Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it too early?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 133 Guests

Is it too early?

This thread currently has 5,214 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
monkeyboy
April 9, 2023, 7:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Is it too early for people’s thoughts on who should go at the end of the season?
Now we have little play for I would be great to try some of the youngsters , I know people say the seniors are playing for a contract but over the season I think we have all seen enough to make our minds up.

For the following should be released regardless of contract.
Amos
Orsi
Taylor
Holohan
Morris( sometimes looks good but not consistent)
Shaun
Scannel
Cropper
Waterfall ( really humming and arring about this one, can he do another season?)
Out of the loaners really only smith and macatee would be worth signing but very unlikely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
GtfcGarner
April 9, 2023, 7:34pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Agree with all barring Waterfall. Showed on Saturday we missed someone who dominated the aerial presence asks him to head and kick it and he is fine.

Danny Amos - Big heart nice lad but not league two quality absolute abhorrent mistakes at Swindon and most latterly Hartlepool he doesn’t have the quality and belongs in non league

Orsi - Another nice lad who scored a couple of decent FA cup decent goals but not the quality to be a L2 player.

Cropper - Think his race is run. Hurst will keep Efete and bring in another right back next year

Scannell - Never been the same since injury

Morris - probably looked the best player on the pitch his past 2 games but often a passenger in matches.. I think it will be between him and Holohan who gets a new deal

Holohan - FA Cup hero and a good signing in non-league just doesn’t look like he has the legs or the quality to be up to L2 standard, think he will be released and Morris will be the one that ends up with a new deal.

Pearson - Gearing him up for a coaching role, fantastic role model and brilliant person to have around. Never a bad word to say about Shaun.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 63
Mappers
April 9, 2023, 7:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,444
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from monkeyboy
Is it too early for people’s thoughts on who should go at the end of the season?
Now we have little play for I would be great to try some of the youngsters , I know people say the seniors are playing for a contract but over the season I think we have all seen enough to make our minds up.

Amos
Orsi
Taylor
Holohan
Shaun
Scannel
Cropper
Waterfall ( really humming and arring about this one, can he do another season?)
Out of the loaners really only smith and macatee would be worth signing but very unlikely.

Orsi ,Waterfall and Holahan are all under contract so would either need to get a transfer or paid off .
Waterfall has been very good so cant see him going
Holahan I think will stay
Orsi might be loaned out depending how many we sign.
Remember if he goes we literally have no other forwards under contract so would need 4 or 5 in  .

I just hope we dont try this loaning players from higher up who are lightweight and never played mens football , not one has impressed this season so the failure rate is quite high maybe 7 or 8 and you have only ever seen them once or twice ; i mean the lad from Norwich scored ,and then we hardly saw him again ,is he even still here ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 63
chipsandgravy
April 9, 2023, 7:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
[quote=4038]Is it too early for people’s thoughts on who should go at the end of the season?

Amos
Orsi
Taylor
Holohan
Shaun
Scannel
Cropper
Out of the loaners really only smith and macatee would be worth signing but very unlikely.[/quote]

Personally yes! Must always be a motivator to a player when with 7 games to go there being recommended for release - assuming they read this forum which I hope they don't!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 63
chaos33
April 9, 2023, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,997
Gold Stars: 362
I think it’s unfair and a bit disrespectful to do this now. Just my opinion.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 63
rancido
April 9, 2023, 8:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from chaos33
I think it’s unfair and a bit disrespectful to do this now. Just my opinion.

I don't see why not. If Hurst &Co aren't looking at who should stay or go then they shouldn't be running the team. If they are then it's perfectly reasonable for posters on a message board to discuss who they would retain after the end of the season.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 63
Heisenberg
April 9, 2023, 8:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
I still have hopes for Amos, but Glennon is first choice.

I just don’t get Holohan. He’ll always be a legend because of Southampton, but I just don’t think he’s good enough.

Waterfall deserves another season. I don’t think he’s done much wrong.

Clearly Pearson is a gonner, as he never makes the 18. Shame, because he is also a legend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 63
HertsGTFC
April 9, 2023, 8:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,992
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from monkeyboy

Amos
Orsi
Taylor
Holohan
Shaun
Scannel
Cropper

I don’t think it’s wrong to think about this, clearly the players heads are elsewhere on the basis of Friday.

The list works for me as well but I’d add Max to that, we won’t be signing McAtee for sure but if we can sign a decent hold up man I’d look at Lloyd but only to play a different role than he’s done most of the time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 63
Mappers
April 9, 2023, 8:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Approval: +4,444
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I don’t think it’s wrong to think about this, clearly the players heads are elsewhere on the basis of Friday.

The list works for me as well but I’d add Max to that, we won’t be signing McAtee for sure but if we can sign a decent hold up man I’d look at Lloyd but only to play a different role than he’s done most of the time.

I have come around to the same thinking on Max , I actually think he's a good keeper for this level but he has become a bit of a liability , almost looks mentally shot and just dont have as much confidence in him as a few months ago when he was solid and very good -.
The thing is hes a decent stopper but not a spectacular one
Kicking has been very poor lately
And he has been pretty indecisive .
Thats fair enough if you are earning points by pulling off lots of saves but he hasnt been ,instead has been making errors and become un -solid , which if you are not a keep that excels at anything you are going to look poor when your game goes off .

I think Max is fine for a mid table league 2 side but if we want to be top end i would almost say an outstanding keeper is as high a priority as decent ones up top .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 63
chaos33
April 9, 2023, 8:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,997
Gold Stars: 362
Because brilliant,flawless,top keepers sign for  L2 clubs don’t they. Some people need a big dose of realism.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 63
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it too early?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.