Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood grow a pair and sack this boring loser.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Stockwood grow a pair and sack this boring loser.

This thread currently has 6,348 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Zmariner
October 16, 2023, 4:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,130
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from heppy88
It would be interesting to know how many of those supporting Hurst and promoting the idea that he should be given x amount of games to prove himself are attending the games week in, week out? I'm not for one minute insinuating that doesn't give someone a valid opinion (Less or no games attended). As an occasional attender, or armchair supporter, performances and entertainment value have little meaning and are thus discounted when discussing issues around the team and management.  But I cannot believe for one minute that anyone can attend recent games and not come out thinking there is something fundamentally amiss with the team (including manager and coaching). I cannot believe you don't come out after 90 + minutes feeling dejected, feeling Hurst and entertainment  don't exist in the same universe.

Regardless of promotions, results, points, cup runs etc his style of play in the league is soul destroying, to the degree we saw the mass exodus on Saturday, coupled with an unrivalled sense of negativity ever since. I would even argue that much of this has been steadily building since last season despite the cup run and final league placement.

To those who are anxious regarding the search for a replacement to Paul, often citing the managers we had in after his last exit, I would argue that having Stockwood and Pettit instead of Fenty in charge of recruitment will result in us recruiting better standard of manager. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

I am saying another 4 games and I do go to the home games. I get the point as it has been crap but I am prepared to roll the dice for a few more games. The home style of play has been stagnant for a while but I would not pull the trigger yet utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 53
diehardmariner
October 18, 2023, 10:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I'm loathe to defend Fenty but I keep seeing the same comments about his crap choice of Manager. I never heard too many complaints about Newell,Holloway, Jolley or Bignot when appointed and upon Buckley 3rd spell I was straight in the ticket office buying a season ticket. The 3 I recall him getting grief for was Slade 2,Woods and Rodger the latter 2 classed as cheap option.

But this is just the managerial version of everyone creaming themselves at the sight of every single signing made, this is literally at every single club up and down the country.  You only have to look on Twitter when any side signs some 2-bob 19-year-old midfielder from Hartlepool's reserves.  It's full of pictures of the seagull inhaling before a big E-I-E-I-E...chant or anything remotely related to HMS urine The League.  It's just the nature of fans to get excited, very easily, isn't it?

Fenty's job was to make sure he got the recruitment right.  Due diligence would have told him that Newell was a liability and would spend more time in the pub than on the training ground, it would have identified that Bignot wasn't ready for that step-up on his own (hell, he was sold on Bignot just because he drove a hard bargain when we signed Bogle).  

He had access to people and information that we, as fans, don't.  
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 53
HerveJosse
October 18, 2023, 11:33am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I'm loathe to defend Fenty but I keep seeing the same comments about his crap choice of Manager. I never heard too many complaints about Newell,Holloway, Jolley or Bignot when appointed and upon Buckley 3rd spell I was straight in the ticket office buying a season ticket. The 3 I recall him getting grief for was Slade 2,Woods and Rodger the latter 2 classed as cheap option.

Early warning he’s creeping into this thread as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 53
Mariner_501
October 18, 2023, 8:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
3 wins in 17 games is crazy. Following being given the biggest budget he will probably have managing town. Has to go
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood grow a pair and sack this boring loser.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.