aldi_01
August 29, 2023, 3:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah
Not that this place has ever been renowned for its universal, unwavering optimism, but there’s been some real negative nellies on here of late.

“Boo, I know the new third kit was designed by a literal child and all that, but I’m going to say I think it’s shít regardless and hereby REFUSE to buy it (even though I wasn’t going to buy it anyway)”

“Boo, our new signing’s not a striker and he looks like an extra from Breaking Bad”

“Boo, long-running amateur Town podcast is ‘drivel’ and lacks professional production values - this new one better not be shít too”

A little bit of constructive feedback, delivered in the right way and in the right spirit is never a bad thing, but perhaps a modicum of personal introspection would be a better channeling of time and energy than serving up spiteful criticism of those having a go on behalf of the club, or those yet to have had the opportunity to do so.

Christ.

Boooo, flipping people being balanced and pragmatic, boo…I want over reaction…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 77
Fenners
August 29, 2023, 3:11pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +134
Gold Stars: 20
I keep getting strangers coming up to me in pub toilets of Grimsby/Cleethorpes or somewhere we are playing and telling me how much they like it or joining in with the ongoing banter. Something is going right ha!!!

Good luck in the new venture and don't take the words of others too seriously positive or negative!! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 77
Mikey_345
August 29, 2023, 3:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Fenners
I keep getting strangers coming up to me in pub toilets

Erm… 😂

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 77
BobbyCummingsTackle
August 29, 2023, 3:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from Fenners
I keep getting strangers coming up to me in pub toilets of Grimsby/Cleethorpes

I got that too until I stopped wearing the leather chaps and shaved off the droopy moustache.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 77
Sandford1981
August 29, 2023, 3:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59

I got that too until I stopped wearing the leather chaps and shaved off the droopy moustache.

Ah that explains it, I thought I’d not seen you for a while!!!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 77
DB
August 29, 2023, 4:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 387
At the end of the day, these guys are producing podcasts as a hobby to broadcast Town far and wide. I don't listen to podcasts very often, but anything that promotes Town and creates interest in our club has to be great.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 77
lukeo
August 29, 2023, 4:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,377
Gold Stars: 148
Never been a big podcast fan but in the last few months have flicked onto DNs and overall its OK. Sometimes it's been great and I've messaged in etc. I appreciate anyone who takes time out to do things like this.
Good luck to the lads setting up this new one. I will try to listen to the odd one like I do DN35
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 77
moosey_club
August 29, 2023, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,269
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Poojah
Not that this place has ever been renowned for its universal, unwavering optimism, but there’s been some real negative nellies on here of late.

“Boo, I know the new third kit was designed by a literal child and all that, but I’m going to say I think it’s shít regardless and hereby REFUSE to buy it (even though I wasn’t going to buy it anyway)”

“Boo, our new signing’s not a striker and he looks like an extra from Breaking Bad”

“Boo, long-running amateur Town podcast is ‘drivel’ and lacks professional production values - this new one better not be shít too”

A little bit of constructive feedback, delivered in the right way and in the right spirit is never a bad thing, but perhaps a modicum of personal introspection would be a better channeling of time and energy than serving up spiteful criticism of those having a go on behalf of the club, or those yet to have had the opportunity to do so.

Christ.

Your posts aren't as funny as they used to be either.

😄

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 77
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 29, 2023, 5:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
I think you aren’t helping yourselves. It’s a minority view, but, I reckon those from the main stand and pontoon will feel aggrieved that their view isn’t deemed important.  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 77
Yarborough Vaults
August 29, 2023, 6:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
I really enjoy DN35, and will give this new one a listen... the more Town the better.
I do miss that Tom fella though, he used to crack me up with his responses when others were being negative.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › View From The Findus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.