Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The players.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The players.

This thread currently has 6,338 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
October 26, 2023, 2:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Any player not giving 100% through choice should simply be shown the door.

There wasn't anyone downing tools on Tuesday I didn't think and they are giving their all - it's more their in game intelligence both tactically & individually that seems to be costing us imo ; and obviously confidence is rock bottom .

I genuinely think Kieran Green is our  most important player now - need him fit from the start ; yes I know he's limited but he's the first name on the teamsheet if in a dogfight for me and does some of the basics well (he would not empty out the middle of the park for example ) .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
arryarryarry
October 26, 2023, 2:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Phil the cod
Having read the threads calling for the managers head (I'd get rid too btw) I can't believe the so called players aren't getting more stick for the run of bad results, if they are sulking or not playing for the manager, then why don't they do the fans a favour and tell us so , then we can make the call of wether to bother traveling to games and all the expenses that come with it.
Always amazes me how players escape the shite. It's like they are made of Teflon.

I think the players do come in for some stick individually.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
DB
October 26, 2023, 3:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from Phil the cod
Having read the threads calling for the managers head (I'd get rid too btw) I can't believe the so called players aren't getting more stick for the run of bad results, if they are sulking or not playing for the manager, then why don't they do the fans a favour and tell us so , then we can make the call of wether to bother traveling to games and all the expenses that come with it.
Always amazes me how players escape the shite. It's like they are made of Teflon.

I seem to recall Eastwood, Cartwright, Efete, Glennon, Rodgers, Amos, Mullarkey, Holohan, Hunt and Pyke all coming in for some stick during this season so far. Waterfall also had his critics.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
Mariner_09
October 26, 2023, 3:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from DB

I seem to recall Eastwood, Cartwright, Efete, Glennon, Rodgers, Amos, Mullarkey, Holohan, Hunt and Pyke all coming in for some stick during this season so far. Waterfall also had his critics.

Not to mention Harry Clifton, who's standards have dropped by an alarming amount. Has Gav really got stick? He's been one of our best players.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
GrimPol
October 26, 2023, 3:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -675
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Who signed the players, coaches the players, dictates the tactics, chooses the formation (regularly) and picks the team?

According to In Hurst We Trust, it's some unknown person or Tea Lady.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
MuddyWaters
October 26, 2023, 5:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from golfer
If we could get rid of all the players on the books in one go without having to pay compensation how many would we be prepared to  offer new 2 year contracts to ?    -- Clifton Cohen Hallohan ?  there's not many is there ?

Not that simple is it? Choose a system and there would be several of our squad that it wouldn’t suit. Having said that, there’s several who aren’t good enough for any system.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
grimsby pete
October 26, 2023, 5:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Not that simple is it? Choose a system and there would be several of our squad that it wouldn’t suit. Having said that, there’s several who aren’t good enough for any system.

There is always one player that would say , ' what's a system ' ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
moosey_club
October 26, 2023, 5:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Who signed the players, coaches the players, dictates the tactics, chooses the formation (regularly) and picks the team?

& Makes the subs, screams from the sidelines, ..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
1mickylyons
October 26, 2023, 7:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Mappers

There wasn't anyone downing tools on Tuesday I didn't think and they are giving their all - it's more their in game intelligence both tactically & individually that seems to be costing us imo ; and obviously confidence is rock bottom .

I genuinely think Kieran Green is our  most important player now - need him fit from the start ; yes I know he's limited but he's the first name on the teamsheet if in a dogfight for me and does some of the basics well (he would not empty out the middle of the park for example ) .

Yes totally agree. I wasn't a huge fan of Green due to his lack of technical ability BUT  being as nobody else in midfield is any better technically with the exception of Conteh he's got to play for his attitude and energy. Him Conteh Clifton should stabilise the middle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
chaos33
October 26, 2023, 8:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from MuddyWaters

What do you mean by ‘system’ and why would we only want to play one way, regardless of opponents, situations in games, changes made in-play by opponents? Sure, we have underperforming, out of form disjointed players. Maybe even a few who aren’t good enough, but the premise of your argument is daft.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The players.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.