arryarryarry
October 19, 2023, 2:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from rancido

Maybe so but surely he can't be held responsible for every miss placed pass, poor judgement in positioning or failure to track a runner. Players can have a great game but make one miss placed pass that leads to a goal. Most of the players we have are playing at this level because they are prone to inconsistences. Obviously the ultimate responsibility lies with the manager but some players are letting him down by not playing as well as they can. As has been noted, Clifton is nowhere near as good or consistent as he was last season. If PH rests him for a few games but he still performs well in training what then? Clifton could easily think " what's the point, I'm going my best in training yet still can't get a game". Despondency creeps in and turns a drop in form into a ' can't be ars*d" mindset. Footballers are not robots and subject to mood swings, just like we all are.

You could say the same for just about every other team that is playing in this league but the majority are currently doing better than us.

As for the Clifton comment, if you are not playing well then you should be dropped and I am sure that Harry knows that, as you said he is not performing as well as last season but he should not automatically be in the team. It is up to him to bust a gut in training to force himself back in the team as it is for any other member of the squad. If a player is playing poorly then doesn't get an immediate recall into the team even if giving his all in training as should every other player not selected and then doesn't give a toss in training but expects by right to be back in the team they can urine off for me.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst In

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.