Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 14, 2023, 9:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from spuggybridge

As stated in the Hurst out thread, John Eustace recently sacked by Birmingham might be one to look at, he's got them to play off contenders.

Zero chance.

He was linked to the Rangers job the other day. I mean, it looks like he’s not going to get it, but that’s the level he’s being linked with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 85
It Bites
October 14, 2023, 9:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,209
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from male private Nale
I don’t want hurst out , I want Rod Jane and Freddie out , these chancers running our club have been well and truly found out . Get em gone . Shove your B Corp up your bottom ….. sideways

And it was all going so well tonight . Have they let you have your phone today
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 85
Northbank Mariner
October 14, 2023, 9:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,474
Gold Stars: 171
I don’t want hurst out , I want Rod Jane and Freddie out , these chancers running our club have been well and truly found out . Get em gone . Shove your B Corp up your bottom ….. sideways

Still salty because your bum chum has been removed...what a plank you are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 85
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 14, 2023, 9:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,696
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Maringer
Mullarkey is better going forward than Efete. He can cross the ball, which is a plus, whereas Efete can't. Not sure which is the best defender, but not much in it.

Amos didn't look properly fit to me. Their second goal came after he failed to clear the ball following Maher's tackle and he looked knackered, almost out of it by then.

Just don’t agree at all with this, yes Mullarkey is capable of putting over a decent cross but he doesn’t achieve this consistently but more one in four and he has little or no pace whatsoever. Efete much the better defender and at least gives us some pace going forward albeit I accept he can also be inconsistent. Efete and Sousa were worth watching and they worked well together and gave us a threat out wide, Arthur and Toby merely amble around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 85
ska face
October 14, 2023, 9:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Maringer
Mullarkey is better going forward than Efete. He can cross the ball, which is a plus, whereas Efete can't. Not sure which is the best defender, but not much in it.

Amos didn't look properly fit to me. Their second goal came after he failed to clear the ball following Maher's tackle and he looked knackered, almost out of it by then.

Mullarkey and Eastwood particularly definitely have the air of two players who were relegated last year, Rodgers too to a certain extent. Waterfall obviously was relegated from this division not long ago.

Decent players in there but far too easy to score against, not ruthless enough. There’s a quiet acceptance when we concede goals, not ideal when that’s 80% of your back 5, even worse when you’ve no functioning left back at times.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 85
moosey_club
October 14, 2023, 9:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Left it an hour or three...

Not listened to Hurst post match...or read much of the thread...

i imagine he says the game hinged on two key moments...Eisa miss...Waterfall red card

And in someway it did...however ..I think the Eisa miss was
the only clear cut chance we created ? At home....in 90 mins...

Accrington were organised no doubt,  but we had the better of possession / area for first 45 mins but they still had the best two opportunities.

Second half...felt they were better without creating too much .....
Eisa chance on the break...Big miss....Waterfall hesitated....red card....

Whalley did what he does even as a "veteran" .....the second goal from the Pontoon looked awful again...didnt we win the ball back ?? Wasn't danger over ??

Summary....we were better than them for first half without causing them any real worries.......2nd half..we didn't step up....they did....
We made substitutes after the event..

We lost without much of a whimper ..

All too similar, all too frequent.

Really seems like we are not learning, changing or developing.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 85
GrimPol
October 14, 2023, 9:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from davmariner

All managers make mistakes, but that doesn’t mean they can’t turn things around or make the changes needed to stabilise things. It is still early in the season and we are coming off the back of a tough run of fixtures. What’s the point in sacking him now? It’ll just lead to another slump over a run of games that we can pick up points from.

Fair point. But are you saying, with deep belief that PH can change, hence change the team to play better?
Because if its yes, then on what do you base your belief on? And whilst we are at it, why hasn't he seen what we saw some games away?
It's not just today's match, it's the others and even when we win it's only just.
I would much prefer that PH changes his spots, and carries us through because its cheaper and less stressful for the team. However I fear it's to late.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 85
fishcake63
October 14, 2023, 9:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from toontown
I've always been a Hurst supporter, albeit with caveats about his management, but today was just awful and the players just didn't look arsed at all. Something is badly wrong, I suspect it's frustration with the system and management as I think we have some decent individuals, but that's just a guess. What is especially galling is, when waterfall gets booked and he has a better CD on the bench with 45 minutes to play he doesn't make the change. An out of form, lacking in pace waterfall, that was just asking for a second yellow and it was an obvious change that needed making. But a stubborn refusal to make changes before 70 minutes has overridden common sense there and cost us a point against a very poor side (don't think we'd have got all 3 even with 11 men).

I am a massive fan of Clifton but he's been popr this season and was very poor today, needed subbing for Holohan at half time too.

We are usually awful to watch, poor in performances and poor in results. Yet we've had more to spend than for years and the individual players seem capable. It has to stand at Hurst's door. His in-game management is just so bad.

The crowd has definitely turned. It'll be toxic if 2k away fans are treated to another performance like that on Saturday, and we'll be thrashed if we do.

I don't think next Saturday will be curtains for him as defeat is priced in, but a defeat will surely mean the home match to Colchester then becomes an absolute must win.

I've gone from narrow Hurst in to 50/50, won't complain if he's sacked and he'd have no right to complain either, but not calling for it. The fact remains though we are sleep walking towards another relegation battle at the moment. We've been relegated with him before when he's had some time so we'd be foolish to leave it until January if it continues like this in my opinion. A risk we can't afford to take.

My opinion won't make either camp happy I think - I'm not calling for him to go but improvements required immediately or else I think we have no choice.
Thought we was well on top till sending off but after that we fell to bits

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 85
male private Nale
October 14, 2023, 9:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Be careful what you wish for …. With these lefties in charge we sukk probs end up with some bird in charge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 85
Hagrid
October 14, 2023, 10:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,424
Gold Stars: 534
Be careful what you wish for …. With these lefties in charge we sukk probs end up with some bird in charge

You are a complete imbecile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back after 70 minutes

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.