Hagrid
September 9, 2023, 2:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
To a baking car

Feels like 2 points dropped which is seeming a recurring theme. Bradford were excrement and we limited them to 1 speculative effort till the goal.

1st half we bossed the game, played some really good stuff and scored a lovely goal and Bradford were boo’ed off

2nd half they had a rocket up their bottom and came out with a. Flurry of corners but created nothing.

I dont think we sat back as im sure some on the match thread will say, we soaked up the pressure well imo, had some half chances ourselves.

The goal came from our left, im sure some will give Efete grief but he isnt to blame, bloke had time and space to pick his spot on the edge of the box and it was a good finish.

Deserved 3 points in my opinion being the better of the 2 sides. But my only gripe is in 30 degree heat, we only make 2 subs when we looked shattered with 15 to go

Frustrated to not win, more due to how excrement Bradford were but they havent lost at home since March and we just cannot seem to hold a lead

MOM one of our two CB’s who were excellent, Ref was whistle and card happy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Chrisblor
September 9, 2023, 3:01pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,854
Gold Stars: 235
Tweet 1700500588797088163 will appear here...

Efete, Gnahoua, Clifton and Hurst all share blame for the equaliser, even if it was an excellent finish. Efete for being miles out of position in the first place, Gnahoua for turning his back on the ball in his own box and being too slow to react to the pass so he can't close down the shot in time, and Clifton for getting sold a dummy.

Tired decision making from Clifton and Gnahoua who were clearly both exhausted is why Hurst also has to take some blame because he's yet again let an opponent back in the game on a warm day (as he did against Mansfield) when our players have looked out on their feet and it's been very clear to anyone watching that we needed fresh legs on the pitch.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 69
It Bites
September 9, 2023, 3:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,205
Gold Stars: 265
Yeah the subs were my only gripe really but if we beat Crawley this will of been a good point . Anything can happen at Wrexham so I’m not going to guess on that one lol
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 69
barralad
September 9, 2023, 3:03pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
That is an excellent appraisal of events Hagrid in my humble opinion.
Can't add much other than to say Danny Rose must be a nightmare to play against. We haven't had someone so willing to get in the oppositions faces for years.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 69
Maringer
September 9, 2023, 3:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,534
Gold Stars: 185
Watching on telly, it was disappointing to see them equalise as they really hadn't laid a glove on us during the game, even when they won a flurry of corners at the start of the second half. The goal actually came after a rare occasion where Conteh lost possession in midfield - he'd won the tackle, but over-elaborated (for just about the first time in the match), lost the ball and they then broke forward quickly. Probably tiredness to blame, I suppose.

Am I the only one who thought we should have had a penalty about five minutes before their equaliser? Their goalscorer clearly missed the ball when he tried to tackle Rose in the box and knocked him over. The commentators were quick to dismiss it, but it seemed clear enough to me. I wasn't surprised it wasn't given, as the referee was letting them shove Rose around all the way through the game - when he wasn't whipping his card out to book one of our players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 69
Chrisblor
September 9, 2023, 3:11pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,854
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Maringer
Watching on telly, it was disappointing to see them equalise as they really hadn't laid a glove on us during the game, even when they won a flurry of corners at the start of the second half. The goal actually came after a rare occasion where Conteh lost possession in midfield - he'd won the tackle, but over-elaborated (for just about the first time in the match), lost the ball and they then broke forward quickly. Probably tiredness to blame, I suppose.

Am I the only one who thought we should have had a penalty about five minutes before their equaliser? Their goalscorer clearly missed the ball when he tried to tackle Rose in the box and knocked him over. The commentators were quick to dismiss it, but it seemed clear enough to me. I wasn't surprised it wasn't given, as the referee was letting them shove Rose around all the way through the game - when he wasn't whipping his card out to book one of our players.

It was certainly a foul on Rose, but the awful Andy Hinchcliffe needs his eyesight testing as he seemed to imagine the Bradford player got a non-existent touch on the ball before barging Rose over. Wasn't totally sure if contact continued into the area for it to have been a penalty, but at the very least it should have been a town free kick on the edge of the box. Rose flopping about all the time and trying to win free kicks when there hasn't been enough contact doesn't do us any favours though, especially against poor refs like the guy today who was never going to give a big decision like that against him.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 69
Limerick Mariner
September 9, 2023, 3:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,697
Gold Stars: 136
Result highlights the limitations of the squad. They were atrocious first half but we didn’t get enough runners ahead of the ball to get their defence turning. There was always going to be a reaction from them and our energy levels started to flag. We don’t have the really big lump up front to hold the ball and give us chance to get support runners. Left side is still a weakness and Holohan needed to come off after having done a decent job for 60 mins at 30c.

That said we look to have quality across the park but not the depth the change things when needed. Give us someone like Akins at Mansfield and we’d be more resilient at holding a lead. But we haven’t got that kind player and we are punching at least our weight and a bit above given that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 69
Rodley Mariner
September 9, 2023, 3:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I thought there was another shout for a pen for handball pretty soon after that as well. Hinchcliffe seemed to think he was on Radio Bradford.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 69
sonofmadeleymariner
September 9, 2023, 3:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
We outplayed a side, but a lack of bite and creativity really hurt us again today which sums the match up.

MadeleyMariner and I were both saying that an equalizer was coming, just because we hadn't put the game the bed you just knew it was going to happen, and then a series of unfortunate events happened RB was out of position while playing LB, a player who was looking knackered got sold a dummy and Gilliead of all players hits a cracker.

You could just see that was how the game was going to go

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 69
Mayaman
September 9, 2023, 3:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Maringer

Looked like it to me , especially in slow motion Defo penalty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 69
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.