Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it too early?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 112 Guests

Is it too early?

This thread currently has 5,216 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
April 9, 2023, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
I pretty much agree with the OP. For much discussed reasons, we ended up with a squad that had too many National League standard players and we need to address it.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 63
monkeyboy
April 9, 2023, 10:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I never started the thread to disrespect any of the players but to say based over the season it’s clear where we need to improve.
Some of the players just don’t cut it so my opinion is they are best let go so we can get better in.
It’s clear we do need better in and the last 7 games doesn’t make a jot bit of difference to me. They could suddenly put on star turns playing for a new contract but the thing we need is consistency.
Holohan for instance looks brilliant some days but most of the time can pass as good as akpa Alkpro could shoot. Barn door and all that.

We can’t have sentimentality towards players, it’s a team and it’s a business and if your not good enough it’s time to get better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 63
Rick12
April 9, 2023, 10:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Of the players mentioned in the opening post  I  liked the look of Holahan when I saw him and also Waterfall. I would be disappointed if either leave.

Feel for those that will get released but that's the ruthleness of lower league football.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 63
MuddyWaters
April 9, 2023, 10:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Of the players mentioned in the opening post  I  liked the look of Holahan when I saw him and also Waterfall. I would be disappointed if either leave.

Feel for those that will get released but that's the ruthleness of lower league football.

I think Holohan was great last year, terrific energy but he lacks quality at League level. We need better.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 63
TheFryingSquad
April 9, 2023, 10:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11
So it’s okay to sack off the players who some think aren’t good enough, but not the manager that signed them all, very odd.  So what is there to suggest that PH will make better choices this time round?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 63
MuddyWaters
April 9, 2023, 10:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TheFryingSquad
So it’s okay to sack off the players who some think aren’t good enough, but not the manager that signed them all, very odd.  So what is there to suggest that PH will make better choices this time round?

We know it won’t happen. He’s bomb proof.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 63
HerveJosse
April 9, 2023, 11:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
If there were no contracts to consider there is only one player I would definitely want to keep . Obviously that’s Clifton . Suspect he won’t be here next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 63
TheFryingSquad
April 9, 2023, 11:01pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We know it won’t happen. He’s bomb proof.

Hold on a minute, he might be an advocate of getting a B Corp, that’s FAR more important than recruiting, managing and coaching players to success.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 63
grimsby pete
April 9, 2023, 11:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
We just need 4 or 5 better players than we have.

I would rather have that than 10 of the same standard.

We can make the rest of the squad up with Loanees. As long as they are not teenagers we need men.

We should be giving our teenagers a leg up instead of others clubs youngsters .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 63
MuddyWaters
April 9, 2023, 11:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
We just need 4 or 5 better players than we have.

I would rather have that than 10 of the same standard.

We can make the rest of the squad up with Loanees. As long as they are not teenagers we need men.

We should be giving our teenagers a leg up instead of others clubs youngsters .

Where are you getting ‘men’ loanees from? We’ve failed miserably on loan recruitment this year.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it too early?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.