Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Give Cartwright a run in the team?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Give Cartwright a run in the team?

This thread currently has 3,686 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
October 21, 2023, 7:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Hull won’t have lent him to us with the expectation he sat on the bench all season and with Eastwood mediocre at best there must be some pressure to give him a few games or the loan will probably be cut short.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
jamesgtfc
October 21, 2023, 7:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,994
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ska face
3 clean sheets across 18 games in all competitions for this squad. Averaging 1.78 goals a game conceded across the season, or 2.1 a game since our last clean sheet at the start of September. Completely unsustainable.

Was interesting to hear Matt Dean explain that Hurst was definitely in for Murphy at Newcastle through the whole summer & came really close. Ultimately counts for frig all now though, how costly that seems to be.

In those 18 games, we’ve only put out the same starting 11 in consecutive games once. Some of that enforced, some not. The back line changes weekly. Conceding goals is a habit that a few of our players have slipped into, and I’m not sure we have it in us to change that mindset.

I'm not certain that a left back would have solved all of our defensive problems. It's great that we were chasing someone so highly rated, but it's also frustrating that we seemingly never had an alternative plan.

In isolation, it's great that we have seen fight to bring it back to 2-2, but it's frustrating that it's yet another loss.

Across the 14 games, our current league position is unacceptable and needs improving over the next 7 days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
smokin joe
October 21, 2023, 8:03pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -128
the two of them are crap
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
smokin joe
October 21, 2023, 8:08pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -128
there must be a out of contract goalkeeper out there some were
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
Northbank Mariner
October 21, 2023, 8:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,499
Gold Stars: 171
From what I've seen of Cartwright he's nowhere near ready for being a number 1 in an EFL club..
Contrast and compare to Henderson who, at the same age, looked a class above.
I'm now seeing though what Rochdale fans saw in Eastwood, and quite frankly I'm a little disappointed as he looked decent on the first few games, but like most of the players, seems to have regressed aa the seasons moved on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
It Bites
October 21, 2023, 8:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,227
Gold Stars: 265
Cartwright is the equivalent of any youth keeper who isn’t good enough. Eastwood looked good but much like his defence has gone backwards very fast .
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
Bigdog
October 21, 2023, 9:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ska face
3 clean sheets across 18 games in all competitions for this squad. Averaging 1.78 goals a game conceded across the season, or 2.1 a game since our last clean sheet at the start of September. Completely unsustainable.

Was interesting to hear Matt Dean explain that Hurst was definitely in for Murphy at Newcastle through the whole summer & came really close. Ultimately counts for frig all now though, how costly that seems to be.

In those 18 games, we’ve only put out the same starting 11 in consecutive games once. Some of that enforced, some not. The back line changes weekly. Conceding goals is a habit that a few of our players have slipped into, and I’m not sure we have it in us to change that mindset.

Probably enough games played to say that we're short of a good keeper, other than Efete, our full backs are too slow, Mullarkey got rinsed first 30 minutes today, another decent centre back needed and the midfield is relatively weak apart from Conteh. I actually think the wide men and forwards would benefit from a better spine. I'm not sure Hurst has spent the extra money wisely and is already on "negate the opposition mode". We weren't too bad today, but we're a long way off 1878's publicly stated target.. for which I don't think PH has it in him to achieve
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
mariner91
October 21, 2023, 9:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,666
Gold Stars: 262
The last thing a defence leaking goals and low on confidence needs is to have a young, inexperienced keeper who frankly hasn’t looked very good behind them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
DB
October 21, 2023, 9:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 390
By the time the ball has passed the keeper it has also passed 10 outfield players who combined to let the opposition go past them. I don't think Eastwood is brilliant by any means but you couldn't fault him for today's perforance.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
Poojah
October 21, 2023, 9:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,611
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from Bigdog

Probably enough games played to say that we're short of a good keeper, other than Efete

That’s a left field suggestion but I’m prepared to give it a go at this stage.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Give Cartwright a run in the team?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.