7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
September 9, 2023, 7:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
As a snapshot and a tv spectacle I sort of took a freeze frame pause and thought - how much better things are; being involved in that game and nearly winning compared to a lot of the last few years when we’ve had to go to non league sheds and scratch around for points. The club is in such a better place and I’m really thankful for that. We could/should have won maybe but a good point on paper and some good stuff played in really testing conditions. Must have been so demanding to put in that amount of energy, especially off the ball, in that heat. Proud of all the players and fans today. Top effort.
UTM. Onwards….

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 69
IlkleyMariner
September 9, 2023, 7:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 69
First half we were allowed to play like Barcelona

Second half we were like  Grimsby Borough. Not being disrespectful but pretty near the mark

We have the makings of a good squad but stilll some fine tuning
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 69
The Caterham Mariner
September 9, 2023, 7:36pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +91
Gold Stars: 8
From my front row front seat at home...
I loved the first half  but waited for changes that would / could /should have made the 2nd half like the 1st half .
To be fair to both sides the heat was a serious factor .Phew . Great to hear town fans clear and proud on the telly I had the front room all to myself funnily enough.
UTM 2023--24

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 69
pontoonlew
September 9, 2023, 7:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
Fair play to the players playing in that, the walk to the train station killed me off.

We should’ve won but it felt like we gave Bradford a way back in the game by stopping the press immediately in the second half, I get it’s hot but if you start well in that first 10 mins I guarantee we don’t lose that game. The crowd got on side and they dominated as a result.

Really frustrating but it’s another game without a loss in an incredibly tough opening run of games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 69
chaos33
September 9, 2023, 8:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Massive crowd though. Gotta be a factor. For a minute I watched that game today and thought - this could be a Championship game in front of 20,000. Now, I know it isn’t. But it’s good to be playing Bradford City on Sky rather than Braintree or Maidenhead, when nobody cares. Sure, there’s lots to improve upon but it felt like we mattered again.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 69
lukeo
September 9, 2023, 8:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,378
Gold Stars: 148
Watched bits and bobs as im up in Grimsby visiting very elderly family. We looked to he in total domination from what I saw 1st half. 2nd half they took control, a shame we conceded so late but it's a good point away from home.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 69
headingly_mariner
September 9, 2023, 8:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,378
Gold Stars: 119
Gutted to leave with a point but convinced we are better than them.

Fully expect us to be top 7. We were really good first half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 69
Northbank Mariner
September 9, 2023, 8:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,493
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Brilliant first half.

Terrible second half.

Yet Hurst didn’t attempt to alter the match. The 2 subs were more to do with avoiding 2nd yellow cards than for a tactical reason.

I thought Holohan was generally terrible. Poor decision making, dawdling on the ball. Finding a solution in central midfield along side Conteh could be the key to us having a very, very good season.

9 points dropped from winning positions this season. And we’re 5 points from top. It’s starting to frustrate me how we can’t manage matches and see them out.

Sorry Golly but you are so wide of the mark re Holohan. He's given that midfield some bite and played pretty well. Harry Clifton however has not offered much at all this season bar the goal at NC, yes he runs his nads off and is black n white to the core but doesn't cut through defences, doesn't put searching balls into the box and still struggles to pass an accurate ball more than 5 yards..
Kick me as hard as you like but with Conteh and Holohan in the midfield Clifton becomes a passenger. It would be interesting to see if Ainley could offer more creativity in there and give Clifton a break..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 69
headingly_mariner
September 9, 2023, 8:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,378
Gold Stars: 119
In addition to me thinking we are class.

I was sad to hear the sectarian nonsense at half time. flipping the pope and the the IRA couldn't be further from our radar.  And the Tommy Robinson chants, you absolute whoppers.

Silly teenagers and adults that should know better.  You show us up, be better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 69
Limerick Mariner
September 9, 2023, 8:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Harry needs to be making runs into the box a lot more than he has been doing this season, and at 6ft 1 it would be good to see  Andrews doing that as an alternative.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.