This thread currently has 8,300 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
October 14, 2023, 5:38pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,409
Gold Stars: 113
Don't mind losing but the minimum is to compete and give your all. Players just didn't look interested or bothered. Body language was terrible. Maybe a change is needed.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 85
pontoonlew
October 14, 2023, 5:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,038
Gold Stars: 177
I love what the owners have brought to the club but tonight is a huge test of what their ambitions for the club really are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 85
MuddyWaters
October 14, 2023, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GrimRob
Don't mind losing but the minimum is to compete and give your all. Players just didn't look interested or bothered. Body language was terrible. Maybe a change is needed.

Exactly this. Danny Rose was furious when substituted, understandably so, the lack of a handshake spoke volumes.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 85
blundellpork
October 14, 2023, 5:50pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
The squad is decent enough, but the set up and tactics are all wrong.

Conteh looked a real find, but has regressed and probably needs some time out if the team or his confidence will go (like Mansaram when he played up front on his own all those years ago).

The line up is too defensive with Rose isolated up top. In Eisa, Wilson, Rose and Gnahoua there is the quality there, but the team looks less than the sum of its individual parts.

We still don’t have a clear identity or way of playing, and the players themselves look lost.

Whilst Hurst is right that we had the better chances and could have won, yet again it was dreadful to watch. He’s fast running out of time unless things change quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 85
Wiley2405
October 14, 2023, 5:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Something ain’t right in the dressing room, listening to HC interview has convinced me. We have a better team better players but it’s just not right. Even listening to Hurst, I wanted him to just come out and say basically we were rubbish but no just excuses.

Things need to change ASAP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 85
toontown
October 14, 2023, 6:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
I've always been a Hurst supporter, albeit with caveats about his management, but today was just awful and the players just didn't look arsed at all. Something is badly wrong, I suspect it's frustration with the system and management as I think we have some decent individuals, but that's just a guess. What is especially galling is, when waterfall gets booked and he has a better CD on the bench with 45 minutes to play he doesn't make the change. An out of form, lacking in pace waterfall, that was just asking for a second yellow and it was an obvious change that needed making. But a stubborn refusal to make changes before 70 minutes has overridden common sense there and cost us a point against a very poor side (don't think we'd have got all 3 even with 11 men).

I am a massive fan of Clifton but he's been popr this season and was very poor today, needed subbing for Holohan at half time too.

We are usually awful to watch, poor in performances and poor in results. Yet we've had more to spend than for years and the individual players seem capable. It has to stand at Hurst's door. His in-game management is just so bad.

The crowd has definitely turned. It'll be toxic if 2k away fans are treated to another performance like that on Saturday, and we'll be thrashed if we do.

I don't think next Saturday will be curtains for him as defeat is priced in, but a defeat will surely mean the home match to Colchester then becomes an absolute must win.

I've gone from narrow Hurst in to 50/50, won't complain if he's sacked and he'd have no right to complain either, but not calling for it. The fact remains though we are sleep walking towards another relegation battle at the moment. We've been relegated with him before when he's had some time so we'd be foolish to leave it until January if it continues like this in my opinion. A risk we can't afford to take.

My opinion won't make either camp happy I think - I'm not calling for him to go but improvements required immediately or else I think we have no choice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 85
MaccasBoots
October 14, 2023, 6:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +683
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from toontown
I've always been a Hurst supporter, albeit with caveats about his management, but today was just awful and the players just didn't look arsed at all. Something is badly wrong, I suspect it's frustration with the system and management as I think we have some decent individuals, but that's just a guess. What is especially galling is, when waterfall gets booked and he has a better CD on the bench with 45 minutes to play he doesn't make the change. An out of form, lacking in pace waterfall, that was just asking for a second yellow and it was an obvious change that needed making. But a stubborn refusal to make changes before 70 minutes has overridden common sense there and cost us a point against a very poor side (don't think we'd have got all 3 even with 11 men).

I am a massive fan of Clifton but he's been popr this season and was very poor today, needed subbing for Holohan at half time too.

We are usually awful to watch, poor in performances and poor in results. Yet we've had more to spend than for years and the individual players seem capable. It has to stand at Hurst's door. His in-game management is just so bad.

The crowd has definitely turned. It'll be toxic if 2k away fans are treated to another performance like that on Saturday, and we'll be thrashed if we do.

I don't think next Saturday will be curtains for him as defeat is priced in, but a defeat will surely mean the home match to Colchester then becomes an absolute must win.

I've gone from narrow Hurst in to 50/50, won't complain if he's sacked and he'd have no right to complain either, but not calling for it. The fact remains though we are sleep walking towards another relegation battle at the moment. We've been relegated with him before when he's had some time so we'd be foolish to leave it until January if it continues like this in my opinion. A risk we can't afford to take.

My opinion won't make either camp happy I think - I'm not calling for him to go but improvements required immediately or else I think we have no choice.

You say your opinion won't make either camp happy, but for my money it's the most balanced and considered take on here - fair play
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 85
AdamHaddock
October 14, 2023, 6:15pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
Anyone fancy selling their Stockport ticket?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 85
grimsby pete
October 14, 2023, 6:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
It's hard to believe in 2 or 3 games we could be in the bottom 2:

Don't leave it too late Jason \ Andrew. The new man will need to access what we have before he signs the right players in January.

We have better players than last year but the team is not doing any better.

That's down to tactics and the desire of the players to believe in what the manager tells them what to do.

I don't think Hurst used the word ATTACK very often in his team talk.

He is far too defensive and we only attack with any threat when we are losing most of the time.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 85
LocalLadGTFC
October 14, 2023, 6:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,219
Gold Stars: 137
I don't know where people are getting that they don't have the ruthless streak in them to sack a manager? The amount of staff turned over behind the scenes clearly shows they're willing to move people on. They're fans as much as owners and they won't be impressed with what they're watching either. I had more fun watching the boats sail past today. i'd rather have Bignot Bingo right now, at least there was some excitement  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back after 70 minutes

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.