13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
It Bites
April 7, 2023, 5:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,210
Gold Stars: 266
From the bizarre team selection to the application by the players on the pitch . That's the sort of performance/selection I'd expect from a manager that is too relaxed.  If I was his boss I'd sack him for that today . Never left a game on 76 minutes before in my life . I want my flipping money and time back . I'm gonna go look for my dummy now
Private Message
Mariner_501
April 7, 2023, 5:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
He’s got a job for life and he knows it
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 123
Spidey
April 7, 2023, 5:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from It Bites
From the bizarre team selection to the application by the players on the pitch . That's the sort of performance/selection I'd expect from a manager that is too relaxed.  If I was his boss I'd sack him for that today . Never left a game on 76 minutes before in my life . I want my flipping money and time back . I'm gonna go look for my dummy now

Agree 100%, I left early today, and told Hurst he’s a disgrace on my way out. Two things I’ve never done in my 45yrs of following Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 123
zorro_is_a_Mariner
April 7, 2023, 5:37pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Our home form this season has been very poor we need to improve that massively next season.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 123
Vance Warner
April 7, 2023, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,832
Gold Stars: 106
Understand not starting with Taylor and McAtee if neither will be here next season. Hurst will have learnt a lot from today about the scale of rebuild needed. Understand the frustration but there’s a reason Hurst has job security and that’s because he gets the majority of decisions right over the course of a season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 123
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 7, 2023, 5:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Vance Warner
Understand not starting with Taylor and McAtee if neither will be here next season. Hurst will have learnt a lot from today about the scale of rebuild needed. Understand the frustration but there’s a reason Hurst has job security and that’s because he gets the majority of decisions right over the course of a season

Does he get most things right? Are we not in the bottom third of the league with an appalling home record which has provided little or no entertainment for the home fans in 90% of home fixtures. A number of his signings are not of the required standard and we will need a considerable rebuild again next season if we are to progress.

Staggered by today’s starting lineup and given the size of the crowd felt we should have fielded our strongest eleven from the start not be saving players for Monday’s away game at Doncaster.

To be fair until the penalty, on the basis of the second half changes and approach, could only see one side winning the game but the failure to go ahead was immediately followed by Efete’s rash challenge and then total capitulation.

Will be there on Monday but after today can’t say I’m looking forward to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 123
Zmariner
April 7, 2023, 6:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Stuck it to the end. No idea why we set up with three centre halves five at the back in the first half. I thought I was at  an away game or we were playing for nil nil and we were playing Brighton not Hartlepool. Thought Otis Khan played well, apart from that, we were garbage. Really do not like to see Hunt in the team. It was embarrassing and I really do not know who iwe would keep for next season based on that.
Thank goodness, only four home games left we are crap
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 123
MuddyWaters
April 7, 2023, 6:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Four home wins on the back of promotion and record ST sales is taking the urine.

Today’s team selection was plain odd. He’s much too comfortable in his job.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 123
dapperz fun pub
April 7, 2023, 6:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Four home wins on the back of promotion and record ST sales is taking the urine.

Today’s team selection was plain odd. He’s much too comfortable in his job.

Their lies the problem other than fergie in the last thirty years no manager should feel totally comfortable even wenger got some stick towards the end. We need half a dozen in and any of them can go and I mean any of them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 123
TwoLeftFeet
April 7, 2023, 6:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
After 4 home wins sll season and 7k + gate.. you play your strongest team and have a go, that was awful and Hurst can dress it up anyway he likes he got that massively wrong...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 123
GrimExile
April 7, 2023, 6:19pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
I get that the manager wants to have a look at one or two players and maybe look at a different system in preparation for next season. But NOT on a bank holiday, at home in front of a capacity crowd. To me that’s insulting the paying fans. Not on and he should be ashamed of himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 123
chaos33
April 7, 2023, 6:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
I just don’t get why we didn’t play with freedom and confidence and set up with at least 2 up front. We’re under no pressure like they are. They’re evidently pretty sh1t and they’ve made us look like amateurs. I like Hurst a lot but his Achilles heel has always been his primary conservative approach and I think 5 at the back today was needless and lacked positivity.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 123
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
April 7, 2023, 6:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
As long as we get b corp and are sustainable blah blah blah, 3pm Saturday is irrelevant

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 123
TownSNAFU5
April 7, 2023, 6:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
As an exile I could not go today due to family care duties.

It was also my birthday.  A sort of reverse present. 😢
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 123
chaos33
April 7, 2023, 6:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
As long as we get b corp and are sustainable blah blah blah, 3pm Saturday is irrelevant

That’s a bit childish

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 123
psgmariner
April 7, 2023, 6:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
We weren’t up for it from the start. Hartlepool and their fans were and thoroughly deserved the win. From my seat in the main stand the foul for the penalty looked to be outside the box and was during our only 10 minutes of dominance. That said they were very much the better the team and fully deserved the spanking they gave us.

I don’t know what the answer is but BP is a library and something needs to be done about it.

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 123
Northbank Mariner
April 7, 2023, 6:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
It's not just this season though, 41 home games since Hurst came back, we've won 9!!...
We've been fortunate to have had a few decent away wins otherwise we'd be in deep sh!t again this season, sorry but I don't think Hurst deserves another transfer window, I'd bite the the bullet now and get rid, we ain't getting out league 1 or even troubling the play off positions any time soon under his tenure...and yes, I'm thoroughly f@cked off tonight!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 123
arryarryarry
April 7, 2023, 6:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,047
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from psgmariner
We weren’t up for it from the start. Hartlepool and their fans were and thoroughly deserved the win. From my seat in the main stand the foul for the penalty looked to be outside the box and was during our only 10 minutes of dominance. That said they were very much the better the team and fully deserved the spanking they gave us.

I don’t know what the answer is but BP is a library and something needs to be done about it.

The answer is easy, play your best players and at least 2 strikers against a team with an appalling goals against record.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 123
ginnywings
April 7, 2023, 6:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Does he get most things right? Are we not in the bottom third of the league with an appalling home record which has provided little or no entertainment for the home fans in 90% of home fixtures. A number of his signings are not of the required standard and we will need a considerable rebuild again next season if we are to progress.

Staggered by today’s starting lineup and given the size of the crowd felt we should have fielded our strongest eleven from the start not be saving players for Monday’s away game at Doncaster.

To be fair until the penalty, on the basis of the second half changes and approach, could only see one side winning the game but the failure to go ahead was immediately followed by Efete’s rash challenge and then total capitulation.

Will be there on Monday but after today can’t say I’m looking forward to it.

That only compounded his mistake from a minute earlier when he blazed over the bar with Khan completely unmarked to his left and the keeper nowhere.

What should have been 2-1, quickly became 1-2.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 123
HertsGTFC
April 7, 2023, 6:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,007
Gold Stars: 228
Good Friday, pretty much a sell out, team visiting that will be fighting for their lives and on their best run of the season.

The strategy? Don’t pick your game changers, pack the midfield with your ball player in a holding position and play a small lad up front on his own.

Or you could ….

Play your best players and go for it as a thank you to the supporters who have loyally followed you up and down the country all season at great expense.

By all means have a look at stuff, but do it when we’re mathematically safe and not in front of supporters paying for entertainment

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 123
bawarmy
April 7, 2023, 6:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,021
We will win on Monday and all will be forgiven UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 123
louth_in_the_south
April 7, 2023, 7:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
A game of fine margins when 1-1 . They took their chances and won it . We didn’t when we should’ve took the lead on a couple of moments in front of goal . There’s the difference that needs addressing in the summer and hopefully PH will be given the funds to sign the sort of players that are capable of that .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 123
gtfc_chris
April 7, 2023, 7:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,519
Gold Stars: 118
Initially I was ready to add my displeasure to the performance from today as it was entirely lacklustre, lazy, poorly fought and downright awful from front to back. Very few games this season that I haven’t thought there’s been at least something remotely positive to take away but this wasn’t one. It was dire.

But what I find more disgusting is the speed at which people have turned on a manager who a month ago was being hailed by some as the best manager we’ve had!

Let’s not ignore today, it was crap. Let’s not ignore home form, it’s been crap. But let’s look at what he’s achieved. Promotion at the first time of asking, then putting a team together within a very short timescale that has for the most part competed in most league games this season, with the universally accepted view that a decent striker adds a good 15-20 points to our tally alone. He then delivered our best Cup run and memories that will live long in this generation and will hopefully afford the club to pay the going rate for players capable of making a better crack of it next season.

He is not above criticism and he’ll no doubt question his own decisions but I don’t blame him for today, I blame the players, 100%. He made the obvious changes needed at half time and we saw the improvement 10 fold. The penalty (which was outside the box, we were in Osmond pretty much on the line), then changed the game again and the players did nothing. Lost out ti every ball and cocked up every pass.

We’ve had so many games and still have so many to play. He needs to balance between keeping players fit and giving those in the squad chance to see what he does in the summer. 2 games ago Bryn Morris was out the door for me, then he’s had 2 games which make me want to see more and find out if they were ‘fluke’ as he’d be in the squad next year.

Be upset as you want with a poor and ultimately wasted afternoon but any notion of PH getting sacked for that is diabolical thinking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 123
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
April 7, 2023, 7:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from chaos33

That’s a bit childish

I’m sorry, enjoy your beetroot

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 123
chaos33
April 7, 2023, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I’m sorry, enjoy your beetroot

What are you on about?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 123
GhostDan
April 7, 2023, 7:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Totally casting the horrendous performance and result aside, it’s just an another typical game in the story of our season - we find it near impossible to take any chances to score.  

Even in that abysmal first half, we have 3/4 half chances to score - there was a throw into the box that got flicked on, anybody running into the back post would have had a tap in, but we’d all gone to the front.

In the second half Efete could have squared to Khan for a tap in and for some reason tried to shoot from a tight angle. Just before they scored, McAtee had a decent chance.   They were ruthless at the other end and just like the games against Mansfield, Walsall and Crawley a few weeks back - our lack of any sort of goal threat comes back to bite us hard. It’s almost comical how bad we are in front of goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 123
chaos33
April 7, 2023, 7:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I’m just trying to process the stat that we’ve apparently won 9 home games from 41 since Hurst returned. Is that actually correct?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 123
lew chaterleys lover
April 7, 2023, 7:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,773
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from gtfc_chris
Initially I was ready to add my displeasure to the performance from today as it was entirely lacklustre, lazy, poorly fought and downright awful from front to back. Very few games this season that I haven’t thought there’s been at least something remotely positive to take away but this wasn’t one. It was dire.

But what I find more disgusting is the speed at which people have turned on a manager who a month ago was being hailed by some as the best manager we’ve had!

Let’s not ignore today, it was crap. Let’s not ignore home form, it’s been crap. But let’s look at what he’s achieved. Promotion at the first time of asking, then putting a team together within a very short timescale that has for the most part competed in most league games this season, with the universally accepted view that a decent striker adds a good 15-20 points to our tally alone. He then delivered our best Cup run and memories that will live long in this generation and will hopefully afford the club to pay the going rate for players capable of making a better crack of it next season.

He is not above criticism and he’ll no doubt question his own decisions but I don’t blame him for today, I blame the players, 100%. He made the obvious changes needed at half time and we saw the improvement 10 fold. The penalty (which was outside the box, we were in Osmond pretty much on the line), then changed the game again and the players did nothing. Lost out ti every ball and cocked up every pass.

We’ve had so many games and still have so many to play. He needs to balance between keeping players fit and giving those in the squad chance to see what he does in the summer. 2 games ago Bryn Morris was out the door for me, then he’s had 2 games which make me want to see more and find out if they were ‘fluke’ as he’d be in the squad next year.

Be upset as you want with a poor and ultimately wasted afternoon but any notion of PH getting sacked for that is diabolical thinking.

That's football - from hero to zero in a nano second.

He won't be unduly worried as the owners have complete faith in him, but he will analyse things for sure and he has ordered the players to come in tomorrow on their day off for a debrief, which is to be welcomed.

The thing with Hurst is he invariably gets more and more defensive minded desperate not to get overrun, keep the famous shape which usually means your creative and more attacking players are not allowed the freedom to play, and they eventually leave to be replaced by similar players who haven't got the freedom to play...

I wish someone would put a couple of shots of vodka in his water bottle and see if it makes him a bit more adventurous.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 123
lukeo
April 7, 2023, 7:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Only saw the first half and it was awful. Totally wrong team selection. Frustrating and annoying and I feel for anyone who'll be continuing to travel to the last few games if it carries on this way. Its been a strange season but I'm sure one we will look back on and just think about that fa cup run.
I do hope he changes something though otherwise my optimism for next season will fast disappear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 123
lew chaterleys lover
April 7, 2023, 7:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
I’m just trying to process the stat that we’ve apparently won 9 home games from 41 since Hurst returned. Is that actually correct?

I think that must be football league games.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 123
It Bites
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

And that is a Stat that when our away form deserts us will get us relegated
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 123
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from chaos33

What are you on about?

You happy clappers are all the same, that’s what I am on about, you accept rubbish because you are used to it. They set up 352 today( same as us) and absolutely bossed us. We have pretty much the same squad as what finished 6th in the NL and have not improved, yes we had a lucky cup but we are in trouble, glad we are safe but I expect more on a bank holiday. Dreading Monday but I will be there like the last 40 odd years

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 123
chaos33
April 7, 2023, 7:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
So what’s the beetroot cobblers about?
‘Happy clappers’ is a term used by idiots like you. Have a read. Anyone seem happy?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 123
TheFryingSquad
April 7, 2023, 7:49pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11
We have some serious funding for next season, we should be able to progress but even the most ardent Paul Hurst fan must be questioning whether he’s the right person for the job.  He brings players into the club and then doesn’t play them, he constantly tinkers with the team and system, his choice of substitutions and timings are bizarre.

Yes he’s got us promoted twice, somewhat fortuitously on both occasions I might add but they are on his CV nonetheless.  He isn’t a poor manager but neither is he excellent, I just don’t think he’s got what it takes to move forward from here.  We can do better and should be looking now before this seasons football fortune is wasted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 123
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
April 7, 2023, 7:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from chaos33
So what’s the beetroot cobblers about?
‘Happy clappers’ is a term used by idiots like you. Have a read. Anyone seem happy?

If you know, you know

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 123
heppy88
April 7, 2023, 7:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
The team's performance at home this season has been disappointing. The fans have tried to support the team, but it has been difficult to get excited about the games. I know that some fans are considering not renewing their season tickets next season. I love GTFC and will always support them, but I understand why some people are questioning the financial commitment of a season ticket.

The above was written by Google Bard language model chatbot and I have to say I totally agree  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 123
arryarryarry
April 7, 2023, 7:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,047
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
A game of fine margins when 1-1 . They took their chances and won it . We didn’t when we should’ve took the lead on a couple of moments in front of goal . There’s the difference that needs addressing in the summer and hopefully PH will be given the funds to sign the sort of players that are capable of that .

The margins weren't that fine, apart from a few minutes spell in the second half, they were far better than us and fully deserved the win.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 123
heppy88
April 7, 2023, 8:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from TheFryingSquad
We have some serious funding for next season, we should be able to progress but even the most ardent Paul Hurst fan must be questioning whether he’s the right person for the job.  He brings players into the club and then doesn’t play them, he constantly tinkers with the team and system, his choice of substitutions and timings are bizarre.

Yes he’s got us promoted twice, somewhat fortuitously on both occasions I might add but they are on his CV nonetheless.  He isn’t a poor manager but neither is he excellent, I just don’t think he’s got what it takes to move forward from here.  We can do better and should be looking now before this seasons football fortune is wasted.

A balanced post that reflects my thoughts. But There's no way Hurst will be forced from the club. If he does go I think it will be (as was before) down to his own volition. Stockwood has always said he believes Hurst is an important part of the plans going forward. If they wont sack him during 10 straight losses last season, then there's not a cat in hells chance they will force him out after promotion and a sixth round FA  finish within a 12 month period.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 123
barralad
April 7, 2023, 8:07pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127

I think that must be football league games.

It must be...we won 15 home games last season.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 123
chaos33
April 7, 2023, 8:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker

If you know, you know

F*ckwit

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 123
chaos33
April 7, 2023, 8:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

It must be...we won 15 home games last season.

So the stat is b0llocks

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 123
MuddyWaters
April 7, 2023, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
This season’s home performances, aside from the Cup, have been woeful. Even the games we’ve won were forgettable. I’m not Hurst out but surely some pressure needs to be put on the coaching staff after a succession of drivel such as we’ve endured.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 123
quebec38
April 7, 2023, 8:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Load of rubbish today eh. Hurst tried being prime Pep in the first half and it was quite weird to watch. In possession asking Smith and Maher to hug the touchline whilst Efete and Amos played level with the forwards would have been fine if only they were comfortable receiving the ball in those situations which none of the 4 were. It was a disaster.

Second half he makes the smart but glaringly obvious move to bring on someone up top to actually play the ball in to and play off, along with McAtee, and we’re 1-1 and on our way to a win it seemed. Obviously after that it was a complete capitulation again losing two in quick succession.

Hartlepool were right up for it today and took advantage of us being bad whilst trying bad play with a bad team selection. They popped the ball around well at times and have some handy players. Fans were great as well and I hope they manage to stay up.

We need to get a grip of things for the last month of the season. I will be a season ticket holder again regardless but some won’t based on their home return this season and who could blame them? The season is over and has been for weeks realistically but we could be using it to build up a head of steam to go in to next season and get people on side hopefully for a good crack at a top half finish. Instead we are playing squad bingo all of a sudden and asking the players to do mad stuff. Our fixture list is so congested right now but we need a bit more consistency in the selections. I feel like we should have more players that are capable of playing every game than we do. Right now other than Max you wouldn’t be surprised to see any players in or out of the starting line up and it’s costing us.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 123
GrimRob
April 7, 2023, 8:34pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,450
Gold Stars: 115
I think we need to fundamentally question the approach for home games. Our negative, defensive approach works quite well when we are away but we should take the initiative more at home and play on the front foot. Getting points at home in front of the paying customer is the most important half of the equation.

I can certainly forgive today given the context of the game and its fairly meaningless value for us, and Hartlepool's extra motivation. But in general, our poor record at home, including last season, needs assessing. We have four games left at home to try and impress the supporters and try and persuade them to buy season tickets again in the summer. A massive chunk of our income is still to play for even if points are not.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 123
forza ivano
April 7, 2023, 8:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
It's not just this season though, 41 home games since Hurst came back, we've won 9!!...
We've been fortunate to have had a few decent away wins otherwise we'd be in deep sh!t again this season, sorry but I don't think Hurst deserves another transfer window, I'd bite the the bullet now and get rid, we ain't getting out league 1 or even troubling the play off positions any time soon under his tenure...and yes, I'm thoroughly f@cked off tonight!!

sorry, but that is absolute bollox. You've based you argument on a total lie.
For your info , since Hurst returned on 30.12.20 we have recorded 22, yes , 22 home wins in 54 league games, slightly different to 9. The record becomes better if you include Cup matches; but perhaps they don't count in your Hurst hating universe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 123
grimsby pete
April 7, 2023, 8:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
If we can beat Plymouth  5 - 1 and Luton  3  -  0.   In the cup but struggle to score in the league then something is not right.

Is it team selection or, tactics or, both ?

Whatever it is its down to Hurst to sort it out.

How many times have we seen the defence making the same mistakes time and time again.

Then the inability to sign a player that can hold the ball up and score now and again is past a joke.

We need a really good summer bringing in the right players otherwise all the good 1878 are trying to do will be to no avail and support will just dwindle and fall back to the Fenty. years.

Jason and Andrew deserve to succeed and we all hope they do but Hurst has got to stand up and admit some of the blame lies at his door.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 123
ginnywings
April 7, 2023, 8:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
I think people are saying that we have only won 9 EFL home games, not counting non league.

Only 4 this season and whatever wins he managed before relegation when he came back.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 123
rancido
April 7, 2023, 8:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,659
Gold Stars: 101
I am a STH and have been in this current spell for 20 years. What I expect from my team is a/ to be entertained and b/ a win. If I get both then that is great. Today I had neither but I still hope that things will be ok. Call me a fool but GTFC are my team and I will support them regardless.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 123
MuddyWaters
April 7, 2023, 9:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
If we can beat Plymouth  5 - 1 and Luton  3  -  0.   In the cup but struggle to score in the league then something is not right.

Is it team selection or, tactics or, both ?

Whatever it is its down to Hurst to sort it out.

How many times have we seen the defence making the same mistakes time and time again.

Then the inability to sign a player that can hold the ball up and score now and again is past a joke.

We need a really good summer bringing in the right players otherwise all the good 1878 are trying to do will be to no avail and support will just dwindle and fall back to the Fenty. years.

Jason and Andrew deserve to succeed and we all hope they do but Hurst has got to stand up and admit some of the blame lies at his door.

I’m not sure how someone ‘deserves to succeed’ unless there’s some accountability on the playing side. Four wins from 19 home games is appalling, even more so when you look how many times he’s set up to not lose.

People moan about atmosphere at BP but we, without fail, always let the opposition on the front foot.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 123
Yossarian
April 7, 2023, 9:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Approval: +1,097
Gold Stars: 19
This forum is so feking bipolar....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 123
HertsGTFC
April 7, 2023, 9:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from heppy88

A balanced post that reflects my thoughts. But There's no way Hurst will be forced from the club. If he does go I think it will be (as was before) down to his own volition. Stockwood has always said he believes Hurst is an important part of the plans going forward. If they wont sack him during 10 straight losses last season, then there's not a cat in hells chance they will force him out after promotion and a sixth round FA  finish within a 12 month period.

I’d agree, what you’ll see due to the cup run is a few decent players coming in (I hope) a few in and out of contract leaving leaving a group capable of doing better, whether or not Hurst maximises the best budget he’s had remains to be seen, similar to any other manager in this position.

As next season’s budget windfall has not been directly funded by the board or BAU day to day income I’d suggest he’s got a fair amount of time to get it right.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 123
Abdul19
April 7, 2023, 9:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from ginnywings
I think people are saying that we have only won 9 EFL home games, not counting non league.

Only 4 this season and whatever wins he managed before relegation when he came back.

We won 3 out of 13 PH home games in 20/21 so it's the wrong amount of league games, league wins, FL games and FL wins!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 123
realist
April 7, 2023, 9:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Buckley had the best vision for success. Make BP a fortress, never lose and try to win every game.
The current muppet is clueless in this respect. How many seasons must we put up with the appalling home form? Hurst always gives opponents too much respect. Time to go Paul.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 123
HerveJosse
April 7, 2023, 9:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Not wishing facts to get in the way of a good argy barge nevertheless here we go . Since PH returned we have played 33 home EFL games and won 7.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 123
HerveJosse
April 7, 2023, 9:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse
Not wishing facts to get in the way of a good argy barge nevertheless here we go . Since PH returned we have played 33 home EFL games and won 7.

And of interest  to some on one side of the arguement will be that in those 33 games we have only won twice against teams in the top half of the table .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 123
moosey_club
April 7, 2023, 9:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,310
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from GrimExile
I get that the manager wants to have a look at one or two players and maybe look at a different system in preparation for next season. But NOT on a bank holiday, at home in front of a capacity crowd. To me that’s insulting the paying fans. Not on and he should be ashamed of himself.

I have got this far into a thread ..and don't feel the need to go any further. Nail..Head

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 123
CSLM
April 7, 2023, 9:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Approval: +645
Have to say I am pretty surprised by all of the green ticks/red crosses that seem to suddenly show support for changing the manager.
Plenty of these are from the same people who after the recent away games were saying ' we're not far away from being a top 7 team '.
Clearly today was a shambles and the lack of changes in the first half was concerning when it was so clear that is was not working. I think everyone was worried when the lineup was posted and rightly so.
Halftime changes were needed and did come.
After the equaliser we were definitely looking most likely to get another but we fell apart after the penalty.

We got incredibly lucky at the end of last season but Hurst was the man who built that team spirit and i don't think we should forget that just yet, especially with the cup run.
Saying that I completely agree that we need to be a lot more adventurous when playing at home. If we had gone all out we would surely have more points at home than we have managed.

There are definitely questions/criticisms for Hurst to answer but I think he has earnt himself next year as we should ( hopefully ) kick on to a decent league 2 finish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 123
grimsby pete
April 7, 2023, 10:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m not sure how someone ‘deserves to succeed’ unless there’s some accountability on the playing side. Four wins from 19 home games is appalling, even more so when you look how many times he’s set up to not lose.

People moan about atmosphere at BP but we, without fail, always let the opposition on the front foot.

They deserve to succeed because they are going about their business in the correct manner doing what is right for the club not what benefits them.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 123
moosey_club
April 7, 2023, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

Play more than one up front and treat the opposition, (every single fking week) with a little disdain rather than respect  might help

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 123
rancido
April 7, 2023, 10:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,659
Gold Stars: 101
PH can pick whatever eleven players he needs to get a result. But if those eleven don't do the basics or what they are instructed to do then we will get nowhere. He puts his faith in those players and they, in turn, should perform as required. Obviously the buck stops with the manager but I feel that the players have let him down far too often and they need to look at themselves and their performances.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 123
MuddyWaters
April 7, 2023, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from CSLM
Have to say I am pretty surprised by all of the green ticks/red crosses that seem to suddenly show support for changing the manager.
Plenty of these are from the same people who after the recent away games were saying ' we're not far away from being a top 7 team '.
Clearly today was a shambles and the lack of changes in the first half was concerning when it was so clear that is was not working. I think everyone was worried when the lineup was posted and rightly so.
Halftime changes were needed and did come.
After the equaliser we were definitely looking most likely to get another but we fell apart after the penalty.

We got incredibly lucky at the end of last season but Hurst was the man who built that team spirit and i don't think we should forget that just yet, especially with the cup run.
Saying that I completely agree that we need to be a lot more adventurous when playing at home. If we had gone all out we would surely have more points at home than we have managed.

There are definitely questions/criticisms for Hurst to answer but I think he has earnt himself next year as we should ( hopefully ) kick on to a decent league 2 finish.

I think we’ve done alright given that this is basically the squad that came 6th in the National League. But the fact that we’ve still got a squad of basically National League players is the problem.

Is that what’s holding him back in his team selections? Who knows but our incremental progress needs ramping up several notches if we’re going to challenge next season and, if it doesn’t, we need a change from the current approach.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 123
April 7, 2023, 10:16pm
Guest User
Quoted from CSLM

Really? I’m not. Knew what social media would be like by 4.45pm and knew who would be posting.

Reply: 61 - 123
TAGG
April 7, 2023, 10:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
I know we were excrement today and it was probably Hursts fault but reading some of the stuff on here you would think he killed John Wicks dog.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 123
kevikov
April 7, 2023, 10:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +852
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from rancido
PH can pick whatever eleven players he needs to get a result. But if those eleven don't do the basics or what they are instructed to do then we will get nowhere. He puts his faith in those players and they, in turn, should perform as required. Obviously the buck stops with the manager but I feel that the players have let him down far too often and they need to look at themselves and their performances.

Ultimately he’s picked them, coached them, trained them and given them tactics. And in the main, signed them.  He’s as responsible for that excrement show as they are.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 123
PaceyMariner
April 7, 2023, 10:24pm
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +266
Only just calmed down from today. I can accept the players/team having a bad day, but what I can’t accept is lack of effort, passion and matching the opposition for a will to win.

I had my fears about this game beforehand  with them having so much to play for, but what I did not expect was the inept, gutless performance we saw today. Unacceptable.

Also, I back Paul Hurst, always have, BUT the starting team/formation totally deflated me before the game started. 5 at the back, holding midfielder, Lloyd isolated. We were at home to 2nd from bottom and Hurst set us up as if we were playing Arsenal!!!!!

We were shocking. I left as soon as the 4th goal went in and as I was leaving I laid into the players. Been a long, long time since I have been so disgusted with a Town performance.

I’m undecided about getting a season ticket next season, due to bills going up. I want to get one as I love Town, but performances like that make me think why should I bother if the players aren’t bothered.

Pacey <*))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 123
moosey_club
April 7, 2023, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Are you having a laugh??
Yes...he can pick 11 players...that is the bare minimum of his fking job,  each and every single match day...
But 11 eleven players that have a chance, can compete, at least stand a chance of breaking the oppositions net..
I don't care how you try and disguise it...that didn't happen today.
I have not heard.....and really dont care to seek out ....PH's excuses for this one,  as I was there and shall form my own opinion ....
It was a p1ss poor selection, formation and managerial intention that cost us.

Buck stops with Hurst today and after a home season of apathetic performances then I am definitely having doubts about Hursts ability.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 123
CSLM
April 7, 2023, 10:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think we’ve done alright given that this is basically the squad that came 6th in the National League. But the fact that we’ve still got a squad of basically National League players is the problem.

Is that what’s holding him back in his team selections? Who knows but our incremental progress needs ramping up several notches if we’re going to challenge next season and, if it doesn’t, we need a change from the current approach.

Fair point, we have got a big problem in that most of our better players could well not be here next year.
Today's team selection was always going to be a problem. It is odd because virtually all of us could see that.
My main point was more the black/white opinions.
If we win 3 0 on Monday we'll be aiming for top 3 next season with a great manager/team to build on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 123
April 7, 2023, 10:35pm
Guest User
We will win on Monday and that’s exactly what it’ll be like on here by 6pm Monday night:
Reply: 67 - 123
CSLM
April 7, 2023, 10:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 140381

Really? I’m not. Knew what social media would be like by 4.45pm and knew who would be posting.

Ha yeah but seems to be a bit more than the usual.

As I have said I do think there are some major questions about certain decisions that it is more than reasonable to ask about. Surely if we have someone watching the game in the upper they can help?

The game today was there for the taking mind and the way we crumble is worrying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 123
April 7, 2023, 10:49pm
Guest User
I think they’re just spent. It’s been a mad 18 months. End of season can’t come quick enough. Time to press the refresh button.
Reply: 69 - 123
TheFryingSquad
April 8, 2023, 12:01am
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from TAGG
I know we were excrement today and it was probably Hursts fault but reading some of the stuff on here you would think he killed John Wicks dog.

Based on Paul Hursts win record since 2018, even with intent to kill John Wicks’ dog, statistics suggest that the dog would stand a 64.3% chance of surviving.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 123
gtfc_chris
April 8, 2023, 6:39am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,519
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from kevikov

Ultimately he’s picked them, coached them, trained them and given them tactics. And in the main, signed them.  He’s as responsible for that excrement show as they are.

So by that logic, what you're saying is that if you have a bad day at work where you member everything up it'll be your employers fault because they hired you, they trained you and they gave you instructions on what to do?

Bit too convenient for my liking and an easy cop out, removing any notion of the players simply not performing. They played in a system that fans really got behind in recent weeks because of how it was working for us, before switching to a more attacking approach for the second half and the players simply didn't turn up in either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 123
Northbank Mariner
April 8, 2023, 6:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from forza ivano

sorry, but that is absolute bollox. You've based you argument on a total lie.
For your info , since Hurst returned on 30.12.20 we have recorded 22, yes , 22 home wins in 54 league games, slightly different to 9. The record becomes better if you include Cup matches; but perhaps they don't count in your Hurst hating universe?

Who hates Hurst?..do you go to every home game and watch the anti football he plays?..because I do and regardless of statistics we are male masturbation and 4 wins in a full season is diabolica., I got that it wrong, its 19 in 41 i missed a ficking 1 off!!...I'm sick n tired of people hurling abuse at other posters rather than intelligent conversation, we've just had one on here scare the life out of us thinking he'd done himself in yet you still feel its ok to verbally abuse someone who posted a statistic picked up from the wrong source...no wonder this forum is so badly thought of outside of the walls of all our keyboards
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 123
pontoonlew
April 8, 2023, 7:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
That tweet from Stockwood goading fans who dared to say the January window was excrement looks really stupid now.

Loads of work to do in the summer, there can be absolutely no excuses now IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 123
mariner83
April 8, 2023, 7:24am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from 140381
I think they’re just spent. It’s been a mad 18 months. End of season can’t come quick enough. Time to press the refresh button.

Agreed.

We had 55 days between our last NL game and our first inL2

Stockport had 76.

League 2 teams had 84 with the exception of Mansfield (63).

Add in our cup run, it's easy to see why they might be knackered.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 74 - 123
HertsGTFC
April 8, 2023, 7:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner83

Agreed.

Stockport had 76.

Let’s not forget how we got up, what was it a 6th place finish?

Then a Notts bottle job and some great resilience from our lads.

Wrexham, Taylor & McAtee scored good goals but in reality it was a case of set pieces winning the game, notably Croppers through gave them the taste of their own medicine.

The final, I thought it was pretty even in normal time though McAtee’s goal was well worked & finished it was again Croppers through that made the difference.

In reality when you look at it there was no way we were truly ready for promotion compared to a few others in the NL and that’s found us out quite a bit this season.

I thought yesterday was p1ss poor, again!

I’ve been a big supporter of Hurst during both his periods at the club but if he’s going to experiment he needs to do it in a behind closed doors game not in front of a full paying full house against a side in their best run to date who are fighting for their lives.

The manager & players short changed the amazingly loyal support yesterday if this continues the credit they have in “the good will account” will soon disappear.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 123
TheFryingSquad
April 8, 2023, 7:57am
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Who hates Hurst?..do you go to every home game and watch the anti football he plays?..because I do and regardless of statistics we are male masturbation and 4 wins in a full season is diabolica., I got that it wrong, its 19 in 41 i missed a ficking 1 off!!...I'm sick n tired of people hurling abuse at other posters rather than intelligent conversation, we've just had one on here scare the life out of us thinking he'd done himself in yet you still feel its ok to verbally abuse someone who posted a statistic picked up from the wrong source...no wonder this forum is so badly thought of outside of the walls of all our keyboards

That one sentence sums up social media in general and is particularly evident on the fishy.  It’s technically known as bullying, but the real irony is that the ones who pick up on any tiny detail to try and justify their own ‘holier than thou’ views are the biggest culprits.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 123
DB
April 8, 2023, 9:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from mariner83

Agreed.

Stockport had 76.

I use to along with this logic, which seems right. However, these players are paid professional athletes. Whilst we have had the cup run which has added to the 46-game program they only have to perform at their best for 90 minutes (+extra time) per game, that is 90 minutes ( call it 2 hours ) out of a 40 hour week.

How many people on here would like to perform at their best for only 2 hours per week? Tell the boss you're practising your keyboard skills, driving the van for 2 hours or having a nap while the factory stops. Bloody hell you'd be sacked and industry would fall apart.

Red cross me if you like but yesterday against Hartlepool you could have put Cleethorpes Town or Grimsby Borough on the pitch and they would have performed better as semi-professionals. some of which will have other jobs.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 123
April 8, 2023, 10:16am
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club

Are you having a laugh??
Yes...he can pick 11 players...that is the bare minimum of his fking job,  each and every single match day...
But 11 eleven players that have a chance, can compete, at least stand a chance of breaking the oppositions net..
I don't care how you try and disguise it...that didn't happen today.
I have not heard.....and really dont care to seek out ....PH's excuses for this one,  as I was there and shall form my own opinion ....
It was a p1ss poor selection, formation and managerial intention that cost us.

Buck stops with Hurst today and after a home season of apathetic performances then I am definitely having doubts about Hursts ability.

You cannot blame PH for the first two goals that Kemp? scored.  They were almost identical, centre of the penalty area, not a soul within 5 yards of him, all the time in the world to pick his spot.

Reply: 78 - 123
Gaffer58
April 8, 2023, 10:23am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
55 days between end of and the start of the next season, bloody heck I only use to get 36 days holiday a year,including bank holidays, yes in theory I got every Saturday/ Sunday off but the other 5 days a week I worked 8 hour shifts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 123
April 8, 2023, 10:23am
Guest User
Quoted from DB

I use to along with this logic, which seems right. However, these players are paid professional athletes. Whilst we have had the cup run which has added to the 46-game program they only have to perform at their best for 90 minutes (+extra time) per game, that is 90 minutes ( call it 2 hours ) out of a 40 hour week.

How many people on here would like to perform at their best for only 2 hours per week? Tell the boss you're practising your keyboard skills, driving the van for 2 hours or having a nap while the factory stops. Bloody hell you'd be sacked and industry would fall apart.

Red cross me if you like but yesterday against Hartlepool you could have put Cleethorpes Town or Grimsby Borough on the pitch and they would have performed better as semi-professionals. some of which will have other jobs.

You conveniently leave out the fact that we have been playing 3 matches a week for a while now, and more to come.

Reply: 80 - 123
DB
April 8, 2023, 10:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

You conveniently leave out the fact that we have been playing 3 matches a week for a while now, and more to come.

52 weeks X 3 = 156 matches!  That apart it has been 2 games in a 7 day period, is 4 hours of hard graft too much for professional athletes out of a 40 hour week and 2 days off?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 123
HertsGTFC
April 8, 2023, 10:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

It’s clearly a factor but at times it’s seemed like we have a Saturday team and a Tuesday team, you do need to rotate a bit for sure but some weeks there has been too many changes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 123
HerveJosse
April 8, 2023, 10:33am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from 123614

I think you mean 2 matches a week there is only one Saturday in a week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 123
April 8, 2023, 10:37am
Guest User
Quoted from DB

52 weeks X 3 = 156 matches!  That apart it has been 2 games in a 7 day period, is 4 hours of hard graft too much for professional athletes out of a 40 hour week and 2 days off?

So when did the football season extend to 52 weeks a year?

Reply: 84 - 123
The Caterham Mariner
April 8, 2023, 10:41am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from bawarmy
We will win on Monday and all will be forgiven UTM

I am inclined  to agree with you !!As i drove away from the Gillingham game where i thought we should have won cursing and swearing  ...Next game was Northampton . WOW a different game and drove away happy. I could never write the script for "Town!" , pick the team or bet on them ..Monday 3pm  i will have my ear glued to Radio Humberside!!
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 123
GrimExile
April 8, 2023, 10:44am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from moosey_club

I have got this far into a thread ..and don't feel the need to go any further. Nail..Head

That was my post and I appreciate your comment. Thanks. 👏👏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 123
The Caterham Mariner
April 8, 2023, 10:51am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Yossarian
This forum is so feking bipolar....

Yes its sets my ADHD  off  Roll on Monday
That will set my touretts off too.We wait and see.
UTF***ing M
😉😉

In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 123
DB
April 8, 2023, 11:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

So when did the football season extend to 52 weeks a year?

When you said they play 3 matches a week!

"You conveniently leave out the fact that we have been playing 3 matches a week for a while now, and more to come." Post 80

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 123
Tinymariner
April 8, 2023, 11:20am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
GTFC have played a competitive game in every month now for 21 months, how many teams have done that before, in recent times?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 123
GrimRob
April 8, 2023, 11:29am

Quoted from Tinymariner
GTFC have played a competitive game in every month now for 21 months, how many teams have done that before, in recent times?

Had we reached the FA Cup final we could have carried it on. Won it and the Europa starts in June.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 90 - 123
acko338
April 8, 2023, 11:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,212
Do Town have an EXPERIENCED attack coach ?

Has that person, if there at all, have any say in home game tactics?

Can our passing game get much worse, compared to the Cup run games where passing and positioning were mostly superb?

If you set up right, position the players to receive and go again into spaces, and actually get an accurate pass, then a lot of the tiredness will go, as it stops chasing lost causes.

This side should be, and have shown themselves to be, far better than playing desperate hoof ball from the back.

How many times do we wait for crosses to be delivered after wing breaks?

How many runs do McAtee, Khan, Orsi and Lloyd make when playing only to chase bad passes?

Look at the ratio of chances made vs goals scored - we are not clinical.

Yesterday, Hartlepool showed us how to score, a few weeks ago, Swindon showed us how to play in this Division.

Are we not learning from these games?

These players CAN do it, so what has happened to stop them playing what should be simple passing moves, preferably to our own players?

There seems to be one away side, and a completely different side at home, not just in personnel changes, but tactics and loss of abilities ????

Frustrating for the home fans !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 123
HerveJosse
April 8, 2023, 12:43pm
Champagne Drinker
I if we were an American Football team we would have an offence team and a defence team . Currently it seems we just have a defence team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 123
Spurn boy
April 8, 2023, 1:03pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from GrimExile

Insulting was the word Hurst thought of JT’s question when he tried to say to Hurst that the players who started the game were not up to it. I agree that the team Hurst put out to play a relegation threatened side was an insult to the paying fans who attended hoping to see a strong team give us a good performance a few goals and a win, what they gave us yesterday was embarrassing and effortless.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 123
chaos33
April 8, 2023, 1:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Spurn boy

Insulting was the word Hurst thought of JT’s question when he tried to say to Hurst that the players who started the game were not up to it. I agree that the team Hurst put out to play a relegation threatened side was an insult to the paying fans who attended hoping to see a strong team give us a good performance a few goals and a win, what they gave us yesterday was embarrassing and effortless.

Think Hurst was making the point that those who played were below standard in their performance, but that their ability as evidenced should lead everyone to believe that they could and should have performed much better. I think it did duck the notion of whether the formation/strategy was right. One of those aspects is down to the players as individuals and as a collective and one is down to him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 123
jamesgtfc
April 8, 2023, 1:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pontoonlew
That tweet from Stockwood goading fans who dared to say the January window was excrement looks really stupid now.

Loads of work to do in the summer, there can be absolutely no excuses now IMO.

I thought it was an immature tweet from him at the time, and I noticed that tweet was getting some ammunition from people last night.

January was poor, Emmanuel and Lloyd are good, but unless either of them will be here next season, what is the point?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 123
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 8, 2023, 2:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from chaos33

Think Hurst was making the point that those who played were below standard in their performance, but that their ability as evidenced should lead everyone to believe that they could and should have performed much better. I think it did duck the notion of whether the formation/strategy was right. One of those aspects is down to the players as individuals and as a collective and one is down to him.

Hard to speak with complete certainty but I would suggest that the starting eleven yesterday would be fighting relegation if that was the best we could put out. The lack of height, physicality and numbers in a forward position was just alarming in its absence resulting in our midfield continually playing the ball sideways and backwards given the lack of forward options. Both Lloyd and Khan are decent players but not as a front two with thirty yards between them most of the time. After halftime we looked half decent until that penalty but even as it went in I fancied us for a 3-2 win but instead we capitulated and allowed  Hartlepool to dominate. Managers can’t be blamed for individual errors but his first half tactics lost us the game as it gave Hartlepool the ascendancy and confidence that we were there for the taking.

Would accept this if it was a one off but this season, and during his previous time with us, Hurst has struggled to find a formula that allows us to dominate a home fixture and the vast majority of games are tedious and lacking in any form of entertainment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 123
RonMariner
April 8, 2023, 4:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,860
Gold Stars: 230
Yes it is depressing to lose at home in this manner but let’s keep a little perspective. When I look at the top seven in League 2, which we hope to be next season, I see that we have beaten Northampton, Stockport and Mansfield, and taken points off Bradford, Orient and Stevenage. It only Carlisle that we are pointless against.

So maybe we aren’t quite as hopeless as yesterday’s performance suggests. Three or four strong additions in the summer and we may be a different prospect. I happen to think that we do need an influx of some tough physical specimens as that does seem a requirement in this division.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 123
HerveJosse
April 8, 2023, 4:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner
Yes it is depressing to lose at home in this manner but let’s keep a little perspective. When I look at the top seven in League 2, which we hope to be next season, I see that we have beaten Northampton, Stockport and Mansfield, and taken points off Bradford, Orient and Stevenage. It only Carlisle that we are pointless against.

So maybe we aren’t quite as hopeless as yesterday’s performance suggests. Three or four strong additions in the summer and we may be a different prospect. I happen to think that we do need an influx of some tough physical specimens as that does seem a requirement in this division.

We haven’t beaten Mansfield unless you are including the Pizza trophy and we have taken a point not points against the other three you mention.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 123
Mappers
April 8, 2023, 5:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Approval: +4,506
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from RonMariner

I think we need a few big ens Ron
How many outfield players have we got that are over 6 foot maybe 5 or 6 in the whole squad ?

We need a couple of lumps up top for sure ,if we are going to launch it (which we invariably do at times ) we need one there (Taylor like ) and then one for off the bench

I would actually look at going 4 up top at home  when teams park the bus and its in the air a lot , i know Paul wouldnt but something drastic needs to happen to improve results at home next season .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 123
RonMariner
April 8, 2023, 5:02pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,860
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from HerveJosse

We haven’t beaten Mansfield unless you are including the Pizza trophy

Yes, I was just looking at the results page of the Fishy and forgot it was in that competition. Still a win , but we did draw with them in the league I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 123
Mappers
April 8, 2023, 5:02pm
Champagne Drinker
I am still unsure on keeping Taylor ,surely we need a couple of better ones if we are to go right through ?
Was that big one up top any good for Hartlepool yesterday ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 123
lew chaterleys lover
April 8, 2023, 5:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

I think we need a few big ens Ron
How many outfield players have we got that are over 6 foot maybe 5 or 6 in the whole squad ?

We need a couple of lumps up top for sure ,if we are going to launch it (which we invariably do at times ) we need one there (Taylor like ) and then one for off the bench

I would actually look at going 4 up top at home  when teams park the bus and its in the air a lot , i know Paul wouldnt but something drastic needs to happen to improve results at home next season .

Hurst will always be defensive and I think we have to accept that is just the way of it.

Yesterday post match he said something like you see, this is what going gung ho does when you are chasing the game...

Most of us might describe it as going forward in search of a goal to get us back in it but in his world it is gung ho.

My late dear friend RRFC said Hurst plays the percentages which is another way of saying he is very cautious and trys not to lose before he ever thinks about winning, which is a fair enough strategy but it is not very exciting the majority of the time.

Private Message
Reply: 102 - 123
chaos33
April 8, 2023, 6:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I think it’s an ok strategy away from home most of the time, but at home, in L2, when you’re Grimsby Town, this is where we’re lacking and where we need Hurst to evolve his thinking. I mean, Hartlepool are really poor but we were poorer at their place and ours. His basic strategic premise is flawed for me, as far as home games go, and the stats would support this. We need more ambition. More bravery. More confidence. We are selling ourselves short and it’s not as if the fundamental defensive strategy is actually working anyway. It’s absolutely clear it needs rethinking.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 123
April 8, 2023, 6:16pm
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
I think it’s an ok strategy away from home most of the time, but at home, in L2, when you’re Grimsby Town, this is where we’re lacking and where we need Hurst to evolve his thinking. I mean, Hartlepool are really poor but we were poorer at their place and ours. His basic strategic premise is flawed for me, as far as home games go, and the stats would support this. We need more ambition. More bravery. More confidence. We are selling ourselves short and it’s not as if the fundamental defensive strategy is actually working anyway. It’s absolutely clear it needs rethinking.

Yep. Hurst is seemingly trying to set us up not to lose, but we've lost more than we've won at home so it ain't working.

I'd also question the declared strategy of signing players who can cover a number of positions.
At L2 level this translates to 'at best average in all of them', I'd suggest.

Better to sign players who know their position and what it entails at our level. Starting with both full-back positions.
Reply: 104 - 123
ginnywings
April 8, 2023, 8:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Thought I would give it a day of reflection, which usually does the trick after a poor performance, but not this time. I'm still p1ssed off with that shambles yesterday and sick to death of watching crappy football at BP. How PH could fart about with that sub standard team and formation on a day with a big expectant holiday crowd, and then pass it off with a shrug in his post match interview was beyond the pale for me.

We've had almost 20 years of poor fare to contend with, including relegations and non league dross. I have kept going right through the lot, buying my season ticket and thinking it will get better, especially when the new owners came in, but I'm just about done with it now.

Listening to his pre match comments saying the budget is bigger, but not as big as some imagine, then banging on about players earning too much and demanding wages he doesn't want to pay because it might upset the group, got me thinking about what we will get next season. Will it be another group of honest triers who will run all day but can't do the football basics? Will we get any players who get you out of your seat?

I've got a campervan sat on the front doing nothing at weekends because I give up my time and money to watch Town when we are at home, and unless we get in some players for next season that genuinely get the juices flowing, then my money will instead be getting spent on fuel for the van.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 123
Mappers
April 8, 2023, 8:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Thought I would give it a day of reflection, which usually does the trick after a poor performance, but not this time. I'm still p1ssed off with that shambles yesterday and sick to death of watching crappy football at BP. How PH could fart about with that sub standard team and formation on a day with a big expectant holiday crowd, and then pass it off with a shrug in his post match interview was beyond the pale for me.

We've had almost 20 years of poor fare to contend with, including relegations and non league dross. I have kept going right through the lot, buying my season ticket and thinking it will get better, especially when the new owners came in, but I'm just about done with it now.

Listening to his pre match comments saying the budget is bigger, but not as big as some imagine, then banging on about players earning too much and demanding wages he doesn't want to pay because it might upset the group, got me thinking about what we will get next season. Will it be another group of honest triers who will run all day but can't do the football basics? Will we get any players who get you out of your seat?

I've got a campervan sat on the front doing nothing at weekends because I give up my time and money to watch Town when we are at home, and unless we get in some players for next season that genuinely get the juices flowing, then my money will instead be getting spent on fuel for the van.

You could use the van to go to away games mate , we play better away ! and u would not need a hotel !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 123
chaos33
April 8, 2023, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Can I come please? I’ll split the fuel and buy pasties. 🙂
Dales, Lakes, Scotland….

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 123
ginnywings
April 8, 2023, 9:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from chaos33

Can I come please? I’ll split the fuel and buy pasties. 🙂
Dales, Lakes, Scotland….

It's only got 2 seats mate and Ms ginny has dibs on the other one.

We are away next weekend for a family do, so I will miss the Mansfield game, and to be honest I'm not that fussed. Will probably miss the the rest of the home games too and take off travelling all points North.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 123
moosey_club
April 8, 2023, 9:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

You cannot blame PH for the first two goals that Kemp? scored.  They were almost identical, centre of the penalty area, not a soul within 5 yards of him, all the time in the world to pick his spot.

I can blame him for wasting 45 mins of the game by selecting an ineffective side and formation. We were one down and chasing the game when we never should have been if he had started with some attacking intent.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 123
toontown
April 8, 2023, 9:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ginnywings

Gregor Robertson wrote an article after the southampton game and mentioned that Hurst likes all his players earning about the same.

He is going to have to change if we are going to get a decent striker in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 123
aldi_01
April 8, 2023, 9:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
There’s a fellow fishy going through a tough time, probably teetering on the edge, and people are losing their minds because we lost a game that means nothing…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 123
GrimRob
April 8, 2023, 10:10pm

Quoted from toontown

Gregor Robertson wrote an article after the southampton game and mentioned that Hurst likes all his players earning about the same.

He is going to have to change if we are going to get a decent striker in.

It's in the rest of the players interest to have a decent striker. They all want success and to be in a winning team. It will be heartbreaking if we start the first pre-season game with the number 9 jersey vacant again.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 112 - 123
Mappers
April 8, 2023, 10:20pm
Champagne Drinker
It will be an interesting game Monday
Donny fans are in meltdown ,sounds like things are not good there on and off the pitch
No doubt we will go there and get a result ,Hurst teams do always seem to respond well to a bad result tbf - after our two most heavy league defeats (Swindon & Salford ) we won both league games afterwards .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 123
Running like emson
April 8, 2023, 11:14pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Jeez, you guys still going on !? It’s a beautiful game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 123
Norseman
April 9, 2023, 12:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from aldi_01
There’s a fellow fishy going through a tough time, probably teetering on the edge, and people are losing their minds because we lost a game that means nothing…

Why does it mean nothing .6200 people paid good money to watch their team perform and hopefully win .Doesn't matter where we are in the league .All games matter .By the way we are still not safe so games mean even more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 123
Mayaman
April 9, 2023, 3:17am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from aldi_01

How the hell did that get red crosses?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 123
It Bites
April 9, 2023, 9:14am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

You can have a moan and care about some one at the same time you know
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 123
The Caterham Mariner
April 9, 2023, 2:42pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Running like emson
Jeez, you guys still going on !? It’s a beautiful game.

Funny old game Football!!
Hhmm
UTM

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 123
kevikov
April 9, 2023, 7:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +852
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from gtfc_chris

So by that logic, what you're saying is that if you have a bad day at work where you member everything up it'll be your employers fault because they hired you, they trained you and they gave you instructions on what to do?

Bit too convenient for my liking and an easy cop out, removing any notion of the players simply not performing. They played in a system that fans really got behind in recent weeks because of how it was working for us, before switching to a more attacking approach for the second half and the players simply didn't turn up in either.

Not at all, i stated that as manager, who trains them all week, devises tactics, picks the staring 11 and tells them where to form up, he is AS responsible as they are. Obviously the players should have a long hard look in the mirror after that capitulation but hurst should be stood right next to them looking also.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 123
April 10, 2023, 8:59am
Guest User
The thing is, how can you account for all the defenders ball watching and rushing towards the ball, leaving the Hartlepool player in acres of space in the penalty area to pick his spot, AND not only once, but twice!
Reply: 120 - 123
DB
April 10, 2023, 9:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614
The thing is, how can you account for all the defenders ball watching and rushing towards the ball, leaving the Hartlepool player in acres of space in the penalty area to pick his spot, AND not only once, but twice!

Kemp controlled the ball, teed it up and looked where to shot with no Town player near him for the first goal. I think it was Green who charged in after the ball left Kemps's foot. You might expect this sort of defending on Bradley pitches but not at a L2 game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 123
toontown
April 10, 2023, 12:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from DB

Kemp controlled the ball, teed it up and looked where to shot with no Town player near him for the first goal. I think it was Green who charged in after the ball left Kemps's foot. You might expect this sort of defending on Bradley pitches but not at a L2 game.

Green at fault for both those goals, leaving his man, did the exact same thing twice. Poor concentration there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 123
April 10, 2023, 8:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from 140381
We will win on Monday and that’s exactly what it’ll be like on here by 6pm Monday night:

One out of two isn’t bad.
Reply: 123 - 123
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Absolutely disgusted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.