fishcake63
October 7, 2023, 6:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Think that some town fans would back Mike Newell the way they speak like Hurst is the f×cking messiah. He's had a great chance of a budget this year and not used it wisely. As othered have mentioned we look so weak in the belly when we go ahead which is classic Hurst of settling for a 2-1 lead rather than going for 3 or 4. I'm not calling for him to be sacked whatsoever as he is a 'steady' pair of hands but won't be the manager to get us promoted out of this division.

Not the managers fault when striker misses absolute sitter to wrap game up , some fans wont be happy till he gone so who do you want instead
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 162
AdamHaddock
October 7, 2023, 6:17pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Zmariner
A decent result and we have turned the tide. I think we will be up around the playoffs by the end of November and the moaners will be silenced. Paul Hursts black and white army
Utm

That may be a smidge optimistic, but yes the doom mongering is uncalled for

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 162
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2023, 6:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

And??

And what? We’re in a similar league position to where we were when Hurst took over.
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 162
October 7, 2023, 6:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Think that some town fans would back Mike Newell the way they speak like Hurst is the f×cking messiah. He's had a great chance of a budget this year and not used it wisely. As othered have mentioned we look so weak in the belly when we go ahead which is classic Hurst of settling for a 2-1 lead rather than going for 3 or 4. I'm not calling for him to be sacked whatsoever as he is a 'steady' pair of hands but won't be the manager to get us promoted out of this division.

And you know that how?

Reply: 143 - 162
GtfcGarner
October 7, 2023, 6:41pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from fishcake63

Not the managers fault when striker misses absolute sitter to wrap game up , some fans wont be happy till he gone so who do you want instead

Guess the manager is a genius then when Eisa scores worldies to win us games. You can spin the coin on both heads, we will be nothing other than a mid-table team under Hurst which alot of people seem happy with.

Me myself I'm not and feel like we can actually capitalise on what we have at the minute, Notts County are taking the p!ss scoring at a canter every week in the division according to some peoples 'settling time'. Not calling for the managers head at all just saying that we are standing still while Hurst is at the helm, a very steady Eddie but not the man to propel and push a football club to where they need to be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 162
ancientmariner54
October 7, 2023, 6:51pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from denni266
Well if we are counting on winning against teams below us  the chances are going to be slim.. Only 6 teams below us now  

There's a whole world beyond the end of your nose, if only you could see it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 162
chipsandgravy
October 7, 2023, 6:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,614
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from heppy88
I can be Hursts and the teams harshest critic, but I left that game dumbfounded with some of the boos at the end of the match. I thought it was an entertaining game with a much better performance than Tuesday.  There wasn’t a great deal to separate the two teams and a draw was a fair result. I guess some people will be on Hursts and the teams back whatever!

I was  behind some of them that booed the team at the end. There mostly just kids and judging by there ongoing commentary throughout the game they havent got much going on upstairs. Ignore them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 162
ancientmariner54
October 7, 2023, 6:54pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
4 points in 2 games. That'll do.

Promotion form.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 162
ancientmariner54
October 7, 2023, 6:55pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from GtfcGarner

Y3s he will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 162
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2023, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GtfcGarner

Guess the manager is a genius then when Eisa scores worldies to win us games. You can spin the coin on both heads, we will be nothing other than a mid-table team under Hurst which alot of people seem happy with.

Me myself I'm not and feel like we can actually capitalise on what we have at the minute, Notts County are taking the p!ss scoring at a canter every week in the division according to some peoples 'settling time'. Not calling for the managers head at all just saying that we are standing still while Hurst is at the helm, a very steady Eddie but not the man to propel and push a football club to where they need to be.

I don’t see us as anything better than mid table at best. There’s too many positions where our second option isn’t good enough. That’s down to the manager and the recruitment. I firmly believe that there comes a time when a manager reaches his ceiling and I think we’re nearing that stage. That’s not a judgement on this week’s results but we don’t seem to win when we play decent and we still don’t seem to be able to settle on a plan.
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 162
17 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Tranmere

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.