Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kits
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 125 Guests

Kits

This thread currently has 30,655 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
June 18, 2023, 10:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Heisenberg

People need to chill out about this MyEnergi thing. Yes, they’re cutting staff, but they had a boom and now they’re on a slight downturn. They’re going from 400 to 300 employees, and the extra 100 were, by all accounts, largely temporary due to the boom they had. No biggy, although a downer for those let go.

I have no affiliation with them, but I’d imagine they’re still in a good place financially. That new factory they’re building is proper, and won’t come cheap. I’m assuming they’re a solid bet.

I'm afraid it's far more drastic than that especially the production staff. It's an absolute shambles and a lot of good people have been let down by poor management. Not the first and won't be the last to suffer that fate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 252
It Bites
June 18, 2023, 12:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,222
Gold Stars: 265
This is why I asked the question. I thought it was a one year deal too ?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 252
HertsGTFC
June 18, 2023, 12:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Another opportunity for people to bash the club for something that I believe they’ll be working hard on.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 252
MuddyWaters
June 18, 2023, 1:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Another opportunity for people to bash the club for something that I believe they’ll be working hard on.

I don't think anyone is 'bashing the club' - I'm pretty concerned that Myenergi isn't going to be in a position to renew.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 252
HertsGTFC
June 18, 2023, 1:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don't think anyone is 'bashing the club' - I'm pretty concerned that Myenergi isn't going to be in a position to renew.

Some are on other platforms and will continue to pick at anything.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 252
Heisenberg
June 18, 2023, 1:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 93
Wasn’t it a 3 year deal?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 252
GollyGTFC
June 18, 2023, 1:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,972
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from HertsGTFC

What are you banging on about? You appear to be extremely thin skinned on a constant basis on behalf of the club.

Given last season’s success and exposure I would hope we would be able to secure a far more lucrative front of shirt deal than the one we had last season with myenergi whether that he with a new sponsor or with myenergi remaining as shirt sponsor for next season.

People have a right to be concerned about the financial implications to the club of the apparent imminent collapse of the main sponsor. And doubly so when we’ll potentially all be buying shirts with a sponsor that might change during the season (or before it) if the worst happens.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 252
GollyGTFC
June 18, 2023, 1:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,972
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Heisenberg
Wasn’t it a 3 year deal?

Yes, as long as payments from myenergi are received the deal is for 3 seasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 252
It Bites
June 18, 2023, 2:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,222
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from HertsGTFC

This is a place for conversation. You know , like having a chat down the pub with your mates . It's not bashing , we all love the club , it's just chatter . Just because it's being published on here doesn't make it any different.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 252
HertsGTFC
June 18, 2023, 2:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

What are you banging on about? You appear to be extremely thin skinned on a constant basis on behalf of the club.

Given last season’s success and exposure I would hope we would be able to secure a far more lucrative front of shirt deal than the one we had last season with myenergi whether that he with a new sponsor or with myenergi remaining as shirt sponsor for next season.

People have a right to be concerned about the financial implications to the club of the apparent imminent collapse of the main sponsor. And doubly so when we’ll potentially all be buying shirts with a sponsor that might change during the season (or before it) if the worst happens.

If I was thin skinned I wouldn’t come on here, I just don’t get why “some” people (not loads) just jump at every opportunity.

People have the right to be concerned when there is something to be concerned about, though our shirt sponsor has had to make people redundant which isn’t good there may not be a direct impact on GTFC, we just don’t know, the club may have a plan B. Just because we haven’t released a shirt yet there is an assumption that it’s down to the sponsors, it may well be but we’ll only get to know when there is something to know.

Completely agree that we should have a lucrative shirt sponsor and I wouldn’t be bothered if it came with stadium naming rights but why some can’t just let 1878 get in with it amazes me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 252
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kits

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.