Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I actually know this…

Hurst stands there emotionless.

Doig occasionally gets up and shouts at players and/or officials.

Croudsen holds the clipboard and waves at players warming up to come back to the dig out when they’re about to come on.

Davies sits there silently thinking he could do a better job than all of them put together.

Have I missed anyone out?

Shaun Pearson
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 60
Tommy
October 17, 2023, 10:56am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
It's clearly Croudson's role to plan for and organise, assign roles etc for set plays. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Think people are looking too hard for problems if we're criticising the management team for that. There's plenty of issues as it is without picking problems for the sake of it.

Also just to note. Shaun Pearson's role is in recruitment(scouting), not coaching with the first team.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 60
paulmblythe
October 17, 2023, 11:31am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from aldi_01

Not really, the nonsense I heard on Saturday wasn’t an opinion, it was just grown men shouting absolute drivel with no sense but we badge it as passion…

Like when Holahan came over to applaud the fans and got booed. You know the guy who came on late as a sub and looked like he actually gave a excrement. In his place id have thought intercourse you i've just ran my bottom off albeit for the short period the management let me play and ive still bothered to come over and thank you for coming

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 60
ginnywings
October 17, 2023, 12:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,141
Gold Stars: 548
Maybe Croudson has the loudest voice.

It's Tuesday, and some are still trying to desperately figure out if they have the answer. Can they have put their finger on the conundrum of our poor performances, and somehow it hasn't occurred to a team of ex professional footballers, coaches, analysts and the manager. Have a day off people.

We have no style of play, we have no set pattern, we only have one up front, the manager has lost the dressing room, the coaches are all defenders, the board are spineless, and on and on it goes.

I see a team playing with no confidence at the moment, having failed to win or draw several games they should have and it's down to people that we employ to sort it out; namely the manager, the coaches and the players.

Let the manager manage, let the coaches coach, let the players play, and if it doesn't sufficiently improve, then the board have a decision to make at some point.

Stop beating yourselves up trying desperately to explain the inexplicable, because there is nothing you can think of that wouldn't have already crossed the minds of those whose job it is to steer the ship, and they stand or fall by those decisions. It's not our job to try and figure it out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 60
Mariner John
October 17, 2023, 12:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +629
Gold Stars: 51
At a guess Croudson didn't pick that job himself, Hurst I assume gave him it.

That really doesn't matter, is the players can't pass the ball 10 yards, follow up in attack, stay alert when defending. So that isn't the manager making mistakes.

Maybe nobody can understand what Hurst is trying to do, because I have no clue either. Quite often our best players are on the bench, now, we don't know if they are fully fit or not, but some team selections are baffing. As for one up top, no no no.

The solution, no clue, but at least try and win from the outset, that would be a start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 60
GrimPol
October 17, 2023, 1:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -671
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from ginnywings

It's Tuesday, and some are still trying to desperately figure out if they have the answer. Can they have put their finger on the conundrum of our poor performances, and somehow it hasn't occurred to a team of ex professional footballers, coaches, analysts and the manager. Have a day off people.

We have no style of play, we have no set pattern, we only have one up front, the manager has lost the dressing room, the coaches are all defenders, the board are spineless, and on and on it goes.

I see a team playing with no confidence at the moment, having failed to win or draw several games they should have and it's down to people that we employ to sort it out; namely the manager, the coaches and the players.

Let the manager manage, let the coaches coach, let the players play, and if it doesn't sufficiently improve, then the board have a decision to make at some point.

Stop beating yourselves up trying desperately to explain the inexplicable, because there is nothing you can think of that wouldn't have already crossed the minds of those whose job it is to steer the ship, and they stand or fall by those decisions. It's not our job to try and figure it out.

Well, that's a turnaround. A few posts back you didn't want to admit there was a problem. Now you admit there is a problem, but let's not discuss it.
Can you inform us at what point you would radio in and Inform Houston that you indeed Have a Problem?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 60
MuddyWaters
October 17, 2023, 1:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

Yep. It’s our ‘job’ to turn up and get bored shitless. Trouble is that it’s been the same for long enough.

Having said that, maybe the reason people are getting so invested in this is that they care about the direction the club appears to be going. It’s all too familiar. We’ve been in this situation too many times before and it’s no good saying we’re better run or we had a great Cup run or we’ve got good data or new bogs in the Main Stand. On Saturday, Stockport won’t give a toss what we’ve got.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 60
devs
October 17, 2023, 1:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Tommy
It's clearly Croudson's role to plan for and organise, assign roles etc for set plays. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Think people are looking too hard for problems if we're criticising the management team for that. There's plenty of issues as it is without picking problems for the sake of it.

Also just to note. Shaun Pearson's role is in recruitment(scouting), not coaching with the first team.

But my point on all of this is why the hell do we need someone NOT on the pitch to plan, organise and yell instructions?
Call me old fashioned but I would have thought the GK, defenders and captain could do that; are they incapable of basic organisation?
They are professionals for God's sake!

As Hurst is often happy to point out "we can't do everything for them"

For me it sums up how complicated the current management has made things - PH has lost his way IMO... and I am pretty much a PH fan

Back to basics please - simpler formation; two up top; best footballers on pitch who can consistently pass the ball to each other and not just being able to graft!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 60
GollyGTFC
October 17, 2023, 1:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Hagrid

Greg- Who appears to be going grey poor lad, he's only my age

It’s obviously a stressful job overseeing that many soft tissue injuries each season.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 60
devs
October 17, 2023, 1:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 30
It's shame Giles Coke isn't at club any more
Then we could have...

You put your good Hurst In
You put your bad Hurst Out
You do the Giles Cokey and you try to turn things round...

I'll get my coat...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst In

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.