Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The players.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The players.

This thread currently has 6,332 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Phil the cod
October 26, 2023, 12:06pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Having read the threads calling for the managers head (I'd get rid too btw) I can't believe the so called players aren't getting more stick for the run of bad results, if they are sulking or not playing for the manager, then why don't they do the fans a favour and tell us so , then we can make the call of wether to bother traveling to games and all the expenses that come with it.
Always amazes me how players escape the shite. It's like they are made of Teflon.
Private Message
GYinScuntland
October 26, 2023, 12:19pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Any player not giving 100% through choice should simply be shown the door.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
HerveJosse
October 26, 2023, 12:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
No evidence they are not trying for me. More a case of a combination of not good enough , lack of confidence and and in some cases the manager playing them in the wrong roles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
toontown
October 26, 2023, 12:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
It seems a complete lack of belief has taken hold of them, a lack of belief in themselves but also a lack of belief in the tactics/manager. That's my impression anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 54
ska face
October 26, 2023, 12:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Phil the cod
Having read the threads calling for the managers head (I'd get rid too btw) I can't believe the so called players aren't getting more stick for the run of bad results, if they are sulking or not playing for the manager, then why don't they do the fans a favour and tell us so , then we can make the call of wether to bother traveling to games and all the expenses that come with it.
Always amazes me how players escape the shite. It's like they are made of Teflon.

Not enough space on the internet to batter each player individually to the same extent as the management.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
Tommy
October 26, 2023, 12:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I don't think the issue is the players not being arsed or not trying hard enough though. If that was the case, they'd be taking more flak.

I'd guess the players might be a bit bemused at the way they're being asked to play, having started the season with the intention of dominating possession in games and patiently building attacks. To now being set up in defensive systems seemingly with an emphasis on keeping our shape, trying to be solid/hard-to-beat, with no obvious or noticeable plan on how to play in possession.

That could either instil a lack of confidence in the players, who might think PH doesn't trust them or believe they can play the style we started with, or it could result in the players not believing in the manager with him abandoning what was the plan for the season and the basis of why all the new players were signed. I think PH would've had a bit more support had he stuck with the original plan and strategy from the start of the season, committed to it and just tweaked it or worked on how to improve parts of our play (creating more chances, how to get more bodies in the final third etc).

If anything it's almost shown that PH struggles to coach a team to play in a style other than the favoured solid/us-shape type of grafting with team-spirit getting us through.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
MuddyWaters
October 26, 2023, 1:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Phil the cod

Who signed the players, coaches the players, dictates the tactics, chooses the formation (regularly) and picks the team?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
sam gy
October 26, 2023, 1:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
I don't think they're not trying. I think it's more likely, as a group they're not good enough unfortunately

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
mariner91
October 26, 2023, 1:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,656
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Tommy

If anything it's almost shown that PH struggles to coach a team to play in a style other than the favoured solid/us-shape type of grafting with team-spirit getting us through.

I think this is the crucial part. He's never managed to get a team to be free-flowing and attacking. He's had spells where his teams have scored a lot of goals but at the first sign of trouble he reverts back to keeping us shape. It will massively limit his career.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
golfer
October 26, 2023, 1:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,441
Gold Stars: 116
If we could get rid of all the players on the books in one go without having to pay compensation how many would we be prepared to  offer new 2 year contracts to ?    -- Clifton Cohen Hallohan ?  there's not many is there ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The players.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.