7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Sir Matt Tease
April 11, 2023, 9:15am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +293
Gold Stars: 31
After having watched the mighty mariners smash and grab at Doncaster yesterday, I watched the highlights of the Wrexham v Notts Co game.

Whilst having to admit that Paul Mullin is a very good striker I'd forgotten what a cheating bar steward he actually is.

Having conned the referee into giving a penalty against us, yesterday he was at his theatrical best.

Some of his antics in the box yesterday were just totally embarrassing.

What a prize tw*t !!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
April 11, 2023, 9:38am
Guest User
I suspect Luke Waterfall is looking forward to renewing his acquaintance with Paul rather more than Paul is.  
Reply: 1 - 61
Mariner93er
April 11, 2023, 9:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
I watched the highlights this morning and thought the same. Constantly throwing himself to the floor. I never understand why the refs don't book players for diving in those situations.

I'm happy for Wrexham who have endured the depths of the national League for far too long, but their style of play under Parkinson is horrible to watch. Just hoof it in behind or launch a throw into the box. I suppose it works but let's be honest, if they didn't have a team of league 1 quality players, Parkinson would be out of a job by now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 61
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 11, 2023, 11:42am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
I watched the second half live and it was entertaining stuff but hardly high quality. County looked the better side in terms of football but lacked a bite up front (which could have been due to Wrexham's defending). Wrexham did look dangerous when they got the ball out to the wings or to Mullin.

Some of the defending from both teams was Keystone Cops stuff.

But,

One of the commentators said that either of these teams could hold their own in League 1!!!!!!

Both would need much more quality to be able to do that, it was either a stupid or naive comment.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 61
Poojah
April 11, 2023, 12:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,727
Gold Stars: 1,508
I watched the second half live and it was entertaining stuff but hardly high quality. County looked the better side in terms of football but lacked a bite up front (which could have been due to Wrexham's defending). Wrexham did look dangerous when they got the ball out to the wings or to Mullin.

Some of the defending from both teams was Keystone Cops stuff.

But,

One of the commentators said that either of these teams could hold their own in League 1!!!!!!

Both would need much more quality to be able to do that, it was either a stupid or naive comment.

Possibly a little OTT, but teams that have finished Conference seasons on 100+ points do tend to find themselves in League One in fairly quick succession. Crawley went straight through, Fleetwood needed an extra season and Luton took a little longer, but history does tend to suggest that exceptional teams promoted to League Two do more than ok there.

Wrexham are now nailed on to join us in the EFL next season, but in terms of our own selfish interests it’s probably best that North County fail in the play-offs. With Forest Green coming down, both those two coming up and Stockport, Bradford, Salford, Swindon and Mansfield all possibly still with us, League Two could find itself very well heeled indeed - probably record levels of wealth in fact.

Our budget will increase, that has been confirmed, but it looks like it could still fall well outside of top 7 levels if certain things prevail.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 61
TwoLeftFeet
April 11, 2023, 12:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Still hoping Notts pip them to the top but a rematch with Wrexham in League 2 will be a cracking atmosphere..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 61
Poojah
April 11, 2023, 12:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,727
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Still hoping Notts pip them to the top but a rematch with Wrexham in League 2 will be a cracking atmosphere..

Wrexham are currently 1/20 to County’s 10/1 - a ratio that has them 200x more likely to lift the title. I think that is somewhat swayed by the money that will have gone on Wrexham this season, as it’s not quite that clear cut.

They have 4 games to play; v Barnet and Boreham Wood who are in the play-off hunt, and Yeovil and Torquay who remain in with a sniff of avoiding relegation. If they lost 2 of them, 3 County wins from 3 would would see it come down to GD with Notts marginally more likely to come out on top.

It’s absolutely Wrexham’s to lose, but they still have to keep their nerve.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 61
Maringer
April 11, 2023, 12:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,666
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Poojah

It’s absolutely Wrexham’s to lose, but they still have to keep their nerve.

Not to forget that they are somewhat hampered by having Parkinson as their manager...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 61
HertsGTFC
April 11, 2023, 12:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,991
Gold Stars: 228
The donkeys that run the National League must be scared sh1tless, once these two go up there will be no stories down there to draw interest to level 5.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 61
Mariner_09
April 11, 2023, 12:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
I think Parkinson will be gone by Christmas. L2 is a different animal, there are no part time glorified pub teams in L2, very very few basket cases and they’ll get found out by some of the better and cleverer teams at this level.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 61
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Mullin

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.