Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood grow a pair and sack this boring loser.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Stockwood grow a pair and sack this boring loser.

This thread currently has 6,344 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
October 15, 2023, 6:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
And I Don't think there is Corky, the principle is the same, Don't perform and you get replaced. The only difference is the criteria used to measure performance, it's different for office staff and managers, but if you under perform you are out

One more point, JS and AP see first hand what's 'sgoing on every day.at the club where as us fans only see 90 minutes on a Saturday. Leaving the ground I heared all sorts of stuff from fans on what is going on inside the club. How do they know what is said in the dressing room, or what happened in training? It's really ridiculous some of the things that was said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 53
arryarryarry
October 15, 2023, 7:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jimgtfc

Instead of childish, ill thought out statements like this, why not try to offer your opinion or suggestions on how we improve? Why are there always some people who have to turn any situation into a slanging match?

Whilst Yoda may go over the top a bit, I am sure his suggestion for how we improve is to sack Paul Hurst.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 53
moosey_club
October 15, 2023, 7:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from mimma
And I Don't think there is Corky, the principle is the same, Don't perform and you get replaced. The only difference is the criteria used to measure performance, it's different for office staff and managers, but if you under perform you are out

One more point, JS and AP see first hand what's 'sgoing on every day.at the club where as us fans only see 90 minutes on a Saturday. Leaving the ground I heared all sorts of stuff from fans on what is going on inside the club. How do they know what is said in the dressing room, or what happened in training? It's really ridiculous some of the things that was said.

Pretty sure if you stand in the right spot at the back of the mainstand you can hear what's being said in the dressing room .

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 53
barralad
October 15, 2023, 11:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Ooh there's some major troll feeding going on in this thread.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 53
Northbank Mariner
October 16, 2023, 6:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from barralad
Ooh there's some major troll feeding going on in this thread.

There is, and ik not sure getting personal in the thread title is helpful either.

Just to add fuel to the fire, Stockwood has been seen leaving early at the last few home games. If we take away the fact of him being the co-owner and chairman and remember he is a massive Grimsby Town fan, I doubt he's enjoying the games as much as we aren't now.
Also, JS&AP approached Hurst before the take over was completed, he was their "man of choice" and initially it looked like Hurst let them down with the relegation, they showed faith and he repaid that with a play off of play offs and an FA Cup quarter final along with a mini football fortune.
Again, a slump in the NL, a slump in Lg2 last season, they stood by him and showed faith once more.
So, the board have a decision to make, stand by Hurst and show faith for a fourth time, hope he can turn it around, or bite the bullet, take it on the chin that Hurst has taken us as far as he can, shake his hand, sign the cheque and thank him for his services rather than risk of getting involved in a relegation scrap once more.
Also, as a side note, we were tarnished as perennial losers, that play off campaign and FA Cup run did so much good in healing our reputation, we carry on our current trajectory and that reputation will come back to haunt us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 53
Yarborough Vaults
October 16, 2023, 6:58am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
A catastrophe this far out from Christmas, do me a favour. This is L2 and generally rubbish anyway. As long as we don't get stuck in the bottom two I don't see why anyone has a decision to make.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 53
pizzzza
October 16, 2023, 7:58am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults
As long as we don't get stuck in the bottom two I don't see why anyone has a decision to make.

If we are stuck in the bottom two then the time for decision is coming far too late.

How bad does it need to get?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 53
mariner91
October 16, 2023, 8:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults
A catastrophe this far out from Christmas, do me a favour. This is L2 and generally rubbish anyway. As long as we don't get stuck in the bottom two I don't see why anyone has a decision to make.

If not being in the bottom two is the full extent of our ambition then we might as well quit now. I’m not one that thinks we have a divine right to be L1 or higher, the majority of my lifetime we haven’t been and I’m in my 30s. But if we can’t at least compete in L2 averaging over 6000 in attendances and with a once in a century FA cup run boosting the coffers then what’s the point?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 53
diehardmariner
October 16, 2023, 9:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

There is, and ik not sure getting personal in the thread title is helpful either.

Just to add fuel to the fire, Stockwood has been seen leaving early at the last few home games. If we take away the fact of him being the co-owner and chairman and remember he is a massive Grimsby Town fan, I doubt he's enjoying the games as much as we aren't now.
Also, JS&AP approached Hurst before the take over was completed, he was their "man of choice" and initially it looked like Hurst let them down with the relegation, they showed faith and he repaid that with a play off of play offs and an FA Cup quarter final along with a mini football fortune.
Again, a slump in the NL, a slump in Lg2 last season, they stood by him and showed faith once more.
So, the board have a decision to make, stand by Hurst and show faith for a fourth time, hope he can turn it around, or bite the bullet, take it on the chin that Hurst has taken us as far as he can, shake his hand, sign the cheque and thank him for his services rather than risk of getting involved in a relegation scrap once more.
Also, as a side note, we were tarnished as perennial losers, that play off campaign and FA Cup run did so much good in healing our reputation, we carry on our current trajectory and that reputation will come back to haunt us

He could be leaving games early for a majority of reasons, he lives in Manchester doesn't he?  I can't blame him for wanting to skip the last 5 minutes to save half-an-hour in traffic.  

I agree with what you're saying though, we've made progress under this current set-up of 1878 and Hurst.  Improvement is never a consistent upward line, but there has to be a point where you look at the bigger picture and see what's coming up ahead of you.  If we're not careful all the good work of the last 2 years could easily be undone.  I still think the appetite for people coming through the gates is the thing that will either save Hurst or cost him his job.  It's all well that we've got £100,000's of money in the bank from season ticket sales already for this season, but if in October and November we already see numbers of those ST holders not attending, that's a bloody good indication they won't renew next season.   Colchester at home in 8 days time could be a hammer blow.  Weather turning, Champions League on the box, uninspiring football, bad results, be very limited away following.  Could be comfortably under 4,000.  I think Barrow at home a few weeks ago was 4,800ish.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 53
October 16, 2023, 10:34am
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Hardly a slump finishing 11th in our first season back in the EFL

Reply: 29 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood grow a pair and sack this boring loser.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.