Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More fans in attacks.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 128 Guests

More fans in attacks.

This thread currently has 8,744 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
male private Nale
May 20, 2022, 8:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Gold Stars: 136
I want perimeter fencing up as a minimum, also how long before people starting ripping seats up and using these as a projectile. To preempt this I would suggest the removal of all seating and a return to terracing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 106
toontown
May 20, 2022, 8:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from A.l.f.
This needs to stop - I remember being in cages at football matches in the 80’s looking through grids of steel.  It was awful and if we are not careful, new measures will come in.
Really hope our fans do not do this if we win on Monday night.  It’s far more enjoyable for the players to celebrate in front of us than a pitch invasion.

Yeah this, I remember some great times with the players celebrating in front of a packed away end with everyone chanting. It's loads better than milling about and jumping about as individuals on the pitch with the players trying to get away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 106
Les Brechin
May 20, 2022, 9:23am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
The thing is they're invading the pitch and they haven't even won anything yet, There's still the small matter of the final at Wembley to overcome!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 106
Kris2
May 20, 2022, 9:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Les Brechin
The thing is they're invading the pitch and they haven't even won anything yet, There's still the small matter of the final at Wembley to overcome!

People invade the pitch at any opportunity these days, it should be saved for something special like winning the cup or the league. Invading the pitch to celebrate say...A 2:2 draw with Barnet doesn't have the same effect.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 106
lew chaterleys lover
May 20, 2022, 10:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Somebody is going to get very seriously hurt soon and it was all so predictable that the celebrating of goals on the pitch ("oh what harm is it doing") has escalated.

It is now de rigueur to invade the pitch and the authorities won't have a scooby do what to do about it. The pitch should be absolutely sacrosanct in professional sport.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 106
Poojah
May 20, 2022, 10:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,672
Gold Stars: 1,508
Somebody is going to get very seriously hurt soon and it was all so predictable that the celebrating of goals on the pitch ("oh what harm is it doing") has escalated.

It is now de rigueur to invade the pitch and the authorities won't have a scooby do what to do about it. The pitch should be absolutely sacrosanct in professional sport.

Generally speaking, I’m massively against punishing the masses for the misdemeanours of a few rogue individuals. I’m a believer that punishment should go hard and specific to the individuals, rather than soft and broadly against football fans as a whole.

But this is different. The level of idiocy on display this week is such that no perceived consequence is going to prevent it. The bloke who nutted Billy Sharp; it isn’t a difficult calculation to make that if you do that to a high profile footballer on live TV that you will be identified, you will be arrested and you will do jail time for it. But that thought process was simply never engaged in the moment.

I think we’re after a point now that you have to outlaw pitch invasions. Technically they already are of course, but that law now needs properly enforcing before someone does indeed get seriously hurt and football is forced back into the dark ages.

To be honest, it’s a small price to pay in the big scheme of things. In over 30 years of following Town I can only recall a handful of what I’d consider legitimate pitch invasions; Exeter, Fulham, Spurs and possibly Eastleigh. That says a lot about our level of success in that period, but the point stands.

If we don’t nip this in the bud now, I think the longer-term ramifications for football fans as a collective will be grim.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 106
ska face
May 20, 2022, 10:24am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
I for one am intrigued at this new phenomenon, for I have not once in my life witnessed this act before and certainly not at the end of every single season, across every division, nor in cup fixtures and certainly have not seen the likes of Sky and the BBC using it in their promotional material.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 106
Son of Cod
May 20, 2022, 10:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Pitch invasions after playoff semi final wins are tinpot as fuck. Your team's still got a massive job to go and do and you're gonna look like a right helmet in a few days if you go and lose the final.

As for these pricks starting on players, the sooner one of them gets properly laid out by a player the better for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 106
Son of Cod
May 20, 2022, 10:30am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ska face
I for one am intrigued at this new phenomenon, for I have not once in my life witnessed this act before and certainly not at the end of every single season, across every division, nor in cup fixtures and certainly have not seen the likes of Sky and the BBC using it in their promotional material.

Something has changed this season, not sure if it's after a season of lockdown or what? I've never remembered so many teams goading fans after scoring too, it's been absolutely rife in the National League and now watching the playoffs it seems it's been a thing in the EFL divisions too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 106
Grantham_Mariner
May 20, 2022, 10:31am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,195
Gold Stars: 51
I blame the media. They stopped showing footage of streakers and people who run on the pitch during a match, but they show footage of after match encroachment. they should turn the cameras away as soon as it happens. People see it on TV and copy it, must be OK because I saw it on TV. The first time the media should report on it is when they are caught and been to court, or a club sanctioned.

N.B.     Same with flares, turn the cameras away.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More fans in attacks.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.