7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
September 10, 2023, 8:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Weakened or not, Bradford didn’t look anything spectacular and Hughes’ body language all game, reaction to weird decisions and celebration for the goal said everything. He’s still a bad result from the sack, they just don’t look easy on the eye.

The one time we made a mistake/lost concentration cost us a deserved 3 points but we live and learn, and besides, we’d have taken a point before the game.

As for the morons and the wired sectarian singing, the dripping of fat right ideology into the minds of young football fans, we’ve seen it before, at a point when the country was in a similar position. Football has always mirrored society…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 69
Heisenberg
September 10, 2023, 8:37am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,069
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from aldi_01
Weakened or not, Bradford didn’t look anything spectacular and Hughes’ body language all game, reaction to weird decisions and celebration for the goal said everything. He’s still a bad result from the sack, they just don’t look easy on the eye.

The one time we made a mistake/lost concentration cost us a deserved 3 points but we live and learn, and besides, we’d have taken a point before the game.

As for the morons and the wired sectarian singing, the dripping of fat right ideology into the minds of young football fans, we’ve seen it before, at a point when the country was in a similar position. Football has always mirrored society…

Given the choice I’m 100% Rangers in the Auld Firm debate as I spent my childhood watching the news and seeing with my young eyes the IRA committing appalling atrocities, but where did the need for sectarian chanting come from yesterday?! What was the purpose?

I watched the game on TV and didn’t hear the chanting, but it’s a bit embarrassing to hear these reports.

I did hear the odd muted “scum” being shouted from someone sat near the commentators box so presumably it didn’t go down well with the locals. Weird though, as our fans usually let themselves down with chants about Peter Sutcliffe when in that neck mod the woods, but at least they didn’t resort to tragedy chanting about the obvious - that really wouldn’t be acceptable in any form.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 69
barralad
September 10, 2023, 8:53am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Heisenberg

Given the choice I’m 100% Rangers in the Auld Firm debate as I spent my childhood watching the news and seeing with my young eyes the IRA committing appalling atrocities, but where did the need for sectarian chanting come from yesterday?! What was the purpose?

I watched the game on TV and didn’t hear the chanting, but it’s a bit embarrassing to hear these reports.

I did hear the odd muted “scum” being shouted from someone sat near the commentators box so presumably it didn’t go down well with the locals. Weird though, as our fans usually let themselves down with chants about Peter Sutcliffe when in that neck mod the woods, but at least they didn’t resort to tragedy chanting about the obvious - that really wouldn’t be acceptable in any form.

There was no sectarian chanting that I can remember during the game. There was some in the food/drink area at H.T.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 69
DB
September 10, 2023, 9:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Btw had a chat with Gary Croft today. Nice bloke. JT missed the match due to an op.

I’m old enough to remember his debut for Town.  He is young enough to remember it too….

I hope JT gets over his op soon and is OK. The guy who replaced him on RH with Crofty was useless and partially blind. He reported on a totally different game from what I saw.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 69
chaos33
September 10, 2023, 9:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
If I’d heard Town fans chanting about the IRA, or Tommy Robinson or any other vile garbage I’d be out there like a shot.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 69
denni266
September 10, 2023, 9:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Woud have taken a draw yesterday all day before the game . But it was still 2 points lost because hurst wont put fresh legs on when needed. We played at a higher tempo first half and used a lot of energy in the heat . They did it the other way round and that was probably a good game plan knowing we would get tired and make mistakes. And in the knowlage that hurst wont use subs unless he realy has to injurys etc. Dont care what others think but hurst lost us the points and not for the first time either. Why moan about the amount of subs allowed when your not goin to use them anyway. If he does not trust them why bring them in to the club or put them on the bench. I would never give a job to anyone if i was not confident that they could do it . no point praying that they can
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 69
LondonMariner43
September 10, 2023, 9:46am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,955
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I know we’ve mostly played the top teams this season but I do think Bradford are the worst team we’ve played so far this season.

Or maybe we played so well in the first half that we made them looked poor?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 69
dapperz fun pub
September 10, 2023, 9:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,954
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from chaos33
If I’d heard Town fans chanting about the IRA, or Tommy Robinson or any other vile garbage I’d be out there like a shot.

You can’t attend many games then cos every large following we’ve taken anywhere in the country in recent times I’ve heard inflammatory singing , for balance though I was on train full of sheff Utd going down south last season and there repertoire of songs included anti ira and feck the pope
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 69
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 10, 2023, 9:49am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
OK, this was the first time I have seen Town for 90 minutes this season and I was watching on TV.

Bradford were not sh*t, they were very poor going forward but very organised in defence. We struggled to get the telling ball through them in the 1st half and the goal came from a high quality delivery.

They pummelled us for the 1st 15 minutes in the 2nd half but we grappled our way back in to it but couldn't get anything like the dominance we had in the 1st. They were marginally better than us in the 2nd overall.

Hughes' changes at half time changed the game. I agree that we needed to make changes to get fresh legs on as our players were knackered.

I'm surprised anyone says Holohan was poor. He is critical to this team doing the hard yards and the ugly stuff in midfield. He is our water carrier and every team needs a water carrier. Remember, he didn't start the first couple of games but we look better since he has got back in.

Sadly Clifton was invisible for most of the game.

Their goal was a really good finish that wouldn't have gone on another day.

First time I've seen Conteh for 90. Very very good.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 69
MuddyWaters
September 10, 2023, 9:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Or maybe we played so well in the first half that we made them looked poor?

We've not made anyone else look that poor.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.