Heisenberg
August 30, 2023, 7:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,056
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from gtfc98
First off I'm not a presenter of DN35, secondly f#ck off you miserable tw@ts slagging it off as "hap hazard" and "put together 5 minutes before". It's a few fans doing this for free, and a lot of people (including me) really enjoy the listen. I actually think it's the opposite and remarkably professional. Think back to the days of Compass FM which was apparently a commercial radio station!

I'll give the new pod a listen just because there's never enough GTFC content to be had, but the guys and gal at DN35 are doing a great job. The Brighton show was a particular highlight, and they've also had a lot of great interviews in the last year (more of those please!).

So in summary, in the words of Rob Scott; If you don't f#cking like it, don't f#cking listen.

Don’t get your knickers in a twist, I don’t listen, I’m just saying it’s not very good. I don’t care about production quality and stuff like that, I’m just saying what it is. God, there are some aggressive people on here!

Name calling, honestly.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 77
gtfc98
August 30, 2023, 7:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Heisenberg

Don’t get your knickers in a twist, I don’t listen, I’m just saying it’s not very good. I don’t care about production quality and stuff like that, I’m just saying what it is. God, there are some aggressive people on here!

Name calling, honestly.

Do you think it's nice to say something that Alex and the team spend a lot of time and effort on for free to contribute to GTFC is "not very good". I'd say you're the aggressive one here pal.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 77
toontown
August 30, 2023, 8:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
When I first discovered DN35 I went back and listened to all their historical episodes too, really enjoyed it. I still make sure to listen every week and like it but the nature of the pod has definitely changed to more chat amongst themselves and less discussion on Town.

However, its not really fair though to say, "excuse me can you continue to provide me with this product I like, for free, but just enjoy yourselves less whilst doing it could you." I'll be listening to both pods anyway, the more stuff on Town the better!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 77
mariner2000
August 30, 2023, 8:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I think you aren’t helping yourselves. It’s a minority view, but, I reckon those from the main stand and pontoon will feel aggrieved that their view isn’t deemed important.  

Well you know what that means....room for at least 3 more pods, 7 if you count the corners...!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 43 - 77
Heisenberg
August 30, 2023, 9:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,056
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from gtfc98

Do you think it's nice to say something that Alex and the team spend a lot of time and effort on for free to contribute to GTFC is "not very good". I'd say you're the aggressive one here pal.

What I’m saying is, I don’t think it’s for fans, I think it’s self indulgent for themselves, that’s all. We’ll agree to disagree.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 77
gtfc98
August 31, 2023, 7:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Thought TVFTF was a really good listen. Well done to the 3 lads involved. Thought the discussion about expected goals was interesting and worrying! Nice to hear the Bright lights again too. Re-living my youth there!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 77
Son of Cod
August 31, 2023, 9:10am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
On the xG discussion, it's almost as if those people who spent most of last season slating McAtee might have been wrong...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 77
spikelias
September 1, 2023, 7:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +22
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Heisenberg
I haven’t listened yet but absolutely I will do.

Let me just clarify my criticism of DN35. Firstly, I’ve only listened to it twice.

Secondly, I’m a man of a certain age and l, other than Athletico Mince (which is astonishing thanks to the legend that is Bob Mortimer) have never listened to a single other podcast (I didn’t know DN35 wasn’t even new, but people have mentioned they were listening to it during Covid…).

Thirdly, I just thought the ones i listened to sounded like a group of mates telling in-jokes and not getting round to discussing football. It sounded like it wasn’t for outsiders, like it was a closed-shop and I was too late to the party.

Finally, there just wasn’t enough talk about Town.

I hope people can see that I’ve only heard a snapshot and maybe my lack of listening probably hasn’t given me a decent overview.

But I definitely thought it was rubbish.

I don't get this. You've listened to it twice, say it's rubbish, then hope people understand your viewpoint? Based on that maybe tone down your comments, if you don't appreciate the negativity coming back at you.

I do agree with some of your points, especially not being from Grimsby, but it feels less of a closed-shop the more you listen/watch. Just like other media.

You mention Covid and lockdown and it's a shame you couldn't access this Pod then as it was brilliant. Engaging fans with the bull that was going on with Fenty, Holloway and May, plus missing the connection of not being at games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 77
Yarborough Vaults
September 3, 2023, 8:58am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Finally got to listen to the first edition of VFTF after Podbean took a while to list it. Very enjoyable, well done all.

Felt a bit old when favourite games listed were all quite recent (though they're among my best too), but favourite kits talk was brilliant. The comment that one of the classics would probably get moans these days was very pertinent.

This and DN35 are great to feed the Town addiction between games. As someone mentioned further up on this thread, they keep the spirit of SWWF alive.  Keep em coming!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 77
jamesgtfc
September 3, 2023, 10:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
I'm 33 and to hear someone say Alan Connell is their favourite player made me feel old. Decent listen though.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › View From The Findus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.