Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood grow a pair and sack this boring loser.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Stockwood grow a pair and sack this boring loser.

This thread currently has 6,346 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Dodorondon
October 16, 2023, 1:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: -31
Gold Stars: 6
No he isn’t. At least only the armchair supporters.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
diehardmariner
October 16, 2023, 2:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Yeah, I'm always very sceptical of the talk around upset in the dressing room etc.  A lot was made of Rose's reaction to coming off, it was one of the few things I actually liked about Saturday.  I want players to be drunk off when they're taken off, especially when we're chasing a game.  

The comments from Maher's Mum on Twitter, she's waded in before hasn't she?  I take that with a pinch of salt.

Clifton post game sounded lower than a snakes belly.  But so he should after such a drab display.

But something distinctly feels off.  You can't always pinpoint what it is, but it's definitely there.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
Northbank Mariner
October 16, 2023, 2:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from ginnywings

You say this as if it is guaranteed that we will improve under a new manager. We might, but we might not.

If he goes, he goes, but a new manager is no cure all, as we know all too well.

It's a very simplistic viewpoint to my mind.

Youve chosen to cherry pick a line to make your point I'm afraid.
There's nothing simplistic in what I'm saying, mt statement is this, there's an honourable way to sack a manager, Hurst at least deserves that.

"You say this as if it is guaranteed that we will improve under a new manager. We might, but we might not" is more simplistic than my own view point!!
You don't move forward standing still pal, abd right now, under Hurst, we are bloody reverse down a 1 in 4!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 53
pontoonlew
October 16, 2023, 2:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
I see a lot about Hurst having earnt the right to turn things around as he has before, which would be fine had that been in the EFL.

The reality is, the good will towards Hurst was earnt based on his Non League performance. If you took away one decent season with Shrewsbury, his record at this level is poor at best and one that shows very little evidence that he can turn it around at this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
heppy88
October 16, 2023, 3:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
It would be interesting to know how many of those supporting Hurst and promoting the idea that he should be given x amount of games to prove himself are attending the games week in, week out? I'm not for one minute insinuating that doesn't give someone a valid opinion (Less or no games attended). As an occasional attender, or armchair supporter, performances and entertainment value have little meaning and are thus discounted when discussing issues around the team and management.  But I cannot believe for one minute that anyone can attend recent games and not come out thinking there is something fundamentally amiss with the team (including manager and coaching). I cannot believe you don't come out after 90 + minutes feeling dejected, feeling Hurst and entertainment  don't exist in the same universe.

Regardless of promotions, results, points, cup runs etc his style of play in the league is soul destroying, to the degree we saw the mass exodus on Saturday, coupled with an unrivalled sense of negativity ever since. I would even argue that much of this has been steadily building since last season despite the cup run and final league placement.

To those who are anxious regarding the search for a replacement to Paul, often citing the managers we had in after his last exit, I would argue that having Stockwood and Pettit instead of Fenty in charge of recruitment will result in us recruiting better standard of manager. I'm sure we can all agree on that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
1mickylyons
October 16, 2023, 3:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
I'm loathe to defend Fenty but I keep seeing the same comments about his crap choice of Manager. I never heard too many complaints about Newell,Holloway, Jolley or Bignot when appointed and upon Buckley 3rd spell I was straight in the ticket office buying a season ticket. The 3 I recall him getting grief for was Slade 2,Woods and Rodger the latter 2 classed as cheap option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2023, 3:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from heppy88
It would be interesting to know how many of those supporting Hurst and promoting the idea that he should be given x amount of games to prove himself are attending the games week in, week out? I'm not for one minute insinuating that doesn't give someone a valid opinion (Less or no games attended). As an occasional attender, or armchair supporter, performances and entertainment value have little meaning and are thus discounted when discussing issues around the team and management.  But I cannot believe for one minute that anyone can attend recent games and not come out thinking there is something fundamentally amiss with the team (including manager and coaching). I cannot believe you don't come out after 90 + minutes feeling dejected, feeling Hurst and entertainment  don't exist in the same universe.

Regardless of promotions, results, points, cup runs etc his style of play in the league is soul destroying, to the degree we saw the mass exodus on Saturday, coupled with an unrivalled sense of negativity ever since. I would even argue that much of this has been steadily building since last season despite the cup run and final league placement.

To those who are anxious regarding the search for a replacement to Paul, often citing the managers we had in after his last exit, I would argue that having Stockwood and Pettit instead of Fenty in charge of recruitment will result in us recruiting better standard of manager. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Your stamina is impressive!!
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
Wainmans Gloves
October 16, 2023, 3:46pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +31
Would Stockwood and Pettit have a football person to advise on this? Its new territory for them after 2 years of solid progress?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
1mickylyons
October 16, 2023, 3:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Wainmans Gloves
Would Stockwood and Pettit have a football person to advise on this? Its new territory for them after 2 years of solid progress?

There is a bloke called Buckley that lives local no reason he couldn't sit as an advisor on football matters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
heppy88
October 16, 2023, 4:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Wainmans Gloves

Don’t they have a guy who’s had a long history with FIFA sitting on the board as a volunteer advisor ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood grow a pair and sack this boring loser.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.