Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood grow a pair and sack this boring loser.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Stockwood grow a pair and sack this boring loser.

This thread currently has 6,342 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
October 16, 2023, 10:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 539
Yep.

Just those 13 games mid-season when we picked up 7 points...
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 53
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 16, 2023, 10:46am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from diehardmariner

He could be leaving games early for a majority of reasons, he lives in Manchester doesn't he?  

Near-ish.

Prestbury - b/w Stockport & Macclesfield.

Popular with footballers and the Cheshire set.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 53
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2023, 10:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614

Hardly a slump finishing 11th in our first season back in the EFL

Think he means the poor league run around this time last year.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 53
October 16, 2023, 10:59am
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

There is, and ik not sure getting personal in the thread title is helpful either.

Just to add fuel to the fire, Stockwood has been seen leaving early at the last few home games. If we take away the fact of him being the co-owner and chairman and remember he is a massive Grimsby Town fan, I doubt he's enjoying the games as much as we aren't now.
Also, JS&AP approached Hurst before the take over was completed, he was their "man of choice" and initially it looked like Hurst let them down with the relegation, they showed faith and he repaid that with a play off of play offs and an FA Cup quarter final along with a mini football fortune.
Again, a slump in the NL, a slump in Lg2 last season, they stood by him and showed faith once more.
So, the board have a decision to make, stand by Hurst and show faith for a fourth time, hope he can turn it around, or bite the bullet, take it on the chin that Hurst has taken us as far as he can, shake his hand, sign the cheque and thank him for his services rather than risk of getting involved in a relegation scrap once more.
Also, as a side note, we were tarnished as perennial losers, that play off campaign and FA Cup run did so much good in healing our reputation, we carry on our current trajectory and that reputation will come back to haunt us

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be bad form if the Chairman of the club left home games early therefore not entertaining the opponents Chairman and Board?  I'm pretty sure that JS is not that kind of person.

Reply: 33 - 53
GrimPol
October 16, 2023, 11:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -672
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults
A catastrophe this far out from Christmas, do me a favour. This is L2 and generally rubbish anyway. As long as we don't get stuck in the bottom two I don't see why anyone has a decision to make.

That's a bit naive. We are 3 games away from being bottom, or in 8 days times at 5 pm.  Some 5 games back I was laughing as it was inconceivable. I'm not laughing now.
We have been demoted and hence twice as shy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 53
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2023, 11:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

That's a bit naive. We are 3 games away from being bottom, or in 8 days times at 5 pm.  Some 5 games back I was laughing as it was inconceivable. I'm not laughing now.
We have been demoted and hence twice as shy.

Exactly. At half time in the Bradford game, we were 2nd in the live table.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 53
ginnywings
October 16, 2023, 12:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

There is, and ik not sure getting personal in the thread title is helpful either.

Just to add fuel to the fire, Stockwood has been seen leaving early at the last few home games. If we take away the fact of him being the co-owner and chairman and remember he is a massive Grimsby Town fan, I doubt he's enjoying the games as much as we aren't now.
Also, JS&AP approached Hurst before the take over was completed, he was their "man of choice" and initially it looked like Hurst let them down with the relegation, they showed faith and he repaid that with a play off of play offs and an FA Cup quarter final along with a mini football fortune.
Again, a slump in the NL, a slump in Lg2 last season, they stood by him and showed faith once more.
So, the board have a decision to make, stand by Hurst and show faith for a fourth time, hope he can turn it around, or bite the bullet, take it on the chin that Hurst has taken us as far as he can, shake his hand, sign the cheque and thank him for his services rather than risk of getting involved in a relegation scrap once more.
Also, as a side note, we were tarnished as perennial losers, that play off campaign and FA Cup run did so much good in healing our reputation, we carry on our current trajectory and that reputation will come back to haunt us

You say this as if it is guaranteed that we will improve under a new manager. We might, but we might not.

If he goes, he goes, but a new manager is no cure all, as we know all too well.

It's a very simplistic viewpoint to my mind.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 53
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2023, 12:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

You say this as if it is guaranteed that we will improve under a new manager. We might, but we might not.

If he goes, he goes, but a new manager is no cure all, as we know all too well.

It's a very simplistic viewpoint to my mind.

On the other hand, we may improve under Hurst or we may not. Same logic applies.

My concerns are the lack of effort, poor body language and lack of passion. That signifies a deeper issue which I'm sure will be addressed.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 53
ginnywings
October 16, 2023, 12:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

On the other hand, we may improve under Hurst or we may not. Same logic applies.

My concerns are the lack of effort, poor body language and lack of passion. That signifies a deeper issue which I'm sure will be addressed.

Absolutely agree on your first point.

Not so sure on the second. When a team is losing games, of course the body language will be poor, it's human nature. I see a team low on confidence and belief, which isn't always solely down to the manager. The question is whether the board think he can turn it around, as he's done before. Again I say, that's not our decision to make.

There seems to be this idea that something isn't right behind the scenes, but you always hear stuff like that when a team is underperforming, and the usual cliches are trotted out. "The manager has lost the dressing room". "The players have downed tools". etc etc.

Someone says it, and then someone repeats it, and before you know it, social media is alive with rumour and speculation.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 53
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2023, 1:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Absolutely agree on your first point.

Not so sure on the second. When a team is losing games, of course the body language will be poor, it's human nature. I see a team low on confidence and belief, which isn't always solely down to the manager. The question is whether the board think he can turn it around, as he's done before. Again I say, that's not our decision to make.

There seems to be this idea that something isn't right behind the scenes, but you always hear stuff like that when a team is underperforming, and the usual cliches are trotted out. "The manager has lost the dressing room". "The players have downed tools". etc etc.

Someone says it, and then someone repeats it, and before you know it, social media is alive with rumour and speculation.

Whether he’s lost the dressing room or not, he’s losing fans by the boatload at present.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood grow a pair and sack this boring loser.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.