7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
September 9, 2023, 3:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
I thought the ref let a lot go to keep the match flowing but agree he was a bit card happy.

Town dominated the 1st half and deserved a good goal from the impressive Rose.

2nd half was mostly Bradford after sparky changed their formation and to me it was only a matter of time before they would score.   BUT we got to the 89 min before they got one which was fair do's and a fair result based on the game overall.

To make the play offs or even better we need more fire power but we already knew that.

It was very hot out their and we did need fresh players on the pitch towards the end so surprised we did not have another couple come on . I was ok I had my fan on cool and curtains shutting the hot sun out.

Impressed with Conteh who isn't   we are not far away from being a top team lets hope we are blessed with a goalscorer from somewhere come the next window. Eisa, had a quite day so no bombs from him today.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 69
DB
September 9, 2023, 4:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,025
Gold Stars: 386
I wonder how many would have taken a draw before the match. The prediction thread showed out of about 44 predictions 12 went for the draw, 20 the win and 12 for a defeat.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 69
ska face
September 9, 2023, 4:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Absolutely fücking criminal to have just made the two subs in those conditions and with players clearly blowing out their arses. Rose in particular kept looking over to the bench only for Hurst to keep telling him to get up and keep going including just before the goal when he was so tired he just jumped into a tackle & got nowhere near it.

Holohan another one who looked like he needed a defibrillator near enough but we persisted and left two central midfielders on the bench. I’m seething John. Even Ainley must’ve been capable of 5 or 10 minutes? Frig me.

Worst Bradford side I’ve ever seen, absolutely hopeless in the first half and we scored a really good goal. A pro-active manager and promotion/play-off team puts three or four past them today & Hughes is signing on Monday morning.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 69
MuddyWaters
September 9, 2023, 4:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,261
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ska face
Absolutely fücking criminal to have just made the two subs in those conditions and with players clearly blowing out their arses. Rose in particular kept looking over to the bench only for Hurst to keep telling him to get up and keep going including just before the goal when he was so tired he just jumped into a tackle & got nowhere near it.

Holohan another one who looked like he needed a defibrillator near enough but we persisted and left two central midfielders on the bench. I’m seething John. Even Ainley must’ve been capable of 5 or 10 minutes? Frig me.

Worst Bradford side I’ve ever seen, absolutely hopeless in the first half and we scored a really good goal. A pro-active manager and promotion/play-off team puts three or four past them today & Hughes is signing on Monday morning.

Said as much on the match thread. Holohan and Rose were knackered after 70 minutes. Conditions were crying out for using all five substitutes.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 69
diehardmariner
September 9, 2023, 4:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
Incredibly difficult to even try and argue against the argument around making more changes.

I love this high press we play, it really suits our players. It's not just about Rose and the midfielders chasing down, it works so well with Rodgers and Maher stepping into midfield to intercept play, complimented by nice relationships formings with Conteh who drops in slightly to give them cover.

But it's demanding and you've gotta keep legs fresh, especially in that heat. Conteh faffs about before the goal, because he looks absolutely copulated. Their sub dominated him in the last 20 and took control of the midfield.

The goal itself saw tired players not sticking to task on the edge of the box.

Ainley, Andrews and Hunt could all have come on and just chased shadows for all I care, as long as they chased them away from our goal.  Yes, options are limited. But that's no excuse for giving sides an advantage by flogging players to the point of exhaustion.

We won't play in that heat every week, arguably not again all season. But if we can continue the way we're starting to press and dominate teams AND carrying it on for longer than 45 minutes, within that making sure we keep legs fresh, then we're not too far away. Add a little bit of cuteness and creativity and it's a very, very good side.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 69
HatTrickHero
September 9, 2023, 5:10pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from ska face

And for the umpteenth time the stat for the opposition's Shots on Target reads 1.
Feels like we're already sleepwalking to 'comfortable' mid-table come the season's end.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 69
GollyGTFC
September 9, 2023, 5:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
Brilliant first half.

Terrible second half.

Yet Hurst didn’t attempt to alter the match. The 2 subs were more to do with avoiding 2nd yellow cards than for a tactical reason.

I thought Holohan was generally terrible. Poor decision making, dawdling on the ball. Finding a solution in central midfield along side Conteh could be the key to us having a very, very good season.

9 points dropped from winning positions this season. And we’re 5 points from top. It’s starting to frustrate me how we can’t manage matches and see them out.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 69
Hagrid
September 9, 2023, 5:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,435
Gold Stars: 535
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Brilliant first half.

Terrible second half.

Yet Hurst didn’t attempt to alter the match. The 2 subs were more to do with avoiding 2nd yellow cards than for a tactical reason.

I thought Holohan was generally terrible. Poor decision making, dawdling on the ball. Finding a solution in central midfield along side Conteh could be the key to us having a very, very good season.

9 points dropped from winning positions this season. And we’re 5 points from top. It’s starting to frustrate me how we can’t manage matches and see them out.

Terrible? What a load of nonsense. Played well and has been a dam sight more consistent than Harry this season and again today. Looked copulated at 75 min but for god only knows what reason, Hurst didnt utilise the bench
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 69
LH
September 9, 2023, 5:36pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,532
Gold Stars: 173
The result in isolation was (probably) fair. We had a lot of the ball but didn’t do an awful lot with it in the final third bar the goal, they had a flurry of chances after half time and scored a perhaps a bit too easily. Factor in when they scored and it’s a disappointing result.

Another truly awful team who we’d have expected to be up there along with Salford and Gills. Have we overrated the difficulty of the division or are there a lot of slow starters this season? These dropped points are getting frustrating now but there’s still a long way to go.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 69
Limerick Mariner
September 9, 2023, 5:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from LH
The result in isolation was (probably) fair. We had a lot of the ball but didn’t do an awful lot with it in the final third bar the goal, they had a flurry of chances after half time and scored a perhaps a bit too easily. Factor in when they scored and it’s a disappointing result.

Another truly awful team who we’d have expected to be up there along with Salford and Gills. Have we overrated the difficulty of the division or are there a lot of slow starters this season? These dropped points are getting frustrating now but there’s still a long way to go.

Gills top. The next 3 will be up there at the end - Notts Mansfield and Franchise

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.