MuddyWaters
September 9, 2023, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,250
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Hagrid

Terrible? What a load of nonsense. Played well and has been a dam sight more consistent than Harry this season and again today. Looked copulated at 75 min but for god only knows what reason, Hurst didnt utilise the bench

I thought Gav was very good first half but didn’t seem to know what to do second half. Whether that was down to him or the fact we didn’t seem to have an answer to their change of shape, I don’t know.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 69
HatTrickHero
September 9, 2023, 5:48pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +779
Gold Stars: 25
I couldn't knock any of the players today, that heat was intense. It's more the overall gameplan  as we reach 80 minutes. Knock it into the corner if you're running time down but you need fresh legs and willing runners and Rose was shattered so the ball was mostly being worked into our box.
Maybe it's the combined defensive mentalities of our coaching crew,  but the much needed second goal and/or the clean sheet seems to foil us too regularly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 69
LH
September 9, 2023, 5:50pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,520
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Gills top. The next 3 will be up there at the end - Notts Mansfield and Franchise

They aren’t going to be able to rely on keeping a clean sheet to get a win vs any of them. Five 1-0 wins in seven games is quite a sequence really. Mansfield far and away the best team we’ve faced so far.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 69
LondonMariner43
September 9, 2023, 5:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,954
Gold Stars: 64
The consensus seems to be that Bradford were rubbish and we should have thrashed them.  There must be a reason why they are unbeaten in 10 or so home games? My read of it was that we played very well in the first half to dominate play but Bradford were still defensively strong and got some important interceptions in.  Second half they came out fighting and we dug deep and did well to get into the game eventually.  Bradford scored a good goal.  

Probably agree about the subs but the sort of player we needed was someone physical to impose more in midfield - Green maybe if he wasn’t injured.  For me the mistake was not having Khouri on the bench - he’s shown he can come on an impose himself at the end of a game - did he pick up a knock vs Barnsley?

It’s frustrating that we are giving away leads but from another perspective we are the only side in L2 that hasn’t gone behind first in a game.  That’s a welcome change from last season where we often went 0-1 down before starting to play.  So far, we’ve shown we can compete against the best teams in the league and as this squad continues to develop and players like Pyke, Wilson, Khan get full fitness, I think we will be contenders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 69
TAGG
September 9, 2023, 5:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,955
Gold Stars: 126

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 69
arryarryarry
September 9, 2023, 6:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from LondonMariner43
The consensus seems to be that Bradford were rubbish and we should have thrashed them.  There must be a reason why they are unbeaten in 10 or so home games? My read of it was that we played very well in the first half to dominate play but Bradford were still defensively strong and got some important interceptions in.  Second half they came out fighting and we dug deep and did well to get into the game eventually.  Bradford scored a good goal.  

Probably agree about the subs but the sort of player we needed was someone physical to impose more in midfield - Green maybe if he wasn’t injured.  For me the mistake was not having Khouri on the bench - he’s shown he can come on an impose himself at the end of a game - did he pick up a knock vs Barnsley?

It’s frustrating that we are giving away leads but from another perspective we are the only side in L2 that hasn’t gone behind first in a game.  That’s a welcome change from last season where we often went 0-1 down before starting to play.  So far, we’ve shown we can compete against the best teams in the league and as this squad continues to develop and players like Pyke, Wilson, Khan get full fitness, I think we will be contenders.

Plenty of Bradford fans on their forum saying they were rubbish.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 69
MuddyWaters
September 9, 2023, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,250
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from LondonMariner43

I know we’ve mostly played the top teams this season but I do think Bradford are the worst team we’ve played so far this season.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 69
ginnywings
September 9, 2023, 6:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
Frustrating and annoying to concede so late, but it was a classic game of two halves from two sides who aren't scoring many goals.

I'm not a betting man, but had I been, my money would have gone on a 1-1 scoreline.

Given the difficult start we all knew we had to the season, we've done pretty well I think, and I think we will get better too.

Signs are promising.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 69
VinnyGTFC
September 9, 2023, 6:42pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +124
Gold Stars: 20
My thoughts are. We are more structured than we've been for a long time. We look like a league one side more than a excrement kicking league 2 team
We are still a work in progress. Look how long Bradford have been at this level on a much bigger budget.
Emotionally of course it's 2 points dropped. But wait till this team click. Those draws will turn into wins.
Also a goalscorer in this league is so hard to find, and we do need one but so do half the league.
We have been on a downward spiral for twenty years, enjoy being competitive and seeing players like Conteh it could be so much worse as we have seen.I enjoyed watching us close down and keep possession and defending strongly. It's as much about football as whatever some of you are demanding, go and watch Man City if that's what you want week in /week out but this is a real football club trying to find it's way back and I personally have got a feel a lot more  of pride in  my club.rhan I have for many years
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 69
VinnyGTFC
September 9, 2023, 6:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +124
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I know we’ve mostly played the top teams this season but I do think Bradford are the worst team we’ve played so far this season.

Are they the worst or did we make them look average. Massive difference and if you can't see what we did to nullify them I can't help you
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.