down I suspect.

Like Ginny said it’s just words as long as the Head Coach picks the team then I’m not sure there’s too much difference.

Be interesting to see if that bloke who worked for FIFA & in The Middle East is involved in the process or indeed becomes part of the day to day set up.

I dont think , from summat jason said yesterday  that its necessarily the end of the departures
I'm not sure that anyone s job in the coaching set up is safe ( crousden excepted)
If we are going down a director football then Gareth Jennings is probably as qualified as anyone in world football to give advice.
On the 'semantics' point I think everybody has said that - was it precise or loose language being used?
the fact that the only gossip/ baseless rumour heard so far is that Ardley has been approached to become DoF makes the choice of language more intriguing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 83
lew chaterleys lover
October 29, 2023, 4:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
It might suggest they have not been happy with the coaching side of the manager's role,  and prefer someone whose sole responsibility is to get the team coached and playing to their potential.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 83
forza ivano
October 29, 2023, 4:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,211
Gold Stars: 265
It might suggest they have not been happy with the coaching side of the manager's role,  and prefer someone whose sole responsibility is to get the team coached and playing to their potential.

Indeed.the director of football would report to Debbie, n would be responsible for the whole footballing side ( including youth n recruitment) and leaving Debbie in charge of all things off the pitch ( as well as being in overall charge of the club). Clear divisions of responsibility, clear lines of reporting. Makes sense from a business point of view  but would no doubt be a risky reorganisation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 83
HertsGTFC
October 29, 2023, 5:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,958
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from forza ivano

I dont think , from summat jason said yesterday  that its necessarily the end of the departures
I'm not sure that anyone s job in the coaching set up is safe ( crousden excepted)
If we are going down a director football then Gareth Jennings is probably as qualified as anyone in world football to give advice.
On the 'semantics' point I think everybody has said that - was it precise or loose language being used?
the fact that the only gossip/ baseless rumour heard so far is that Ardley has been approached to become DoF makes the choice of language more intriguing

I don’t see anything wrong with what you say there Forza, though if this happened 12 months ago I’d have said we go for Ardley in whatever capacity but York aren’t flying are they.

It will be an intriguing week or two I suspect, not sure what will happen but I’m not expecting anyone off the merry go round.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 83
RichMariner
October 29, 2023, 6:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,136
Gold Stars: 209
Isn’t Ardley good mates with Hurst? Bit odd to go, ‘thanks Hursty, now we’re going after your mate in the league below for DOF role. We didn’t think you’d be interested in that kind if thing’.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 17 - 83
Yoda
October 29, 2023, 6:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,140
Gold Stars: 71
Why is Croudson exempt he’s the goal keeping coach and we have the worst goalie in living memory.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 83
grimsby pete
October 29, 2023, 6:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
If. We bring a manager in he will want his assistant in as well we can not sack the other coaches so he can bring 3/  4  or 5 in with him On the other hand if we bring a head coach in that could be it as we already have people in place.

I believe we have got some decent players that Hurst did not bring the best out of them.

Let's hope the new man can and with 2 or 3 additions we could have a good end of the season and be in a good place to challenge at the right end of the table next season.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › A ‘Head Coach’

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.