7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
October 17, 2023, 7:27am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,166
Gold Stars: 264
After much consideration I’ve changed my mind . In my mind it’s the coaches that are the problem not Hurst . Too many voices etc . Croudson giving out information during the games is one example. Either Hurst or Doig should be doing that . Are all the coaches operating at 100% and are they good enough ?  My knee jerk reaction was to sack Hurst but I genuinely don’t think he’s the problem here? I know the manager lives and dies on results but …………. there has to me more to all this ?
Private Message
aldi_01
October 17, 2023, 7:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from It Bites
After much consideration I’ve changed my mind . In my mind it’s the coaches that are the problem not Hurst . Too many voices etc . Croudson giving out information during the games is one example. Either Hurst or Doig should be doing that . Are all the coaches operating at 100% and are they good enough ?  My knee jerk reaction was to sack Hurst but I genuinely don’t think he’s the problem here? I know the manager lives and dies on results but …………. there has to me more to all this ?

Or May be, just May be, and I know it’s rare in football to think this, but May the players just aren’t doing their job. Missing from 4 yards, not clearing the ball, keepers that can’t catch cold…may be it’s partly their fault, yet none of the buffoons clamouring for the dismissal of the manager even once called out the excrement play, play being done by players…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 60
It Bites
October 17, 2023, 7:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,166
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from aldi_01

Or May be, just May be, and I know it’s rare in football to think this, but May the players just aren’t doing their job. Missing from 4 yards, not clearing the ball, keepers that can’t catch cold…may be it’s partly their fault, yet none of the buffoons clamouring for the dismissal of the manager even once called out the excrement play, play being done by players…

Can’t sack the players . Hurst and the coaches are responsible for them . I’m still going with the coaches
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 60
1mickylyons
October 17, 2023, 7:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,385
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from aldi_01

Here you go again calling people for an opinion. These fans are calling out the excrement play by the players. The questions to you are what are our tactics what do we do in training and why can't anybody take a set piece properly?
None of the above are being done right just look how Efete takes a throw in .Clifton and his game management, does a great job getting the ball gets some space then hoofs it 40 yds away from a team mate instead of a 10byd pass.Fullbacks get the ball with space to run into start off then come all the way back again.I  think the players we have are decent enough but clearly there is some sort of breakdown with what they are being asked to do versus delivery. I could have accepted a slow start if we showed signs of improvement sadly this is the opposite. Town get thumped Saturday the fans like yourself pleading patience will call everyone buffoons again and say its Stockport they're top of the league. This isn't good enough you know it I know it and Paul Hurst knows it performances like Saturday get Manager's the sack.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 60
MuddyWaters
October 17, 2023, 7:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,248
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Here you go again calling people for an opinion. These fans are calling out the excrement play by the players. The questions to you are what are our tactics what do we do in training and why can't anybody take a set piece properly?
None of the above are being done right just look how Efete takes a throw in .Clifton and his game management, does a great job getting the ball gets some space then hoofs it 40 yds away from a team mate instead of a 10byd pass.Fullbacks get the ball with space to run into start off then come all the way back again.I  think the players we have are decent enough but clearly there is some sort of breakdown with what they are being asked to do versus delivery. I could have accepted a slow start if we showed signs of improvement sadly this is the opposite. Town get thumped Saturday the fans like yourself pleading patience will call everyone buffoons again and say its Stockport they're top of the league. This isn't good enough you know it I know it and Paul Hurst knows it performances like Saturday get Manager's the sack.

It’s bad enough not being able to see a plan and a formation from the stands but the worst part is the amount of coaching that seems to be happening in the game. What do they do in the week? On Saturday, they looked no better coached than some Lincs League teams.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 60
aldi_01
October 17, 2023, 8:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Not really, the nonsense I heard on Saturday wasn’t an opinion, it was just grown men shouting absolute drivel with no sense but we badge it as passion…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 60
October 17, 2023, 8:21am
Guest User
I’ve always been a big fan of Clifton but he’s a shadow of the player of last season. I wonder how close he came to a transfer? Maybe that’s affected him.

Whatever, I hope he sorts it out. Him not performing is a real barometer of the squad.
Reply: 6 - 60
1mickylyons
October 17, 2023, 8:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,385
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from aldi_01

Not really, the nonsense I heard on Saturday wasn’t an opinion, it was just grown men shouting absolute drivel with no sense but we badge it as passion…

You and I have been fans for many years.Lers be honest if we had k own exactly what we were going to get for 90 mins or 70 in my case neither of us would have left the sodding house on Saturday. I can accept Town losing games even badly it happens but come on ffs you're not telling me that was acceptable or the performance vs  Bradford in the tinpot?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 60
GollyGTFC
October 17, 2023, 8:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from It Bites

Bizarre post.

You are saying it’s nothing to do with Hurst and it’s all his coaches that are the problem, but all his staff are performing the tasks that Hurst has assigned to them. So if you are saying there’s a problem you have inadvertently pointed the finger of blame at Hurst.

So basically our current situation is everybody on the football side’s fault apart from the Manager?
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 60
GrimPol
October 17, 2023, 8:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -669
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from aldi_01

I hadn't realised up till now that players actually recruit and employ themselves. Up to this point, I was under the illusion that the Manager/management team did.
I stand corrected.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 60
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst In

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.