Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More fans in attacks.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 158 Guests

More fans in attacks.

This thread currently has 8,743 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
May 20, 2022, 8:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Squinter
Simple way to stop it, if 5 or more home side fans ( you'll always get some uncontrolable kn@bheads ) invade the pitch then the home team forfiet the game ( assuming they won or drew )

That would ensure me and 4 of my friends with non GY postcodes would be on the pitch as soon as Notts scored.

Private Message
Reply: 60 - 106
Squinter
May 20, 2022, 10:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from psgmariner

That would ensure me and 4 of my friends with non GY postcodes would be on the pitch as soon as Notts scored.

Yeah but having 'Young's' written across your chest might give it away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 106
Mayaman
May 21, 2022, 2:54am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Teestogreen
Seems to me that there needs to be a smarter way of preventing fans running on to the pitch.
The Play Offs seem to be the cause for all divisions.
One option is to not have Play Offs ie just promote and relegate teams at the end of the season based on their points accumulation - that used to be the norm.
Or - Football Association develops at temporary barrier system to be employed at every Play Off venue at the end of the season - as it seems to be their decision to have Play Offs.

That was rubbish.  The season was over for many teams way too early. The play off formula is much more exciting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 106
Mayaman
May 21, 2022, 2:55am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Quoted from Squinter

Yeah but having 'Young's' written across your chest might give it away

Cross out the 's' and act like a teenager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 106
Vance Warner
May 21, 2022, 7:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,830
Gold Stars: 105
Quoted from male private Nale

Glad to see someone is seeing the bigger picture. I stated in an earlier post the previous style of fencing was like an obstacle on the krypton factor, something that is easily scalable moving forward these fences need to be much higher sloping inwards.

Britain is a nation of war, always has been always will be, the fact that we have not been able to deploy our young men on such battlefields to overcome belligerent nations or subdue restless natives is now beginning to show in society. These fellows need theatres to act out their base instinct to fight (which runs strong through the British race) and if the government are no longer able to provide them then they will create their own in places such as football stadiums and town centres on a Saturday.

The idea that being British somehow makes you want to fight is laughable. Lots of countries around the world with much more violent histories but it doesn’t mean adults are violent. We have a very weird idea that being masculine means drinking and fighting and acting like a total bell end. If some of these cretins acted like real men they would take more responsibility for themselves and their families. Anyway just going to watch the news now to see Russia ‘subdue some restless natives.’
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 106
male private Nale
May 21, 2022, 8:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Vance Warner

The idea that being British somehow makes you want to fight is laughable. Lots of countries around the world with much more violent histories but it doesn’t mean adults are violent. We have a very weird idea that being masculine means drinking and fighting and acting like a total bell end. If some of these cretins acted like real men they would take more responsibility for themselves and their families. Anyway just going to watch the news now to see Russia ‘subdue some restless natives.’

Balderdash, I would love to see your list of countries that throughout history have been in more conflict than this island race.....

To quote Wellington our men are 'scum of the earth' and that doesn't get eradicated through a woke culture that has been around for half a tomato season.

The desire to fight, cause disruption, be a tribal menace remains strong in this nations men, channeled correctly it brings out a great armed force, left to its own devices it bubbles and erupts in places like town centres and football stadiums.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 106
May 21, 2022, 9:30am
Guest User

Good Lord, what are you expecting Millwall away?
This match will pass peacefully as it should. I think you’ve got that Friday feeling and are getting a little bit too excited

So what about all those who have got tickets for the home end.  Are they going to just sit there quietly when Town score?  I don't think so, and I'm guessing that it will then kick off, and that could cause major problems for the club/

Reply: 66 - 106
wuffing
May 21, 2022, 9:49am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +841
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from 123614

So what about all those who have got tickets for the home end.  Are they going to just sit there quietly when Town score?  I don't think so, and I'm guessing that it will then kick off, and that could cause major problems for the club/

Please don't be so presumptious as we might not score at all. Best not to tempt any kind of fate!!!!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 106
NorthseaMariner
May 21, 2022, 9:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
PLEASE, wherever you sit, PLEASE, just behave yourselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 106
The Yard Dog
May 21, 2022, 1:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Quoted from 123614

The problem has been caused by Notts County or the Police or both not allowing us to have the whole away section, beacuse they want the home advantage to benefit them, knowing we would sell 4K+.  In past County have given the the full allocation to the away team in the play-offs, Coventry springs to mind, so whats the difference.
Surely its easier to Police a large away following if you are in the same area, by limiting the numbers, they are forcing fans into sections of the home end who are desperate to see their team or turning up without tickets, in the hope of getting one from the touts. How many in the home end remains to be seen.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More fans in attacks.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.