It Bites
April 7, 2023, 7:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,210
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from chaos33
I’m just trying to process the stat that we’ve apparently won 9 home games from 41 since Hurst returned. Is that actually correct?

And that is a Stat that when our away form deserts us will get us relegated
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 123
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
April 7, 2023, 7:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from chaos33

What are you on about?

You happy clappers are all the same, that’s what I am on about, you accept rubbish because you are used to it. They set up 352 today( same as us) and absolutely bossed us. We have pretty much the same squad as what finished 6th in the NL and have not improved, yes we had a lucky cup but we are in trouble, glad we are safe but I expect more on a bank holiday. Dreading Monday but I will be there like the last 40 odd years

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 123
chaos33
April 7, 2023, 7:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,000
Gold Stars: 362
So what’s the beetroot cobblers about?
‘Happy clappers’ is a term used by idiots like you. Have a read. Anyone seem happy?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 123
TheFryingSquad
April 7, 2023, 7:49pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11
We have some serious funding for next season, we should be able to progress but even the most ardent Paul Hurst fan must be questioning whether he’s the right person for the job.  He brings players into the club and then doesn’t play them, he constantly tinkers with the team and system, his choice of substitutions and timings are bizarre.

Yes he’s got us promoted twice, somewhat fortuitously on both occasions I might add but they are on his CV nonetheless.  He isn’t a poor manager but neither is he excellent, I just don’t think he’s got what it takes to move forward from here.  We can do better and should be looking now before this seasons football fortune is wasted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 123
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
April 7, 2023, 7:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from chaos33
So what’s the beetroot cobblers about?
‘Happy clappers’ is a term used by idiots like you. Have a read. Anyone seem happy?

If you know, you know

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 123
heppy88
April 7, 2023, 7:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
The team's performance at home this season has been disappointing. The fans have tried to support the team, but it has been difficult to get excited about the games. I know that some fans are considering not renewing their season tickets next season. I love GTFC and will always support them, but I understand why some people are questioning the financial commitment of a season ticket.

The above was written by Google Bard language model chatbot and I have to say I totally agree  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 123
arryarryarry
April 7, 2023, 7:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,047
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
A game of fine margins when 1-1 . They took their chances and won it . We didn’t when we should’ve took the lead on a couple of moments in front of goal . There’s the difference that needs addressing in the summer and hopefully PH will be given the funds to sign the sort of players that are capable of that .

The margins weren't that fine, apart from a few minutes spell in the second half, they were far better than us and fully deserved the win.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 123
heppy88
April 7, 2023, 8:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from TheFryingSquad
We have some serious funding for next season, we should be able to progress but even the most ardent Paul Hurst fan must be questioning whether he’s the right person for the job.  He brings players into the club and then doesn’t play them, he constantly tinkers with the team and system, his choice of substitutions and timings are bizarre.

Yes he’s got us promoted twice, somewhat fortuitously on both occasions I might add but they are on his CV nonetheless.  He isn’t a poor manager but neither is he excellent, I just don’t think he’s got what it takes to move forward from here.  We can do better and should be looking now before this seasons football fortune is wasted.

A balanced post that reflects my thoughts. But There's no way Hurst will be forced from the club. If he does go I think it will be (as was before) down to his own volition. Stockwood has always said he believes Hurst is an important part of the plans going forward. If they wont sack him during 10 straight losses last season, then there's not a cat in hells chance they will force him out after promotion and a sixth round FA  finish within a 12 month period.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 123
barralad
April 7, 2023, 8:07pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127

I think that must be football league games.

It must be...we won 15 home games last season.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 123
chaos33
April 7, 2023, 8:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,000
Gold Stars: 362

If you know, you know

F*ckwit

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Absolutely disgusted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.