8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
August 15, 2023, 9:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,427
Gold Stars: 534
Well throughly enjoyed that. Thought we played some good stuff against a surprisingly poor Salford who had only one game plan which was to thump it up to Smith.

Holohan in the 10 role really worked, supported well by Eisa and Gnahoua who had their best games in town shirts so far.

Conteh and Harry back central dominated the middle with conteh in particular catching the eye.

Danny Amos my MOM, didnt put a foot wrong and makes himself undroppable for Saturday, really pleased for Danny, he’s a genuinely nice lad.

Great to get that win on the board, in front of the home fans, hope we can build on that on Saturday, another tough test
Logged Online
Private Message
fishcake63
August 15, 2023, 10:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Agree on amos thought he was outstanding , some good performances tonite & all put a shift in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 76
Mappers
August 15, 2023, 10:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
The intensity of our press was spot on tonight .

Eisa is a great player aslong as he stays fit .

Conteh will make us more money than the cup run at some point .

Amos was superb , and the rest of the back 4 solid .

I thought Holahan was back to his better self , Clifton was his usual busy self as was Rose .

We are a better team at this moment in time without Hunt & Glennon in it IMO .

So all in all a good night , but another 6 tough tough games on paper - a win on the board takes the pressure off somewhat - I would take a point on Saturday but who knows what will happen ; it's a yo yo league as you see with all the results tonight .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 76
hampshiremariner
August 15, 2023, 10:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,052
Gold Stars: 35
Brilliant stuff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 76
buckstown
August 15, 2023, 10:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
The world is a better place tonight, think we were better and Salford were bang average, even with eleven.
Amos was never under pressure but did his job well and Gav did the business on his recall
Cute finishing from Eisa and just a shame we couldn’t get a couple more as Salford lost the plot
Just a word about the away attendance - shocking
90 for a fairly close away game is embarrassing. The sooner they’re back where they belong the better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 76
MuddyWaters
August 15, 2023, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
Change of system to one holding from two worked wonders. Took a few minutes for us to settle but it enabled us to press far more effectively.

Obvious contenders for MoM were Amos, Conteh and the magnificent Rodgers. But big praise for the indefatigable Danny Rose and Gnahoua who worked very hard tonight. Mansfield present another strong test on Saturday but it should show us how much progress we’re making..
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 76
lukeo
August 15, 2023, 10:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Echo the above.
Amos brilliant throughout except for his dead balls. Back 4 all had decent games, Eastwood did what he needed to do, Clifton the secret assassin. Wasn't mention massively throughout but was always in and around the action. Much better from both wide players. Holohan stepped up and played very well moving forward. Lastly, my motm, Conteh. The guy oozes class. He will pick the ball up anywhere on the park with a man right up behind him and 99% of the time he will make a successful pass/move.
Well done town. Hope PH keeps this system moving forward, much prefer it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 76
Mappers
August 15, 2023, 10:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Change of system to one holding from two worked wonders. Took a few minutes for us to settle but it enabled us to press far more effectively.

Obvious contenders for MoM were Amos, Conteh and the magnificent Rodgers. But big praise for the indefatigable Danny Rose and Gnahoua who worked very hard tonight. Mansfield present another strong test on Saturday but it should show us how much progress we’re making..

I agree with Rose , he's the unsung type - he's been superb all 3 games tbf playing that role against big lumps can't be easy but he seems to manage it - I'm hoping Pyke/Wilson will be capable to come in for some games because 46 games of that workload/role would be a lot for him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 76
LH
August 15, 2023, 10:41pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,529
Gold Stars: 173
Very pleasing reaction to Saturday although Salford were absolutely crap. Good performances from everyone and great to see Eisa open his account (©️ Jeff Stelling). Big performance from Amos at just the time we needed it. Conteh is going to play at a very high level, very quickly so enjoy him.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 76
ginnywings
August 15, 2023, 10:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
All hail the tinker man.

A solid, rather than spectacular performance, with all parts of the team working well and working together.

Salford were surprisingly dull given the players they have at their disposal and I never felt we were under any undue pressure all night. Of course the sending off blunted them a bit more, but I thought we were comfortable even when they had 11 on the pitch and think we would still have won.

The defence were great, apart from Waterfall occasionally wanting to make a game of it by presenting them with the ball 2 or 3 times in dangerous areas, but I can only remember one serious save from Eastwood all night and that was from a direct free kick.

The midfield were on it all night and the forwards worked their nuts off. Conteh is a special player and I don't know how we managed to snaffle him with other teams in the hunt, but I'm glad we did.

No one had a bad game tonight and it was a great team effort.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 76
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.