September 13, 2023, 1:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from wxm80s

All of a sudden I feel sleepy...

From what I've seen from the referees in this league so far the majority couldn't find their own bottom with both hands and are painfully inconsistent and incompetent. No better than the dreadful standard in the National league.

Sir Paul Mullin only plays the way any other professional footballer plays and that includes all of your strikers, who would take any opportunity presented to them to gain an advantage for their team. And they would be daft not to.
This faux morale high ground opposition fans take on this subject continues to be highly amusing due its its glass house nature.

This is just total boll0cks. There's plenty of evidence that he's far more of a cheat than your average player. Even just the last time we played you, he dived when virtually not touched to win a penalty and then punched another one in to the goal with his hand. Big nosed cheating pr1ck.

I'll rescind all of this and apologise profusely the next time one of our players dives for a penalty and punches the ball in DURING THE SAME GAME. Until then, Mullin is probably the biggest cheat in the lower leagues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 98
Maringer
September 13, 2023, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Mappers

I don't know ....

I think Danny Rose can be persuaded

And I like it

Much like Mullin a bit of a shi*house ,something we have missed for a long time.

Hmmm. I'm not really sure it's quite the same as Mullin is a player who gets into the box then chucks himself to the floor, whereas Rose is a player who tends to receive the ball with his back to goal and gets pushed and shoved around by bigger defenders. He might go down somewhat theatrically from time to time, but this is only to try and get the useless referees to penalise the opposition for foul play. I don't recall seeing him go down in the box like a sack of spuds to try and win a pen.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 98
Poojah
September 13, 2023, 1:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,550
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from mariner91

This is just total boll0cks. There's plenty of evidence that he's far more of a cheat than your average player. Even just the last time we played you, he dived when virtually not touched to win a penalty and then punched another one in to the goal with his hand. Big nosed cheating pr1ck.

I'll rescind all of this and apologise profusely the next time one of our players dives for a penalty and punches the ball in DURING THE SAME GAME. Until then, Mullin is probably the biggest cheat in the lower leagues.

To be fair, the ref (Herczeg) missed absolutely everything in that game. Beyond the Mullin dive and handball, he also completely overlooked Crocombe accidentally murdering Hosannah in the box in the first-half and Smith’s foul which paved the way for Waterfall’s winner. Shocking refereeing that we just about got away with on that occasion.

All that said, Mullin is without doubt a bigger cheat than the average bear. Of course, it’s all good when they’re wearing your shirt, but he’s not, so get can get fúcked.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 98
Posh Harry
September 13, 2023, 1:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,361
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Mappers

I don't know ....

I think Danny Rose can be persuaded

And I like it

Much like Mullin a bit of a shi*house ,something we have missed for a long time.

From what I have seen, rose goes down easily, mullin is an out and out diver.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 98
heppy88
September 13, 2023, 2:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Posh Harry

From what I have seen, rose goes down easily, mullin is an out and out diver.

Maybe, but I wish he would just stay on his legs, as a group of lads near me on Saturday were pleading with him. If your going to cheat then do it well. Rose's efforts at shithousery are just embarrassing at times and maybe I'm being old fashioned but it just doesn't seem the Grimsby way?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 98
ginnywings
September 13, 2023, 2:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,138
Gold Stars: 548
There's gaining an advantage, and there's blatant cheating. Mullin is in the Luis Suarez school.

The reaction of Waterfall when he scored told you all you need to know about what our players thought of Mullin that day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 98
Poojah
September 13, 2023, 2:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,550
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from ginnywings
There's gaining an advantage, and there's blatant cheating. Mullin is in the Luis Suarez school.

The reaction of Waterfall when he scored told you all you need to know about what our players thought of Mullin that day.

I was at the Racecourse that day, but having watched the game back at least 50 times, the image of Waterfall giving it back to Mullin and this poor chump are etched into my mind.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 98
Hagrid
September 13, 2023, 2:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,419
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from ginnywings

intercourse OFF intercourse OFF intercourse OFF brilliant reaction wasn't it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 98
wxm80s
September 13, 2023, 2:38pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 16
Blue skies and seagulls lads  

I'm looking forward to seeing all the Grimsby players showing off their halo's on Saturday, it'll be a rare treat.

Don't want to stir up anymore anger, but we have more than one 'shithouse' in our squad.
Tozer, O'Connell, McClean, Tunnicliffe, Cannon, Palmer and Fletcher are all capable at the art of sh!thousery. I'm just glad they play for my team now, as I went about 20 years watching us getting turned over by these exact types of players who you absolutely despise but secretly want.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 98
The Yard Dog
September 13, 2023, 3:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from mariner91

Mullins in the same mould as the lump that played for Lincoln
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Wrexham Saturday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.