Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kits
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 151 Guests

Kits

This thread currently has 30,639 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
June 18, 2023, 9:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,655
Gold Stars: 147
What about those that did the shirt sleeve for the FA Cup..could they be potential sponsors for this season in some capacity? Shirt sleeve/shorts ..?

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 252
GollyGTFC
June 18, 2023, 9:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,967
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from HertsGTFC

But unlike Fenty don't you think they've earned a bit of trust?

No.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 252
GollyGTFC
June 18, 2023, 9:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,967
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from aldi_01
Either way, it’ll be stripes, pretty unimaginative and not available in long sleeves…

Wrong. This coming season we will be wearing vertical hoops instead of stripes.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 252
jamesgtfc
June 18, 2023, 9:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
I don't think it's fair to level the due diligence card at the board regards myenergi. They are a young company which brings a level of risk and they have grown very aggressively which adds risk. They have however been backed by Terry League. As a young company, redundancies are more concerning than when they are made by Young's. 100 jobs under threat at myenergi is a quarter of their workforce, whilst 285 at Young's Marston Road is a much smaller proportion of their workforce.

There are huge problems with clothing supply chains and the big clubs obviously take priority as they sell more shirts. Barnsley played their first friendly against Worksop last season in their 2021/22 Puma away kit due to delays with their new one. I understand why we might not have it yet, but surely we could have seen it and given people a chance to pre-order it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 252
Poojah
June 18, 2023, 9:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,541
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I don't think it's fair to level the due diligence card at the board regards myenergi. They are a young company which brings a level of risk and they have grown very aggressively which adds risk. They have however been backed by Terry League. As a young company, redundancies are more concerning than when they are made by Young's. 100 jobs under threat at myenergi is a quarter of their workforce, whilst 285 at Young's Marston Road is a much smaller proportion of their workforce.

There are huge problems with clothing supply chains and the big clubs obviously take priority as they sell more shirts. Barnsley played their first friendly against Worksop last season in their 2021/22 Puma away kit due to delays with their new one. I understand why we might not have it yet, but surely we could have seen it and given people a chance to pre-order it?

There are Premier League clubs that haven’t revealed or released their new kits yet. We’re still 7 weeks away from the start of the season; I don’t think it’s particularly unusual or concerning.

They’ll be released in the next couple of weeks.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 252
arryarryarry
June 18, 2023, 9:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Of course a Football Club should do due diligence on any company they may be hand in hand with especially something as major as shirt sponsorship.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 252
HerveJosse
June 18, 2023, 10:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from arryarryarry

Of course a Football Club should do due diligence on any company they may be hand in hand with especially something as major as shirt sponsorship.

True but as HSBC were happy to loan them £30m as recently as this April according to press reports it’s unlikely any DD undertaken last summer would have thrown up a problem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 252
jamesgtfc
June 18, 2023, 11:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from arryarryarry

Yes they should, but I don't think this a sponsorship you can suggest a lack of due diligence over. As a relatively young company in a volatile industry, they are obviously at risk of going pop but banks are happy to lend them significant money and Terry Leahy backed them.

There are a few signs that point to there being a potential wobble with our shirt sponsorship, and I think it's fair that a few of us are concerned about that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 252
HerveJosse
June 19, 2023, 7:20am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Leahy is an avid Everton fan probably still reeling from those two defeats in the seventies and eighties and put his foot down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 252
jimgtfc
June 19, 2023, 8:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,089
Gold Stars: 45
I’m not too concerned about MyEnergi, friend of mine works for them and he says they’re flat out most of the time and it was the temps that haven’t been kept on. My main issue is with Macron, they seriously need to up their game / sort out their issues regarding getting supplies to clubs, otherwise clubs won’t be renewing their agreements.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 252
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kits

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.