Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kits
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 194 Guests

Kits

This thread currently has 30,637 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
June 18, 2023, 2:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,928
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from It Bites

This is a place for conversation. You know , like having a chat down the pub with your mates . It's not bashing , we all love the club , it's just chatter . Just because it's being published on here doesn't make it any different.

Don’t disagree.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 252
aldi_01
June 18, 2023, 2:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Either way, it’ll be stripes, pretty unimaginative and not available in long sleeves…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 252
Poojah
June 18, 2023, 2:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500
I miss the days when the club would sign 6-figure sponsorship deals with random, low ranking employees of public limited companies.

[img]https://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39216000/jpg/_39216965_shirt203_grimsby.jpg[/img]

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 252
diehardmariner
June 18, 2023, 6:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Poojah
I miss the days when the club would sign 6-figure sponsorship deals with random, low ranking employees of public limited companies.

[img]https://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39216000/jpg/_39216965_shirt203_grimsby.jpg[/img]

Ahem, I think you're forgetting the value of having said company logo sprawled across the front of a home-made shirt that was so resistant to water that it could have been used as a kayak.

I'm sure the club at the time tried to spin it as they were hoping other clubs would end up buying kits from GTS!
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 252
GollyGTFC
June 18, 2023, 7:03pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If I was thin skinned I wouldn’t come on here, I just don’t get why “some” people (not loads) just jump at every opportunity.

People have the right to be concerned when there is something to be concerned about, though our shirt sponsor has had to make people redundant which isn’t good there may not be a direct impact on GTFC, we just don’t know, the club may have a plan B. Just because we haven’t released a shirt yet there is an assumption that it’s down to the sponsors, it may well be but we’ll only get to know when there is something to know.

Completely agree that we should have a lucrative shirt sponsor and I wouldn’t be bothered if it came with stadium naming rights but why some can’t just let 1878 get in with it amazes me.

Sorry, fans have a right to scrutinise 1878 just as much as we did Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 252
arryarryarry
June 18, 2023, 7:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If I was thin skinned I wouldn’t come on here, I just don’t get why “some” people (not loads) just jump at every opportunity.

People have the right to be concerned when there is something to be concerned about, though our shirt sponsor has had to make people redundant which isn’t good there may not be a direct impact on GTFC, we just don’t know, the club may have a plan B. Just because we haven’t released a shirt yet there is an assumption that it’s down to the sponsors, it may well be but we’ll only get to know when there is something to know.

Completely agree that we should have a lucrative shirt sponsor and I wouldn’t be bothered if it came with stadium naming rights but why some can’t just let 1878 get in with it amazes me.

I can't remember if it was advertising tickets for the Gy Boro game or the Clee Town match but the club showed a picture of a Town shirt with the current shirt sponsor details covered over by the match tickets which wasn't subtle.

If the sponsorship was supposed to be for three seasons and the Company is in trouble, was enough due diligence done by GTFC?
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 252
Poojah
June 18, 2023, 7:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500
I can’t comment on the goings on at Myenergi, but it’s probably worth noting that last season’s home shirt wasn’t revealed until 30th June. There are probably a number of factors which dictate when a club receives their allocation of replica kit from suppliers, one of them almost certainly cost (with clubs paying a premium to be sooner off the production line), but I don’t see the lack of announcement so far as any indication of issues with the club’s main sponsor.

Realistically, it makes no material difference whether kit is made available for sale in late May or mid-July - patterns from last season suggest shirts and other merchandise will sell well and probably outstrip supply.

I am fairly confident that due diligence will have been done with regard to Myenergi’s ability to honour the full-term of any sponsorship deal, and even though no amount of DD can offer full protection (especially in such volatile economic times), I would like to think that any fatal issues would have been made public by the club by now.

I suspect we’ll see the new home shirt inside the next fortnight, and I’d be surprised if the Myenergi logo wasn’t on it.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 252
Heisenberg
June 18, 2023, 7:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,047
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Yes, as long as payments from myenergi are received the deal is for 3 seasons.

That his a fair enough assessment! No guarantees, obviously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 252
HertsGTFC
June 18, 2023, 8:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,928
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Sorry, fans have a right to scrutinise 1878 just as much as we did Fenty.

But unlike Fenty don't you think they've earned a bit of trust?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 252
Southwark Mariner
June 18, 2023, 8:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
I had in the back of my mind that Jason Stockwood was an investor in myenergi ( I could be wrong). If he was, it's in his interest to help them out with national publicity. Not a massive cost to him putting them on the shirt of his football club. Again...I could have made this up as I can't find any mention of it online.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 252
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kits

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.