Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it too early?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 89 Guests

Is it too early?

This thread currently has 5,210 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
April 12, 2023, 10:05am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Khouri hasn't played much this season, but i'm sure he's learnt a lot from being in and around the squad.
We've had youngsters come through for years, but many of them look out of place, and not quiet good enough.
Whenever i've seen Khouri play, he looks confident, and IMO has the potential to make it as a footballer.

Holohan signing was a huge factor in us getting promoted last season IMO and would be a good squad player.

I'm desperate to see more of Hunt next season. With the right players around him, he's our best creative CM.

Waterfall & Maher are good enough for me, and with a solid signing to replace Smith, we should be ok there.
If we keep Emmanuel, then i'm really happy.

We need changes. I don't think we need mass changes like some people think, but we clearly a bottom half team at the minute.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 63
Mappers
April 12, 2023, 10:09am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,436
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Khouri hasn't played much this season, but i'm sure he's learnt a lot from being in and around the squad.
We've had youngsters come through for years, but many of them look out of place, and not quiet good enough.
Whenever i've seen Khouri play, he looks confident, and IMO has the potential to make it as a footballer.

Holohan signing was a huge factor in us getting promoted last season IMO and would be a good squad player.

I'm desperate to see more of Hunt next season. With the right players around him, he's our best creative CM.

Waterfall & Maher are good enough for me, and with a solid signing to replace Smith, we should be ok there.
If we keep Emmanuel, then i'm really happy.

We need changes. I don't think we need mass changes like some people think, but we clearly a bottom half team at the minute.

Khouri will be a player no doubt , i would take him just getting gradually bedded in and then reaching his full potential in 3 or 4 years like Harry has .Maybe a short term loan to the NL might be beneficial for him next year if we sign a decent mid or two in the summer ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 63
Jarmo.Is.God
April 12, 2023, 10:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Mappers

Khouri will be a player no doubt , i would take him just getting gradually bedded in and then reaching his full potential in 3 or 4 years like Harry has .Maybe a short term loan to the NL might be beneficial for him next year if we sign a decent mid or two in the summer ?

Yeah, 100%.
He could probably do with going to Scunth..... arghhh, that's a level below NL isn't it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 63
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 12, 2023, 1:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Not sure why as fans we shouldn’t be hoping for a play off push next season ?

Have the fans who think this is out of reach looked at last season’s final league standings? Barrow (22nd); Stevenage (21st); Carlisle (20th); Bradford (14th) and Orient (13th).

So rapid improvement is possible without excessive expenditure and it’s easy to forget how much better a number of our current players would perform if we bring in 4 or 5 quality additions.

We have employed a new recruitment guy who made some decent signings for Lincoln, Ben House from Eastleigh and a couple of lads from Ireland, so hopefully he will make a positive difference come this summer’s transfer window.

The other requirement is for PH to adopt a more attacking/front foot approach in home matches and give us a home record to be proud of not 23rd best in the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it too early?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.