toontown
April 8, 2023, 9:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ginnywings
Thought I would give it a day of reflection, which usually does the trick after a poor performance, but not this time. I'm still p1ssed off with that shambles yesterday and sick to death of watching crappy football at BP. How PH could fart about with that sub standard team and formation on a day with a big expectant holiday crowd, and then pass it off with a shrug in his post match interview was beyond the pale for me.

We've had almost 20 years of poor fare to contend with, including relegations and non league dross. I have kept going right through the lot, buying my season ticket and thinking it will get better, especially when the new owners came in, but I'm just about done with it now.

Listening to his pre match comments saying the budget is bigger, but not as big as some imagine, then banging on about players earning too much and demanding wages he doesn't want to pay because it might upset the group, got me thinking about what we will get next season. Will it be another group of honest triers who will run all day but can't do the football basics? Will we get any players who get you out of your seat?

I've got a campervan sat on the front doing nothing at weekends because I give up my time and money to watch Town when we are at home, and unless we get in some players for next season that genuinely get the juices flowing, then my money will instead be getting spent on fuel for the van.

Gregor Robertson wrote an article after the southampton game and mentioned that Hurst likes all his players earning about the same.

He is going to have to change if we are going to get a decent striker in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 123
aldi_01
April 8, 2023, 9:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
There’s a fellow fishy going through a tough time, probably teetering on the edge, and people are losing their minds because we lost a game that means nothing…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 123
GrimRob
April 8, 2023, 10:10pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,450
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from toontown

Gregor Robertson wrote an article after the southampton game and mentioned that Hurst likes all his players earning about the same.

He is going to have to change if we are going to get a decent striker in.

It's in the rest of the players interest to have a decent striker. They all want success and to be in a winning team. It will be heartbreaking if we start the first pre-season game with the number 9 jersey vacant again.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 112 - 123
Mappers
April 8, 2023, 10:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,504
Gold Stars: 120
It will be an interesting game Monday
Donny fans are in meltdown ,sounds like things are not good there on and off the pitch
No doubt we will go there and get a result ,Hurst teams do always seem to respond well to a bad result tbf - after our two most heavy league defeats (Swindon & Salford ) we won both league games afterwards .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 123
Running like emson
April 8, 2023, 11:14pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
Jeez, you guys still going on !? It’s a beautiful game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 123
Norseman
April 9, 2023, 12:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from aldi_01
There’s a fellow fishy going through a tough time, probably teetering on the edge, and people are losing their minds because we lost a game that means nothing…

Why does it mean nothing .6200 people paid good money to watch their team perform and hopefully win .Doesn't matter where we are in the league .All games matter .By the way we are still not safe so games mean even more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 123
Mayaman
April 9, 2023, 3:17am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,434
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from aldi_01

How the hell did that get red crosses?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 123
It Bites
April 9, 2023, 9:14am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from aldi_01

You can have a moan and care about some one at the same time you know
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 123
The Caterham Mariner
April 9, 2023, 2:42pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +99
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Running like emson
Jeez, you guys still going on !? It’s a beautiful game.

Funny old game Football!!
Hhmm
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 123
kevikov
April 9, 2023, 7:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +852
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from gtfc_chris

So by that logic, what you're saying is that if you have a bad day at work where you member everything up it'll be your employers fault because they hired you, they trained you and they gave you instructions on what to do?

Bit too convenient for my liking and an easy cop out, removing any notion of the players simply not performing. They played in a system that fans really got behind in recent weeks because of how it was working for us, before switching to a more attacking approach for the second half and the players simply didn't turn up in either.

Not at all, i stated that as manager, who trains them all week, devises tactics, picks the staring 11 and tells them where to form up, he is AS responsible as they are. Obviously the players should have a long hard look in the mirror after that capitulation but hurst should be stood right next to them looking also.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 123
13 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Absolutely disgusted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.