Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kits
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 85 Guests

Kits

This thread currently has 30,799 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
June 29, 2023, 9:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 540
Quoted from Chrisblor

They were all over it when we made the FA Cup QF - doubt Atherton Collieries have ever managed to get an idiosyncratically written feature about them on the Macron website - https://www.macron.com/uk/news/grimsby-town-when-football-can-still-make-us-dream

https://twitter.com/MacronSports/status/1659556391294574594

Quoted Text
BECOME YOUR OWN HERO
Never before has the spirit of the Macron Hero, emblazoned on Grimsby Town FC shirts, conveyed its message like in this beautiful football story. Spirit of sacrifice, passion, commitment, and determination to achieve a goal. No one is born a hero, but they can become one, just as the boys of the English club and their fans did.

Yeah, I'm getting off.
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 252
Blundellite
June 29, 2023, 9:42am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +82
Gold Stars: 18
I know it's not arrived yet but what's stopping them showing us a preview image of what it actually looks like?
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 252
gtfc_chris
June 29, 2023, 9:50am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Blundellite
I know it's not arrived yet but what's stopping them showing us a preview image of what it actually looks like?

I know we're not the only club not to have released their kit yet, so I'm not overly concerned or worried about it. I do wonder however, whether the longer the wait, the greater the anticipation and - hopefully - the greater the demand is all part of the design in delaying any form of preview or announcement.

I don't for one second think the club would do it from a level of disdain for the fans, but keeping them in suspense in order to create a 'higher than normal' burst of activity on shirt sales wouldn't be a poor marketing strategy from a business perspective. I think they'll want to do everything in their power to maintain the fantastic ST sales of last year (which already looks the case) and also with shirt sales. If last seasons boom was a one-off then it isn't going to help. It needs a sustained change in thought process from fans to become an annual desire/rush to get those STs and shirts as early as possible.

On that similar train of thought, I'm also curious to see whether they order more shirts than last season or again create a supply and demand type scenario that increases that desirability.

Either way and whatever ends up being the case I can't wait for them to be out and try and get my hands on one!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 252
bigdavemariner
June 29, 2023, 9:56am
UTM
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 4
Was only talking about this the other day with a mate. Every year we do the big kit launch and wait for the social media posts and videos. Personally I like all that and think it adds a really positive image to the club and I'm all for it.

However, in terms of the commercial aspect, we're missing a trick. The kit must be designed and agreed between the club and Macron as early as maybe March/April time. Why don't the club release the images of the kit then and open up a pre-order process for fans? Last year we ran out of every shirt on the first day of sales for every kit because the club hadn't anticipated how many fans would be buying one, and the order hadn't been placed for sufficient numbers with Macron in time. If we had the shirts on pre-order/sale as soon as the design is agreed, then the club are better informed as to how many need ordering and in which sizes, ready for kit launch day.

I may be over simplifying this, but it would let us order the correct number of kits to meet demand, whilst also giving us enough surplus stock to have in the club shop for those that wait until closer to the new season or dropping in to buy one.

I know it moves away from the big social media release, but with anything a business does on social media, whilst it's great for our image, exposure and engagement, the end goal is surely to make us money and increase revenue. The fancy shirt launch can still take place and have the official videos come out which we all look forward to, but give us a 3D Mockup/Design (should look ace these days and not some crappy 2D drawing done in paint) that allows fans to see the design early, place an order, secure their shirt, allow the club to place the right sized order with Macron and ultimately don't miss out on sales/revenue.

Gary Lump Lump Lump!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 252
OddShapedBalls
June 29, 2023, 10:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
I reckon the 'new stripes' thing is actually referring to our new away kit, which will be an imitation of our greatest ever away kit the blue striped food town one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 252
Blundellite
June 29, 2023, 10:43am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +82
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from bigdavemariner
Was only talking about this the other day with a mate. Every year we do the big kit launch and wait for the social media posts and videos. Personally I like all that and think it adds a really positive image to the club and I'm all for it.

However, in terms of the commercial aspect, we're missing a trick. The kit must be designed and agreed between the club and Macron as early as maybe March/April time. Why don't the club release the images of the kit then and open up a pre-order process for fans? Last year we ran out of every shirt on the first day of sales for every kit because the club hadn't anticipated how many fans would be buying one, and the order hadn't been placed for sufficient numbers with Macron in time. If we had the shirts on pre-order/sale as soon as the design is agreed, then the club are better informed as to how many need ordering and in which sizes, ready for kit launch day.

I may be over simplifying this, but it would let us order the correct number of kits to meet demand, whilst also giving us enough surplus stock to have in the club shop for those that wait until closer to the new season or dropping in to buy one.

I know it moves away from the big social media release, but with anything a business does on social media, whilst it's great for our image, exposure and engagement, the end goal is surely to make us money and increase revenue. The fancy shirt launch can still take place and have the official videos come out which we all look forward to, but give us a 3D Mockup/Design (should look ace these days and not some crappy 2D drawing done in paint) that allows fans to see the design early, place an order, secure their shirt, allow the club to place the right sized order with Macron and ultimately don't miss out on sales/revenue.

Excellent idea makes total sense plus money will already be banked via deposits or full payment
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 252
MuddyWaters
June 29, 2023, 12:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Blundellite

Totally agree, hopefully it's not as a result of any commercial decision that's led us to make a late change.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 252
jamesgtfc
June 29, 2023, 12:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
The Nike kits had Young's applied as a poor quality vinyl done with a heat press. Unsure whether Nike or the club applied the sponsor but they were definitely "off the shelf" kits. The myenergi logo was in the fabric of last season's shirt which means there is at least some level of customisation offered to us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 252
heppy88
June 29, 2023, 2:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from bigdavemariner

De dar de dar de dar COMMON SENSE ALERT. REMOVE FROM THE FISHY IMMEDIATELY!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 252
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 29, 2023, 2:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,977
Gold Stars: 184
Am sat waiting for a train bored so decided to have a look at other macron kits that town could perhaps use. I ‘rearranged’ this one from udinese though possibly too much red!

Attachment: img_4213_6137.jpeg
Size: 201.04 KB

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 252
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kits

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.