October 7, 2023, 5:32pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Hagrid

Are you allright?

He kept 2 up top today and went for it. Pyke missed a glorious chance and it wasnt until we went back to a 1 up top that we got control of the game again.

Jesus, over a dozen games into the season and he goes with 2 up front, may aswell call him the new Arrigo Sacchi. Football is a result business, not a game of if, buts or maybes. It's going to be another season of floating around mid-table, I'm aware alot of fans are very happy with that and content thinking that they owe Hurst something (and I don't know why). Won't get relegated under Hurst, but nor will we get promoted out of this division.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 162
AdamHaddock
October 7, 2023, 5:33pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
Frustrating not to win. We were cruising to a 2-1 win, Pyke has a chance to wrap it up from 6 yards but heads straight at the keeper. Then they go up the other end and score. Eisa had a shot deflected just wide. Granted we should have won but the reaction from a minority at the end was ridiculous.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 162
nickmariners
October 7, 2023, 5:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from denni266

So who`s fault is it then ? Are we just about where we was when Hurst came back ?  What happened then ?  Cannot believe how so many just cannot smell the coffee  

Thank goodness that we have your superior nasal power to sniff out these helpful expert insights Denni.

Otherwise we would be thinking that a win last week and an away draw today were great. And that promotion and the Cup run were fantastic, and that it's OK to enjoy watching Town.

Enjoy your Starbucks.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 162
nickmariners
October 7, 2023, 5:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from denni266

So who`s fault is it then ? Are we just about where we was when Hurst came back ?  What happened then ?  Cannot believe how so many just cannot smell the coffee  

[quote=1770]

Thank goodness that we have your superior nasal power to sniff out these helpful expert insights Denni.

Otherwise we would be thinking that a win last week and an away draw today were great. And that promotion and the Cup run were fantastic, and that it's OK to enjoy watching Town.

Enjoy your Starbucks.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 162
heppy88
October 7, 2023, 5:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
I can be Hursts and the teams harshest critic, but I left that game dumbfounded with some of the boos at the end of the match. I thought it was an entertaining game with a much better performance than Tuesday.  There wasn’t a great deal to separate the two teams and a draw was a fair result. I guess some people will be on Hursts and the teams back whatever!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 162
GhostDan
October 7, 2023, 5:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Another game we should have won but 4 points in a week is always a good thing.  I agree with the comment above, there’s a decent portion of the fan base who will never be fully behind Hurst, I will never be able to fathom it but everybody’s allowed an opinion.  Scrolling through Twitter in the second half today,  half of the tweets lambasting PH for not making changes, others having a go because he had - you can’t win.

I personally think we look much better with 3 in midfield,  on current form it would be Conteh, Holohan and Andrews. IMO that shape brings the best out of Conteh and Eisa who can be our difference makers.  I don’t buy into the argument that we’re too defensive in that shape, I actually think we create more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 162
headingly_mariner
October 7, 2023, 6:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Thought we played well today and created some good chances. They've scored 2 goals from very little.

Have to say although I think Pyke should have definitely scored a 2nd he appears to not be excrement.

Impressed with Andrews a bit deeper but get him off the free kicks and corners. Woeful.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 162
barralad
October 7, 2023, 6:05pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We’re in a similar league position to where we were when Hurst took over. I don’t think it needed a translator.

And??

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 162
Zmariner
October 7, 2023, 6:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
A decent result and we have turned the tide. I think we will be up around the playoffs by the end of November and the moaners will be silenced. Paul Hursts black and white army
Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 162
DB
October 7, 2023, 6:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
It was certainly a better performance than Tuesday. The team seem to have some confidence back and as mentioned above we have turned a corner.

I hope the distraction of playing Bradford in that cup match on Tuesday does not distract the team from this increase in performance. Tuesday is a pointless game as we are already out of this Mickey Mouse competition, but have to fulfil a fixture, and bring on the youth team.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 162
17 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Tranmere

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.