This thread currently has 7,130 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Lord Gadiform
April 14, 2023, 6:41pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +114
Gold Stars: 5
Their approach so far has been to sign players from a division or two above. The playing side of things is obviously strong. My fear would be if they upgrade the manager. Darren Ferguson is only interim at Peterborough until the summer. If he came in I think they’d dominate this league.

It's no fish ye're buying: It's men's lives.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 61
Mappers
April 14, 2023, 7:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,448
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from HerveJosse
All this talk about only operating on sustainable income . What is sustainable income? Is TV money sustainable income wasnt when ITV Digital went bust. If you go down TV money falls with parachute payments now regarded as bad then that protection would fall. Crowds fall away if teams perform badly so how do you decide how much crowd income is sustainable. Football will always be the same it’s driven by dreams if the money is available it will be spent. If the ‘sustainable ‘ lobby get there way League position in the long run will simply be determined by size of town and stadium and the dream will die

I have thought about your final point , surely there has to be some sort of middle ground between  reckless spending ,investing in the right way and the right of owners to spend it as they see fit (as long as they have it ) , like you say it could be very rigid if the game is regulated to tight rules around spending V income and you would have a model like the Bundasliga where Bayern pretty much win it year on year (apart from it would be Utd here ,which I would hate).

I bet the 'big 6 ' would love it though , it would give them an easy out to the super league when they are a country mile above all the other teams in the league due to 'lack of competition' , it could never happen could it ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Mullin

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.