chaos33
April 7, 2023, 8:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from barralad

It must be...we won 15 home games last season.

So the stat is b0llocks

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 123
MuddyWaters
April 7, 2023, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
This season’s home performances, aside from the Cup, have been woeful. Even the games we’ve won were forgettable. I’m not Hurst out but surely some pressure needs to be put on the coaching staff after a succession of drivel such as we’ve endured.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 123
quebec38
April 7, 2023, 8:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Load of rubbish today eh. Hurst tried being prime Pep in the first half and it was quite weird to watch. In possession asking Smith and Maher to hug the touchline whilst Efete and Amos played level with the forwards would have been fine if only they were comfortable receiving the ball in those situations which none of the 4 were. It was a disaster.

Second half he makes the smart but glaringly obvious move to bring on someone up top to actually play the ball in to and play off, along with McAtee, and we’re 1-1 and on our way to a win it seemed. Obviously after that it was a complete capitulation again losing two in quick succession.

Hartlepool were right up for it today and took advantage of us being bad whilst trying bad play with a bad team selection. They popped the ball around well at times and have some handy players. Fans were great as well and I hope they manage to stay up.

We need to get a grip of things for the last month of the season. I will be a season ticket holder again regardless but some won’t based on their home return this season and who could blame them? The season is over and has been for weeks realistically but we could be using it to build up a head of steam to go in to next season and get people on side hopefully for a good crack at a top half finish. Instead we are playing squad bingo all of a sudden and asking the players to do mad stuff. Our fixture list is so congested right now but we need a bit more consistency in the selections. I feel like we should have more players that are capable of playing every game than we do. Right now other than Max you wouldn’t be surprised to see any players in or out of the starting line up and it’s costing us.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 123
GrimRob
April 7, 2023, 8:34pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,450
Gold Stars: 115
I think we need to fundamentally question the approach for home games. Our negative, defensive approach works quite well when we are away but we should take the initiative more at home and play on the front foot. Getting points at home in front of the paying customer is the most important half of the equation.

I can certainly forgive today given the context of the game and its fairly meaningless value for us, and Hartlepool's extra motivation. But in general, our poor record at home, including last season, needs assessing. We have four games left at home to try and impress the supporters and try and persuade them to buy season tickets again in the summer. A massive chunk of our income is still to play for even if points are not.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 123
forza ivano
April 7, 2023, 8:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
It's not just this season though, 41 home games since Hurst came back, we've won 9!!...
We've been fortunate to have had a few decent away wins otherwise we'd be in deep sh!t again this season, sorry but I don't think Hurst deserves another transfer window, I'd bite the the bullet now and get rid, we ain't getting out league 1 or even troubling the play off positions any time soon under his tenure...and yes, I'm thoroughly f@cked off tonight!!

sorry, but that is absolute bollox. You've based you argument on a total lie.
For your info , since Hurst returned on 30.12.20 we have recorded 22, yes , 22 home wins in 54 league games, slightly different to 9. The record becomes better if you include Cup matches; but perhaps they don't count in your Hurst hating universe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 123
grimsby pete
April 7, 2023, 8:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
If we can beat Plymouth  5 - 1 and Luton  3  -  0.   In the cup but struggle to score in the league then something is not right.

Is it team selection or, tactics or, both ?

Whatever it is its down to Hurst to sort it out.

How many times have we seen the defence making the same mistakes time and time again.

Then the inability to sign a player that can hold the ball up and score now and again is past a joke.

We need a really good summer bringing in the right players otherwise all the good 1878 are trying to do will be to no avail and support will just dwindle and fall back to the Fenty. years.

Jason and Andrew deserve to succeed and we all hope they do but Hurst has got to stand up and admit some of the blame lies at his door.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 123
ginnywings
April 7, 2023, 8:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I think people are saying that we have only won 9 EFL home games, not counting non league.

Only 4 this season and whatever wins he managed before relegation when he came back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 123
rancido
April 7, 2023, 8:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,659
Gold Stars: 101
I am a STH and have been in this current spell for 20 years. What I expect from my team is a/ to be entertained and b/ a win. If I get both then that is great. Today I had neither but I still hope that things will be ok. Call me a fool but GTFC are my team and I will support them regardless.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 123
MuddyWaters
April 7, 2023, 9:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from grimsby pete
If we can beat Plymouth  5 - 1 and Luton  3  -  0.   In the cup but struggle to score in the league then something is not right.

Is it team selection or, tactics or, both ?

Whatever it is its down to Hurst to sort it out.

How many times have we seen the defence making the same mistakes time and time again.

Then the inability to sign a player that can hold the ball up and score now and again is past a joke.

We need a really good summer bringing in the right players otherwise all the good 1878 are trying to do will be to no avail and support will just dwindle and fall back to the Fenty. years.

Jason and Andrew deserve to succeed and we all hope they do but Hurst has got to stand up and admit some of the blame lies at his door.

I’m not sure how someone ‘deserves to succeed’ unless there’s some accountability on the playing side. Four wins from 19 home games is appalling, even more so when you look how many times he’s set up to not lose.

People moan about atmosphere at BP but we, without fail, always let the opposition on the front foot.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 123
Yossarian
April 7, 2023, 9:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,097
Gold Stars: 19
This forum is so feking bipolar....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Absolutely disgusted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.